I stayed at Ibis Birmingham City Centre for a three night weekend as part of a conference booking.
I was pleased to have free wifi and the bed was comfortable. The rooms were clean. The hotel is a short walk from Birmingham New Street Rail Station. The lunches provided for the conference were actually quite impressive and varied.
There are tea/coffee making facilities in the room, although housekeeping would remove the teabags and spoons and not replace them...
The only bin is in the bathroom, so you have to lean over the toilet to put a teabag in the bin which I feel is a little unhygienic.
The body towels in the bathroom are a little on the small side.
The heating in the bedroom could not be individually controlled. I found myself quite uncomfortable at night as it was too hot (and I wouldn't open the windows due to street noise).
There was quite a bit of movement in the corridor with people coming and going during the early hours of the morning.
One night the fire alarm sounded at 4am as someone was smoking in their room, this woke the whole hotel up. Reception were able to quickly identify which room the smoke was coming from, although if this is the case I don't see why it is necessary to wake the whole hotel up first! Unfortunately for me I had a full day's work ahead of me in one of the hotel's conference rooms, followed by a very long journey home.
The Reception staff were polite and friendly, unless a complaint was being made.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ibis Birmingham Centre New Street offers 159 contemporary bedrooms with air cooling in the heart of the lively Chinese quarter and adjacent to the Arcadian Centre with its various bars and nightclubs. The Chill Bar at the hotel serves snacks 24 hours per day. 3 min walk from the Birmingham central train station(New Street) and Bullring Shopping Centre. Close to the NIA, ICC and easily accessible by train from NEC. 5 conference rooms for up to 200 delegates. The hotel is easily accessible from the M1, M6 and M42 motorways. Limited Car parking spaces at Hotel and also nearby Public car park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Priceline, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel ibis Birmingham Centre New Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Birmingham City Centre Hotel Birmingham
- Accor Birmingham City Centre