“would go back again”

Hotel ibis Birmingham Centre New Street
Ranked #57 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 16 February 2014

arranged night out and hotel was very central to bars and clubs. staff freindly, hotel very clean and modern although en suite quite small, does the job.bed comfy, breakfast buffet had a good choice went back for seconds! our room backed onto arcadian but noise was very minimum thanks to the two windows. only downside a couple tried to allow thier friends back into their room at 4 in the morning and was woken by security escorting them off the premises.staff did apologize in the morning.

Room Tip: free wifi in all rooms
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Joanna T, General Manager at Hotel ibis Birmingham Centre New Street, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your comments. We are very pleased to see your review about good standards of hotel cleanliness, comfort of the bed and good quality of breakfast. I am sorry that you were disturbed at night but at the same time I am pleased to see that the issue with other guests was dealt with promptly.

We look forward to wlecoming you back again soon.

Joanna

Write a ReviewReviews (1,730)

Reviewed 14 February 2014

Well I have to say I did not have the best experience with this hotel. I booked through a travel agent, the hotel rang the travel agent up week before my stay to say they had overbooked. I was offered the Ibis at the airport a ten mile journey away. I obviously said that was unsuitable, and was then offered the Ibis budget, before being rang back to say they had a cancelation and they could now fulfil the booking. An afternoon of sitting by the phone, and fielding calls trying to sort.

Now on to the positives the hotel is really central, and ideal for anyone who intends to go out in Birmingham, or a shopping trip.The hotel is clean, tidy, and modern, the beds were really comfortable. It has a small car park attached, payable at reception, £10 per night. Staff are friendly, and do try their best.

I chose to eat in the hotel on the evening and was a little bit disappointed. There was an extensive menu displayed in the hotel lift, but was handed a small menu with three main meals on, and advised that was all there was. The menu was expensive, but I thought if its good food who cares. I waited ages for it, and when it arrived it was almost inedible, soggy pizza. There was no staff available to complain to, and by that time I was running short of time.

When it came to check out they tried to charge me for a car park I had already paid for, then a none existent pet.

The hotel was quite expensive on the night I stayed.

I contacted the hotel and complained, and was provided with a refund for the meal.

Looking at other revues it looks like I have had an unluckily experience. I have made another booking at this hotel, hopefully I won't have the same problems again, and hopefully will be able to write a more positive revue on my next stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night with my wife. The room was lovely and clean and the bed is FANTASTIC! Extremely comfy. We had breakfast also which was delicious with lots of choice. This only cost £7.95 due to a 241 deal. Very satisfied, would stay here again, excellent location also.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Ian,

Thank you for your review. I am very happy to see that you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us. I am pleased to see that you found Sweet Bed by Ibis comfortable. I am sure that breakfast team will be very happy to see that you appreciate our efforts in making sure that we provide good quality and variety of food. I will also happily share your feedback with housekeeping team.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

Using the 'Happy Mondays' promotion (join Accor's 'LeClub' loyalty programme) I got a room for £25 by booking on Monday (or Tuesday) for the following Friday, and I must say it compared very favourably with Travelodge. The rooms are quite compact and the shower room/toilet not much bigger than a cupboard but it's a very efficient use of space. All rather clinical, not quite as plush as Holiday Inn Express. Generally quite clean except for some stains on the bath mat and the heater unit was falling apart. Very friendly staff, and 24 hour wifi is free unlike at Premier Inn. Breakfast at £7.95 per person does put the overall price up (free at Holiday Inn Express) but it was very well presented with good quality bacon and sausages. However the hash browns were inedible, not sure what they were made of! About ten minutes walk from New Street station and not far from the Bull Ring and other city centre shops, so the location is good. Comfortable bed, but noise of doors shutting in the corridor did disturb me during the night. My room was at the back so very little outside noise. Not sure about temperature control, it seems to be centrally regulated so if you're not happy with what they have set I'm not sure if it can be adjusted. There's not much to judge between Premier Inn, Holiday Inn Express and Ibis - so it largely comes down to price and location - check out the competition first and look for special offers before booking!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Dear Mike,

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay, found our beds comfortable, rooms clean and breakfast to be of good quality and well presented. I will be sure to share your feedback with all relevant hotel departments and follow up on all your commets.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

I stayed in this inner city hotel on business for a mid-week night recently. Accepted the booking from the ravel agent with some trepidation but was very pleasantly surprised. Hotel has a great location (if you need to be in the centre of Birmingham that is...). Staff (non-English) all very helpful and efficient. Room was small but totally functional: clean, quiet, decently equipped - everything you actually need. Wifi was free (very welcome!) and decent speed. Bar and meal service was minimalist but again fir for purpose: offer of a free drink gratefully accepted and fish pie was hot and tasty (first choice of Thai Curry was not available). Breakfast very good value at <£8, though I only had coffee and yoghurt. Only criticism was extremely narrow entrance to car parking underground: how I did not scrape the car, I don't know....

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for such a positive review. I am very pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay, found our bar and breakfast offer suitable and the room functional. I will share your kind words about our customer care with the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Jaonna

Reviewed 6 February 2014

The hotel is situated in a convenient location to access Birmingham City centre. I have stayed twice for work. This time my room was clean and quiet though some noise from the corridor. Previously the room was on the side overlooking several bars. The bed was comfortable,

I was very disappointed with the breakfast. There is a good choice but unfortunately at the time I went (8.00 am), the majority of the hot plates were empty and needed refilling.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am pleased to see that you found the bedroom clean and quiet. At the same time I am sorry about the hot plates not being fully stokcked at the moment when you arrived for breakfast. I will be sure to share your fedback with breakfast team.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

Well placed for City centre, train station and about a 15 min. walk to the Symphony Hall. Staff friendly and helpful. Room on the small size but more than adequate. Bed very comfortable. Shower was nice and hot. Buffet breakfast was tasty and as much as I could eat. I would definitely stay here again if visiting Birmingham. I like the check-in from 12MD.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am very pleased that you were pleased with so many aspects of your stay. I will share your positive comments with breakfast, reception and housekeeping teams.

We look forward to welcioming you back again soon.