Hotel ibis Birmingham Centre New Street
ibis Styles Birmingham Centre(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$163
US$80
US$68
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Birmingham Nec/Airport Hotel(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
US$119
PremierInn.com
  • Bar/Lounge
US$93
PremierInn.com
  • Bar/Lounge
1,788 results
All reviewschinese quarterglee clubarcadian centrehippodrome theatrebull ringrooms are smallcentral locationnew streetbed was very comfortablenew st stationreception desktrain stationfew minutes walkshort stayone night staywould stay againbars and restaurants
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 November 2013

This hotel was booked for us. The reception area was a mass of plastic sheets with bits of furniture strewn around. Wires hanging from ceilings, on floors and generally everywhere one looked. I did ask if the company that booked the room was told of its 'state'- they just said it was on their website!
The bedroom was ok- it was Ibis- so one tends to know what is expected however the next morning the breakfast was available in the same reception area that was the building site! Food was not too hot, serving areas spread all around the food area and when I got my Danish pastries there was a man fixing lights above me (and the food) not good at all! Staff seemed oblivious and were dealing with their own stresses of managing this awful situation. We had asked for parking to be booked in advance to be told on arrival that if there was a space in their limited area it would be £10 per night- fortunately we got the last space and paid the fee.
Would not go back!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Joanna T, General Manager at Hotel ibis Birmingham Centre New Street, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Dear Kay,

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that on this occassion the quality of your stay was affected by the renovation of public areas. As kindly pointed out, we communicated information about renovation on our website. I am pleased to confirm that the refurbishment has now been completed and I am sure that you would appreciate the new modern design of our restaurant, reception and bar.

We hope to welcome you again.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 26 November 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 26 November 2013

My adult daughter and I stayed for one night, as we were seeing a show at the Glee Club, right next door to the hotel, so it was wonderfully convenient. Our room was compact but clean and comfortable, the shower was great and the beds were very comfortable (we had a twin room). I was possibly the first person to use the hairdryer as its cable was still tied up and the plastic cover was on the plug, but it was powerful enough to cope with my hair. We noticed no noise, apart from in the morning after we awoke and heard some vehicles being unloaded. I was particularly impressed with the receptionist who, when I returned after we'd booked out to explain I was lost, took me out of the entrance to show my exactly which way I needed to walk, thank you so much for that! We didn't eat there, but did use the kettle for making coffee. An ideal hotel for our purposes.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Joanna T, General Manager at Hotel ibis Birmingham Centre New Street, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Dear Dawn,

Thank you very much for your feedback. It is lovely to receive such positive review and my whole team is very happy that you ejoyed your stay. I have shared your feedback with the reception team in particular.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

An excellent budget hotel in a fab location, but because of a night club underneath the hotel there was a constant bass beat of DOOF DOOF DOOF which you could actually feel from 11 ish to 3 am. It was better with the window open as the traffic masked it a bit! This is the only reason I marked it down for sleep quality as the beds were very comfortable if a bit small. The room and bathroom were also a bit small - but not uncomfortably so, and as I was sightseeing the size of the room wasn't important as I wasn't in it much. The room and the rest of the hotel was spotlessly clean and the buffet breakfast was excellent. The reception staff were friendly and polite, the buffet staff were less so but there only appeared to be one to cover it and it was busy so they were rushing about. We had a drink in the hotel at night and asked if it was possible to have some chips to share but were told it was too late, and we were given complimentary crisps instead which I thought was a nice touch. I stayed with 3 friends for a weekend shopping and visit to the Christmas market which the hotel is ideally located for. There was also plenty of restaurants and bars next to the hotel in the Arcadian Centre. I would definitely stay again but would ask for a quieter room on a high floor - we were on the first floor.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the nightclub or on a high floor.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Joanna T, General Manager at Hotel ibis Birmingham Centre New Street, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Dear Sir/Madam,

I would like to thank you for your review. We are very pleased that you found our reception team welcoming and polite and that our cleanliness standards are appreciated. Our breakfast team will be very pleased to see that you found it to be of excellent standard. I am sorry that during busy breakfast service we did not manage to devote as much time to our guests as we would like to. I will be certain to follow up on your comments with both breakfast and restaurant teams. At the same time, I am sorry that the noise from nighclub disturbed you during night.

We thank you for your comments and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.