“Convienient Location”

Hotel ibis Birmingham Centre New Street
Ranked #56 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 6 February 2014

The hotel is situated in a convenient location to access Birmingham City centre. I have stayed twice for work. This time my room was clean and quiet though some noise from the corridor. Previously the room was on the side overlooking several bars. The bed was comfortable,

I was very disappointed with the breakfast. There is a good choice but unfortunately at the time I went (8.00 am), the majority of the hot plates were empty and needed refilling.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Joanna T, General Manager at Hotel ibis Birmingham Centre New Street, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am pleased to see that you found the bedroom clean and quiet. At the same time I am sorry about the hot plates not being fully stokcked at the moment when you arrived for breakfast. I will be sure to share your fedback with breakfast team.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

Well placed for City centre, train station and about a 15 min. walk to the Symphony Hall. Staff friendly and helpful. Room on the small size but more than adequate. Bed very comfortable. Shower was nice and hot. Buffet breakfast was tasty and as much as I could eat. I would definitely stay here again if visiting Birmingham. I like the check-in from 12MD.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am very pleased that you were pleased with so many aspects of your stay. I will share your positive comments with breakfast, reception and housekeeping teams.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

When I stayed last year I had a very bad night because of the noise from the club next door that boomed into the early hours. I was not happy to be stuck here again this year BUT I asked for a quiet room and found it very good. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom was good and the breakfast OK for a buffet style. The location is good for the city centre and train station. So, providing I can get a quiet room again, I would happily stay next year. Also the staff were very helpful and welcoming.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room as high up as possible on the side away from the nightclub next door.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Helene Christin... P

Dear Helene,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am particularly happy to see that you are our returning guest and that this time you enjoyed your stay much more. I am very pleased that you enjoyed comfort of our Sweet Bed and found our location convenient.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 6 February 2014

We stopped here on a visit to the Hippodrome, which it's perfectly placed for. Also within walking distance of New street station. Really comfy and clean and great value. Will stay again. Breakfast looked good.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Louise,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay, found our bedrooms clean and location convenient. I will also share your feedback with our breakfast team.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

I stayed here for a work's training course and found that the rooms are small and functional. The TV system is dated and there is no bath but the shower was very good.
Not sure if I'd choose to stay here for a leisure visit.

• Stayed: February 2014
Joanna T, General Manager at Hotel ibis Birmingham Centre New Street, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Dear Sir,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am glad to see that you found our rooms functional and shower very good. I am pleased to inform you that at the end of this month we will have our our TVs updated with freeview available.

We do hope that you will give us opportunity to welcome you again.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

Don't know how good value this place was as didn't pay for it or see the bill. The reception is swish and modern. That doesn't quite extend to the rooms, which I found a little dated and bit tired. Clean though.

Super comfortable bed though. Room was small, but adequate size. Good little extra having the cable to plug mp3 players into the TV - however mine was faulty. Effective heating too - room was lovely and toasty!

Very friendly and helpful staff - can't fault that.

Although right in the city centre, the noise was not bad. I could hear someone's TV in the next room though, and without ear plug's it may not be quiet enough for anyone sensitive to noise.

Nice selection for breakfast, although the hot food was not very hot!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Sir/Madam,

I would like to thank you for sharing your feedback with us. It is great to see that you found our Sweet Bed by Ibis very comfortable and that you appreciate our high room cleanliness and customer service standards. The modern design of our public areas is outcome of recent renovation and so the style differs from the bedrooms decor. I have shared your feedback with breakfast team.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.