“Brilliant place to stay”

Hotel ibis Birmingham Centre New Street
Ranked #58 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
Sunshine Coast England
“Brilliant place to stay”
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Cannot fault this hotel, the staff were friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable although the ensuite was extremely small but as we only stayed for 1 night this didn't matter too much. It's right in China Town so there is no shortage of places to eat and car-parking charges are quite reasonable. Would definitely stay again excellent value for money.

Room Tip: Ask what size the en-suite is!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
K_TAHILIANI, Manager at Hotel ibis Birmingham Centre New Street, responded to this review, 20 April 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to Ibis Birmingham Centre hotel. I’m delighted that you enjoyed your stay . We look forward to welcoming you in the future.

Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Vietnamese first
uk
Reviewed 15 April 2012

I was there for a conference at the ICC.I chose it as I had stayed before and its lose to New St Station. I had to be awake by 7.00am on the Saturday morning. My room (so I found out the following morning after speaking to reception) was on "the noisy side of the hotel" Music outside was playing until 2am. I understand this is outside the hotel's control.
I was in room 232 which I presume was a family room as internally there was a door to the next door room (234). My neighbours played music until 3am. I did not ring reception as I could hear every word they said and I was certain if I rang reception they would hear every word I said. They did not seem pleasant people and staying as a woman on my own I did not want to create a situation. However someone else must have rung as Securtity came to tackle them at 3am. An arguement broke out and eventually after securtity returned a second time all went quiet.
Apart from the noise issue I found pubic hairs in the bedsheets which I think is unforgiveable.
I have stayed previously at the Ibis in Birmingham but I will never return

Room Tip: Ask for the quiet side as clearly there is a noisy side.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for your comments concerning your recent stay with us and please accept my apologies for what appear to have been a very poor experience at the time. I would like to discuss this with you directly if you could contact me directly at the hotel either by phone or email.

Wicklow, Ireland
Reviewed 12 April 2012

I stayed here on business and wasn't expecting much, as this is a cheap and cheerful Ibis, but I must say, the friendliness and professionalism of the staff was impressive.

The hotel is typical Ibis, functional rooms, clean, and serves its purpose. This Ibis is located in the China Town district of Birmingham,and beside the Arcadian centre, which has many bars, restaurants and clubs.

I would recommend this hotel based on my experience.

Room Tip: If arriving into Birmingham New Street, by train, from the airport, the hotel is (at most) a 5 minut...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
K_TAHILIANI, Manager at Hotel ibis Birmingham Centre New Street, responded to this review, 13 April 2012
Many thanks for the positive comments, I’m happy we were able to make your stay with us so enjoyable. I hope we can welcome you back to the Ibis Birmingham City Centre again very soon.

Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 April 2012

Booked for 3 nights, only stayed 2, the noise was appalling from night club could hear the bass from the music above the television early evening, and went on until early hours of the morning. The staff were not friendly on arrival. When we left the porch into the hotel was strewn with empty bottles and left over takeaway food and cartons (not pleasant). no intentions of returning.

Room Tip: dont go here if you want to sleep
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple