“EXCLLENT VALUE, CONVENIENT LOCATION”

Hotel ibis Birmingham Centre New Street
Ranked #54 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Wolverhampton
“EXCLLENT VALUE, CONVENIENT LOCATION”
Reviewed 9 August 2011

Great city centre location in China Town, only one minute walk from Birmingham Hippodrome, and couple of minutes from Bullring Centre and New Street Station. Alexandra Theatre about 5 minutes. 10 minutes walk to Symphony Hall and NIA Arena.

Very clean, lovely rooms and bathrooms. Friendly and helpful staff. Good restaurant and food.. Bedroom could be little noisy at times from street, but OK if windows kept closed.

Exceptional value for city centre hotel, budget deal for only £29 per room. Couldn't be bettered locally (Holiday Inn £63 per room). Would definitely stay there again next time in Brum for theatres, etc.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
K_TAHILIANI, Manager at Hotel ibis Birmingham Centre New Street, responded to this review, 16 August 2011
Many thanks for the positive comments, I’m happy we were able to make your stay with us so enjoyable. I hope we can welcome you back to the Ibis Birmingham City Centre again very soon.

Kind regards,
Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Vietnamese first
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 August 2011

The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. The location is great as it is near the train station and a host of restaurants and pubs. The room was clean but a little small. All in all we were quite happy with our stay.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Many thanks for the review. We always welcome feedback and my team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at Ibis Birmingham City Centre. I hope we can be part of your future travel plans.

Kind regards
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 30 July 2011

Hotel was very good value for money & ideally located for the centre of Birmingham. Staff were very friendly & helpfull with any queries.
We were travelling by train & the hotel is only a short walk from New Street Station.
It is very close to the Chinese Quarter which was most interesting & close to the Bull Ring shopping centre.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Many thanks for posting your comments. We appreciate all feedback very much and the team and I look forward to welcoming you back at Ibis Birmingham City Centre.

Kind regards
Port Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Great central location, I have used the hotel twice. But the noise at night can be incredible, particularly if u face the Arcadian Centre. Keep the window closed and it becomes airless, or open the window and experience the noise. Great restaurants right across the road and it is such a short walk to New St Station. All in all, good value

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business

As we are a City Centre Hotel and therefore there are some noise issues which are outside of our control. However we do try wherever possible to allocation rooms to guests away from any possible noise disturbance which does not appear to have happened in your case. On our guests recommendations we have introduced complimentary ear plugs which can be obtained from Reception. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience which may have been caused during your stay with us

We look forward to welcoming you in the future.

cork
Reviewed 27 July 2011

I have never felt the need to write a review on a hotel before. But having stayed in the Ibis hotel Ladywell Walk I had to share my views. It was a solo trip . The best ever!! The staff in the hotel were friendly ,helpful and couldn't do enough for their clients. The facilities were excellent. The room was basic but very clean and even the cleaning staff were friendly . !! Thank you Ibis!!! It is the first hotel I stayed in that I look forward to going back to.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
My team and I very much appreciate your kind words, and we’re glad to have been a part of your visit . We look forward to welcoming you back at Ibis Birmingham City Centre.

Kind regards,
England
Reviewed 25 July 2011

I stayed at the Ibis for one night for an event - I chose the hotel based on its proximity to the venue and the ratings given to it. I was expecting basic rooms, however I would have also expected it to feel clean.
I was given a room on the second floor - the first thing I noticed when I walked into the room was the overpowering smell of cigarettes. This is supposed to be a non-smoking hotel! I opened the windows and the smell did go - eventually.
The *carpet* was more like fuzzy lineolium, very very worn, and looked so dirty I did not want to take my shoes off.
The matress on the bed was thin, as were the pillows. Sheets and bedding were clean at least, and I found myself getting changed on the bed to avoid stepping on the floor.
The bathroom was very small, however it was clean and everything worked OK. There were only two medium sized towels though.
The staff at least were pleasant and helpful - however this in no way makes up for the state of the rooms. They're doing an admirable job with a hotel in dire need of an update.
Note on parking for anyone that needs it - the car park is under the hotel and accessed via the loading bay. However, if you have a 4x4 or higher-than-average car don't expect to be able to get through the door. Headroom is extremely limited (to walk through it I had to duck - all 5'7 of me plus heels.)

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Katherine701
K_TAHILIANI, Manager at Hotel ibis Birmingham Centre New Street, responded to this review, 26 July 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay with us. I was very disappointed to learn that you did not receive the level of service which should have been afforded to you.

I am currently in the process of investigating the matter with the relevant department and would like to take this opportunity to assure you that all comments are acted upon and used to improve the products and service we provide to our guests..

I would like to thank you for bringing this matter to my attention and if you would like to discuss that matter further with me please do not hesitate to contact me.

Operations Manager

Travellers are raving about these Birmingham hotels

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 July 2011

We stayed for 2 nights - the room was v. small with barely room to turn in ensuite. towels were white once but discoloured and worn and no handtowel. the room was v. hot and also v. noisy .did not sleep. at no stage did anyone ask if everything was ok. at checking out was not asked if we enjoyed our stay - v. disappointing and would definitely not stay again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank mary77778
Thank you for your comments concerning your recent stay with us and please accept my apologies for the difficulties you have encountered at the time, which are clearly not acceptable. I would like to discuss these with you directly if you could contact me directly at the hotel.