Hotel ibis Birmingham Centre New Street
Ranked #57 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 22 April 2012

I had booked a room at the Novotel, but due to their overbooking, they put me in here for one night. I got in late in the evening and left in the morning, so the only thing I did was sleep the night in the room. Well, I got a room on the noisy side of the hotel with the music coming into the room from the club across. Fortunately, this time I was so tired from traveling, that I caught sleep despite of the music, but I woke up a few times because of the music.

The room was quite large and the bathroom was very nice.

The location is very central.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
K_TAHILIANI, Manager at Hotel ibis Birmingham Centre New Street, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2012

Thank you for your comments. We do try our best to allocate the rooms away from the noise, As the location of the hotel is in lively Arcadian centre with clubs around there are few noise issues from outside the hotel which is beyond our control .The hotel has double glazing . We sincerely apologise for inconvenience caused to you due to this on your stay with us.

Operations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,749)

Reviewed 21 April 2012

1  Thank Jaganil

Reviewed 20 April 2012

Hotel itself is ok for the money although I have been to better accor hotels. Luckily we'd been to a wine tasting so slept through the noise coming from Chinatown. Breakfast pretty good for price too

• Stayed: April 2012

Reviewed 19 April 2012

A thoroughly enjoyable stay. The customer service from the moment I arrived was consistently excellent from every member of staff I came in contact with. In particular was the extra helpfulness even if it wasn't their 'department'. I suspect they must have a good manager at this hotel who communicates well with her/his staff.

Minutes away from New Street, taxis available outside the hotel, great place for business, theatre trips and tourists.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Paul D
K_TAHILIANI, Manager at Hotel ibis Birmingham Centre New Street, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2012

Thank you very much for staying at our hotel and sharing your experience. Guest feedback helps us measure our performance and we appreciate your taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay with us. We work very hard to provide excellence in product and service and we always appreciate it when guests acknowledge our efforts. Thank you again and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 17 April 2012

Cannot fault this hotel, the staff were friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable although the ensuite was extremely small but as we only stayed for 1 night this didn't matter too much. It's right in China Town so there is no shortage of places to eat and car-parking charges are quite reasonable. Would definitely stay again excellent value for money.

Room Tip: Ask what size the en-suite is!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to Ibis Birmingham Centre hotel. I’m delighted that you enjoyed your stay . We look forward to welcoming you in the future.

Reviewed 15 April 2012

I was there for a conference at the ICC.I chose it as I had stayed before and its lose to New St Station. I had to be awake by 7.00am on the Saturday morning. My room (so I found out the following morning after speaking to reception) was on "the noisy side of the hotel" Music outside was playing until 2am. I understand this is outside the hotel's control.
I was in room 232 which I presume was a family room as internally there was a door to the next door room (234). My neighbours played music until 3am. I did not ring reception as I could hear every word they said and I was certain if I rang reception they would hear every word I said. They did not seem pleasant people and staying as a woman on my own I did not want to create a situation. However someone else must have rung as Securtity came to tackle them at 3am. An arguement broke out and eventually after securtity returned a second time all went quiet.
Apart from the noise issue I found pubic hairs in the bedsheets which I think is unforgiveable.
I have stayed previously at the Ibis in Birmingham but I will never return

Room Tip: Ask for the quiet side as clearly there is a noisy side.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for your comments concerning your recent stay with us and please accept my apologies for what appear to have been a very poor experience at the time. I would like to discuss this with you directly if you could contact me directly at the hotel either by phone or email.

Reviewed 12 April 2012

I stayed here on business and wasn't expecting much, as this is a cheap and cheerful Ibis, but I must say, the friendliness and professionalism of the staff was impressive.

The hotel is typical Ibis, functional rooms, clean, and serves its purpose. This Ibis is located in the China Town district of Birmingham,and beside the Arcadian centre, which has many bars, restaurants and clubs.

I would recommend this hotel based on my experience.

Room Tip: If arriving into Birmingham New Street, by train, from the airport, the hotel is (at most) a 5 minut...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
K_TAHILIANI, Manager at Hotel ibis Birmingham Centre New Street, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2012

Many thanks for the positive comments, I’m happy we were able to make your stay with us so enjoyable. I hope we can welcome you back to the Ibis Birmingham City Centre again very soon.