“A great choice for Central Birmingham - with excellent service.”

Hotel ibis Birmingham Centre New Street
Ranked #60 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
“A great choice for Central Birmingham - with excellent service.”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

This hotel is probably no better than would be expected of the brand. Nevertheless, the attitude and approach if the staff went well beyond expectations. I was genuinely impressed by the willingness of all the staff to try to solve problems. The location is convenient, the rooms are large and comfortable, and the common areas are clean and spacious. A good choice for Central Birmingham.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Joanna T, General Manager at Hotel ibis Birmingham Centre New Street, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Dear Andrew,

I would like to thank you very much for such a wonderful review of the friendlines of our team. It is very much appreciated and will certianly serve as positive encouragement. I have also shared your positive review of hotel cleanliness with housekeeping team.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Joanna

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (256)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Vietnamese first
Hitchin, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I stayed at Ibis Birmingham City Centre for a three night weekend as part of a conference booking.

I was pleased to have free wifi and the bed was comfortable. The rooms were clean. The hotel is a short walk from Birmingham New Street Rail Station. The lunches provided for the conference were actually quite impressive and varied.

There are tea/coffee making facilities in the room, although housekeeping would remove the teabags and spoons and not replace them...

The only bin is in the bathroom, so you have to lean over the toilet to put a teabag in the bin which I feel is a little unhygienic.

The body towels in the bathroom are a little on the small side.

The heating in the bedroom could not be individually controlled. I found myself quite uncomfortable at night as it was too hot (and I wouldn't open the windows due to street noise).

There was quite a bit of movement in the corridor with people coming and going during the early hours of the morning.

One night the fire alarm sounded at 4am as someone was smoking in their room, this woke the whole hotel up. Reception were able to quickly identify which room the smoke was coming from, although if this is the case I don't see why it is necessary to wake the whole hotel up first! Unfortunately for me I had a full day's work ahead of me in one of the hotel's conference rooms, followed by a very long journey home.

The Reception staff were polite and friendly, unless a complaint was being made.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Sienna,

Thank you for your feedback. Our conference team was very pleased to see that you enjoyed our lunch offer. I have shared your feedback with housekeeping and reception teams. I am very sorry that you were awaken by fire alarm. May I take this opportunity to explain that as per fire procedures, fire alarm cannot be switched off until the reason of the activation has been investigated and it is certain that our guests and hotel team are safe.

Thank you again for your review. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Skelmersdale, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I stayed here overnight on a business trip.

Having booked and then read some of the truly awful reviews on TripAdvisor, I was a little wary and wishing I'd booked elsewhere.

However, although the room was basic, it was clean, had all the 'bits' you'd expect, and the bed was very comfortable. My room was overlooking Chinatown and having read about the noise issues previous travellers had experienced I purchased ear plugs but didn't need them and had a good night's sleep.

A decent, basic hotel in a very convenient location for the city centre.

1 Thank anu63
Joanna T, General Manager at Hotel ibis Birmingham Centre New Street, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear Anu,

Thank you for your feedback. I am very pleased to see that you found Ibis Birmingham Centre clean and comfortable. I am also glad to see that you found our accomodation suitable for business stay.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 March 2014

The hotel is right next to the bull ring, watch out when entering the car park it's a very small door under the hotel only just wide enough to fit your car.

The hotel is well placed for the brew dog and Wellington pub for real ale lovers. The staff are prompt and the hotel is clean enough, if a little tired looking under the surface. The night I was there every item of food I requested was off with the exception of a margarita pizza which was out of a box from (insert super market of your choice). The breakfast was great but the location at reception next to the room used for conferences could be better, but for £49 I'm not going to moan.

The location was nice and quiet and easy to find off the M6. it's the first time I've used Ibis but I would use this place again. Be aware it's not a hotel for anybody with kids, they don't do family rooms, go with premier inn if that's what you need.

1 Thank cuzeng
Joanna T, General Manager at Hotel ibis Birmingham Centre New Street, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I will gladly share your positive feedback with breakfast team and housekeeping department. May I take this opportunity to explain that we have limited number of family bedrooms in the hotel accommodating two adults and one child.

Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.