Hotel ibis Birmingham Centre New Street
US$102
US$85
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
ibis Styles Birmingham Centre(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$98
US$44
US$43
1,784 results
All reviewschinese quarterglee clubarcadian centrehippodrome theatrebull ringrooms are smallcentral locationnew streetbed was very comfortablenew st stationreception desktrain stationfew minutes walkshort stayone night staywould stay againbars and restaurants
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Joanna T, General Manager at Hotel ibis Birmingham Centre New Street, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

This is my second visit to the ibis, the location is central to most of the city only 5 mins from Bullring and located in the Chinese Quarter and close to the hippodrome.

The reception staff where very polite and rests of staff very friendly as well, the room was very clean not much room in the shower,

Breakfast was was ok, and a good selection to choose from,

Would recommend for a few nights stay over

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Michael,

I would like to thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am very pleased to see that you are our returning guest. Both reception and breakfast teams were very happy with your positive review and we are also pleased that you find our location convenient.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Room was very nice, asked the receptionist for another pillow as used the extra pillow that was in the room ( it never showed up).Sleep was a bit poor due to night life outside , breakfast had no cons

Room Tip: Top Floor , Not facing Arcadian
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Sir/Madam,

I would like to thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am very pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and liked the breakfast in the morning. I will share your comments in regards to the additional pillow requested. Please, let me apologise for the fact that it was not delivered to your room.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

Friends and I booked three twin rooms for our stay last night. The hotel is easy to find and conveniently located for shopping, and a short £5 taxi ride from Broad Street for night life. I couldn't get my people carrier into the underground car park but the multi storey nearby had parking at £16 for 24 hours. The rooms are small but comfortable however the free wifi wasn't working and I was kept awake until 5.30am by inconsiderate neighbours slamming doors and shouting. I wouldn't stay here again as I need my sleep, and a 2.5 hour drive home when very tired wasn't much fun.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank KayTeeTee

Dear KayTeeTee,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am very pleased to see that you enjoyed hotel location and cleanliness. At the same time, please accept my apologies for the fact that you experienced noise during the night. We have security on site every night as well as night receptionist available anytime in order to assist all our guests with any enquiries. I am sorry that despite these measures, we were not contacted and had no chance to rectify the issues with internal noise. I have now shared your feedback with night reception team. Once more, I am very sorry that you experienced noise issues.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

I can only give a brief review as we only stayed for one night visiting friends for a night out in Moseley.

The hotel is in a great location - It's right beside China Town and a few pubs, pretty much in the centre of town. Shopping, the theatre and train station are all a very short walk away. Easy to find in the car too.

We were greeted by very friendly staff within the nicely decorated reception/lobby area. The bar looks nice although we didn't get a drink there. Our room on the 3rd floor was pretty spacious with a comfy large bed. Big telly and tea and coffee were in the room. The bathroom was quite small but had a lovely walk-in shower with fluffy towels and plenty of shower gel to use.

We managed to get a space in the basement car park of the building. It seems pretty secure (although smelt like chips from the kitchens) and at £10 I thought it was reasonably priced. We were told we were able to leave the car there after we checked out the next day if we fancied a wander into the centre.

We arrive at the hotel at about 8pm and could hear the hustle and bustle outside starting to kick off. We didn't get back till the early hours and didn't think it was particularly noisy (although I may have not been in a particularly fit state to have noticed!)

In summary - good price, good location, would stay here again if visiting Birmingham.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank xena82

Dear Sir/Madam,

I would like to thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am very pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. Reception team was very happy with your lovely review of team helpfulness, standard of accommodation and location of our hotel.

We look forward to welcoming yuou back again soon.