“central location but very noisey”

Hotel ibis Birmingham Centre New Street
Ranked #57 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Joanna T, General Manager at Hotel ibis Birmingham Centre New Street, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

There are newer reviews for Hotel ibis Birmingham Centre New Street

Reviewed 26 November 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 26 November 2013

My adult daughter and I stayed for one night, as we were seeing a show at the Glee Club, right next door to the hotel, so it was wonderfully convenient. Our room was compact but clean and comfortable, the shower was great and the beds were very comfortable (we had a twin room). I was possibly the first person to use the hairdryer as its cable was still tied up and the plastic cover was on the plug, but it was powerful enough to cope with my hair. We noticed no noise, apart from in the morning after we awoke and heard some vehicles being unloaded. I was particularly impressed with the receptionist who, when I returned after we'd booked out to explain I was lost, took me out of the entrance to show my exactly which way I needed to walk, thank you so much for that! We didn't eat there, but did use the kettle for making coffee. An ideal hotel for our purposes.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Joanna T, General Manager at Hotel ibis Birmingham Centre New Street, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Dear Dawn,

Thank you very much for your feedback. It is lovely to receive such positive review and my whole team is very happy that you ejoyed your stay. I have shared your feedback with the reception team in particular.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

An excellent budget hotel in a fab location, but because of a night club underneath the hotel there was a constant bass beat of DOOF DOOF DOOF which you could actually feel from 11 ish to 3 am. It was better with the window open as the traffic masked it a bit! This is the only reason I marked it down for sleep quality as the beds were very comfortable if a bit small. The room and bathroom were also a bit small - but not uncomfortably so, and as I was sightseeing the size of the room wasn't important as I wasn't in it much. The room and the rest of the hotel was spotlessly clean and the buffet breakfast was excellent. The reception staff were friendly and polite, the buffet staff were less so but there only appeared to be one to cover it and it was busy so they were rushing about. We had a drink in the hotel at night and asked if it was possible to have some chips to share but were told it was too late, and we were given complimentary crisps instead which I thought was a nice touch. I stayed with 3 friends for a weekend shopping and visit to the Christmas market which the hotel is ideally located for. There was also plenty of restaurants and bars next to the hotel in the Arcadian Centre. I would definitely stay again but would ask for a quieter room on a high floor - we were on the first floor.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the nightclub or on a high floor.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Joanna T, General Manager at Hotel ibis Birmingham Centre New Street, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Dear Sir/Madam,

I would like to thank you for your review. We are very pleased that you found our reception team welcoming and polite and that our cleanliness standards are appreciated. Our breakfast team will be very pleased to see that you found it to be of excellent standard. I am sorry that during busy breakfast service we did not manage to devote as much time to our guests as we would like to. I will be certain to follow up on your comments with both breakfast and restaurant teams. At the same time, I am sorry that the noise from nighclub disturbed you during night.

We thank you for your comments and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Reviewed 24 November 2013

Enjoyed a 2 night stay. The beds are among the most comfortable of any hotel we have stayed at. The refurb is now virtually complete, Having stayed here a year ago, the transformation has been well worthwhile. The service and attention to detail is vastly improved. The rooms are on the small side but have everything you would need except a hair dryer. The location is great.

• Stayed: November 2013
Joanna T, General Manager at Hotel ibis Birmingham Centre New Street, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Dear Sir/Madam,

I would like to thank you for your review. I am very pleased to see that you found our Sweet Bed by Ibis very comfortable and that you like our new lobby, reception and bar design. Indeed the renovation is almost completed and we are very happy to receive positive feedback. I am sorry that on this occassion the hairdryer was missing from the room. We have now audited all the rooms to make sure that all are fully equipped. Shall that have been reported, we would be happy to provide spare one straightaway. Once more, thank you for your comments.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

Stayed one night and the hotel was full. Despite being busy the check in was courteous and very efficient. The whole area is spotlessly clean, credit to the staff who were responsible for this. One lady was polishing the stainless steel of the lift doors. The room was perfectly adequate not luxury but again absolutely spotless. The bed was very comfortable and the room was a perfect temperature not at all overheated as some hotels can be. The bathroom was again absolutely spotless, I am quite fussy about these things! The shower cubicle was roomy and there was an excellent shower with plenty of hot water. Nice fluffy towels too!
The reception staff could not have been more helpful and pleasant with my inquires. Altogether the hotel has a very friendly and pleasant atmosphere.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I have passed on your excellent review of our cleaning standards to housekeeping department. We are delighted that you found the hotel spotlessly clean. Reception team was also very pleased to see your very positive comments.
We hope to welcome you back again soon.