I stayed here quite a while ago now, but I remember this hotel being so horrible it put me off staying in Ibis hotels for a long time.
The first thing I saw walking in were some drunk people sitting at a very run down bar...the reception staff weren't particularly pleasant either.
The room was stuffy, smelly and dark. The bathroom was as small as one on an airplane but was clean at least.
Also it's very noisy, I stayed here for a night out in Birmingham and got a cab to Broad Street so it was ok location wise...but when we got back I didn't sleep a wink due to being able to hear everything going on around me!
Wouldn't stay here again...there are better hotels in Birmingham for the same price range!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ibis Birmingham Centre New Street offers 159 contemporary bedrooms with air cooling in the heart of the lively Chinese quarter and adjacent to the Arcadian Centre with its various bars and nightclubs. The Chill Bar at the hotel serves snacks 24 hours per day. 3 min walk from the Birmingham central train station(New Street) and Bullring Shopping Centre. Close to the NIA, ICC and easily accessible by train from NEC. 5 conference rooms for up to 200 delegates. The hotel is easily accessible from the M1, M6 and M42 motorways. Limited Car parking spaces at Hotel and also nearby Public car park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Lastminute, Expedia, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel ibis Birmingham Centre New Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Birmingham City Centre Hotel Birmingham
- Accor Birmingham City Centre