I stayed here 3rd 4th may as a group of four. I say here twice a year as we travel over with my son for two villa games a year. Have always had no problem checking in for free early as I have a boy who's now only 5. I always email and let them know about early check in. This time I sent four emails and only on the fourth time I received a email saying I was now going to cost ten pound for early check in. Which I begrudgingly agreed to as I need to get d gear in d room makes the trip easier for us. When we arrived at the hotel I paid in cash and was pretty much told I need to pay a 50 pound deposit on top of the room cost and if I didn't I got the impression I cud go elsewhere. This 50 deposit was never mentioned in the little correspondence i recieved from yhe hotel. Eventually checked in only because one of our group did a pre authorised on credit card. Room was clean they are small enuf but the location is amazing so it does the job. We later came home and decided to go for a drink in d hotel bar. Which was a bad mistake. Bar menu was ok about 6 items but the bar had half the stock on d menu. Very expensive compared to any other bar in town. And the bar staff seemed well under trained and the minerals from the dispenser behind the counter were so flat it shows how busy the bar must get. Even a simple capt morgan and coke was hard as I had to show where the bottle was. Overall I'm EXTREMELY disappointed with my trip this time and as a returning customer for a number of years twice yearly I will NEVER return to this establishment again after our journey AVOID AVOID AVOID.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ibis Birmingham Centre New Street offers 159 contemporary bedrooms with air cooling in the heart of the lively Chinese quarter and adjacent to the Arcadian Centre with its various bars and nightclubs. The Chill Bar at the hotel serves snacks 24 hours per day. 3 min walk from the Birmingham central train station(New Street) and Bullring Shopping Centre. Close to the NIA, ICC and easily accessible by train from NEC. 5 conference rooms for up to 200 delegates. The hotel is easily accessible from the M1, M6 and M42 motorways. Limited Car parking spaces at Hotel and also nearby Public car park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Expedia, Lastminute, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel ibis Birmingham Centre New Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Birmingham City Centre Hotel Birmingham
- Accor Birmingham City Centre