“Highly recommend”

Hotel ibis Birmingham Centre New Street
Ranked #58 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Vietnamese first
Skelmersdale, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I stayed here overnight on a business trip.

Having booked and then read some of the truly awful reviews on TripAdvisor, I was a little wary and wishing I'd booked elsewhere.

However, although the room was basic, it was clean, had all the 'bits' you'd expect, and the bed was very comfortable. My room was overlooking Chinatown and having read about the noise issues previous travellers had experienced I purchased ear plugs but didn't need them and had a good night's sleep.

A decent, basic hotel in a very convenient location for the city centre.

1 Thank anu63
Joanna T, General Manager at Hotel ibis Birmingham Centre New Street, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear Anu,

Thank you for your feedback. I am very pleased to see that you found Ibis Birmingham Centre clean and comfortable. I am also glad to see that you found our accomodation suitable for business stay.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 March 2014

The hotel is right next to the bull ring, watch out when entering the car park it's a very small door under the hotel only just wide enough to fit your car.

The hotel is well placed for the brew dog and Wellington pub for real ale lovers. The staff are prompt and the hotel is clean enough, if a little tired looking under the surface. The night I was there every item of food I requested was off with the exception of a margarita pizza which was out of a box from (insert super market of your choice). The breakfast was great but the location at reception next to the room used for conferences could be better, but for £49 I'm not going to moan.

The location was nice and quiet and easy to find off the M6. it's the first time I've used Ibis but I would use this place again. Be aware it's not a hotel for anybody with kids, they don't do family rooms, go with premier inn if that's what you need.

1 Thank cuzeng
Joanna T, General Manager at Hotel ibis Birmingham Centre New Street, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I will gladly share your positive feedback with breakfast team and housekeeping department. May I take this opportunity to explain that we have limited number of family bedrooms in the hotel accommodating two adults and one child.

Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

sheffield
Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

Perfect location and good reception area which raised my spirits, but sadly bedrooms have not had the same facelift.
The bedrooms are small but clean, the walls thin, it's a bit like a student residence. The breakfasts were a bit dire and certainly not worth £8 the only thing I managed were Rice Krispies the normal spread is available but the croissants are so dry they were inedible on two morning, the fried breakfast doesn't fare much better.
Great care is needed in the car park as it's very narrow but there is no warning before you get down to the gate. I phoned to ask about the car park space the night before and no one mentioned the fact that my car may be too big Picasso C4, there is a sign but it's right next to the door it should be clearly stated at the main entrance. As I was wedged between the wall and narrow gate when I could read it. There is a great deal of parking around so if you have a larger car I would think about alternative parking as I will have to have my car fixed as it is scraped all down one side.
I was staying here because I was on a course, think I would pay a bit extra and move out of the budget bracket.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank margaretspps
Dear Margaret,

I would like to thank you for your feedback. While I am glad that you found our location convenient, I am sorry that you did not find the quality of our breakfast meeting your expectations. I will shared your feedback with breakfast team. I am also sorry that you damaged your car while using our car park. The sign at the entrance advises that large vehicles could be parked in the car park opposite our hotel at the same rate. I appreciate your comments in regards to making that clearer at booking stage.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 10 March 2014

A very nice ibis hotel, after some bad Accor experience in the UK i have to say with Ibis you know what you get
Nice clean room, small of course but is ibis.. super TV and nice bed… lovely housekeeping and very friendly staff at the reception, would recommend this hotel to all who like party as it is quite noisy on weekends as one of the night live districts of Birmingham is just next for.
All in all a great hotel for a good price, compliment!

Dear AndyRandy,

Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and I am very happy to see your positive review of friendliness of reception and housekeeping teams. It is great to see that we have managed to recover your trust in Accor.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.