“Never too far from my bed”

Hotel ibis Birmingham Centre New Street
Ranked #60 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Vietnamese first
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Had a very safe enjoyable stay. Beds comfortable and staff very knowledgeable about local area and best things to see and do that we wouldn't have known about. Thought the guide book in the room was very helpful too. Visit tne MarcoPierre building floor 25 in The Cube day and night for great views of the city.Will go again. More touristy than we expected and more to do than just the Bullring.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Joanna T, General Manager at Hotel ibis Birmingham Centre New Street, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear Kay,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your birthday stay with us. I have shared your positive review of our helpfulness with reception team.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Rugby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2014

My son and I stayed at the Ibis for one night (23/24 April 2014) in a twin bedded room with breakfast. The full cost of this was only £54.90, which for a city centre hotel with an excellent all you can eat breakfast, is real value for money.

On arrival, the reception staff couldn't be more helpful and the process was carried out very quickly. A plus point is the fact that you can book in from 1200 hrs. The room was very clean and tidy, although they are compact. That said both my son and I are over six feet tall and we managed very well, even though we are not used to single beds.

The catering at the hotel has certainly improved from our last visit in 2013. The breakfast area is clean light and spacious, and the choices should be enough for everyone. It is 'self-service' and the food was well presented and cooked, and staff were on hand to assist if needed. The choices include cooked items plus continental style, with a variety of drinks on offer.

We had no problems with noise either externally or internally and slept very well. This was on a weekday however, although I imagine it could get livelier at weekends. Overall a very good visit and I will have no hesitation in staying there again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I was very pleased that both you and your son enjoyed your stay with us. It is a pleasure to receive such a lovely review of team friendliness, hotel cleanliness and breakfast offer. I am glad that you have noted improvements since 2013.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

St Annes on Sea
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We stayed for one night. The room was clean and comfortable, with a large shower. We were at the back of the hotel, which we thought would make it a quiet room, however the noise from the clubs kept my travelling companion awake until 4.00a.m. That said, the location is ideal, about 10 minutes walk from New Street Station, 5 minutes from the Bull Ring shopping centre and Jamie Oliver's restaurant, the Glee Club and the Hippodrome, so for that reasons I'd stay there again.

The staff were very helpful and you could leave your suitcase free on the day of arrival if your room isn't available, with only a £2 charge on your day of departure.

If you want a central location at a reasonable price, I'd recommend you stay here.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Joanna T, General Manager at Hotel ibis Birmingham Centre New Street, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear Lorraine,

We are very pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am very happy to see your positive review of team friendliness, comfort and cleanliness of the bedroom and hotel location.
I do apologise for the noise that you encountered. I would like to assure you that we are in very close contact with the local clubs and we are trying our best to solve the issues. I am glad to see that the nightlife of Arcadian Centre would not stop you from stayign with us again. If you would like to book with us again, please phone ahead and ask for a room away from the nightclubs.

Joana
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed here 3rd 4th may as a group of four. I say here twice a year as we travel over with my son for two villa games a year. Have always had no problem checking in for free early as I have a boy who's now only 5. I always email and let them know about early check in. This time I sent four emails and only on the fourth time I received a email saying I was now going to cost ten pound for early check in. Which I begrudgingly agreed to as I need to get d gear in d room makes the trip easier for us. When we arrived at the hotel I paid in cash and was pretty much told I need to pay a 50 pound deposit on top of the room cost and if I didn't I got the impression I cud go elsewhere. This 50 deposit was never mentioned in the little correspondence i recieved from yhe hotel. Eventually checked in only because one of our group did a pre authorised on credit card.  Room was clean they are small enuf but the location is amazing so it does the job. We later came home and decided to go for a drink in d hotel bar. Which was a bad mistake. Bar menu was ok about 6 items but the bar had half the stock on d menu. Very expensive compared to any other bar in town. And the bar staff seemed well under trained and the minerals from the dispenser behind the counter were so flat it shows how busy the bar must get. Even a simple capt morgan and coke was hard as I had to show where the bottle was. Overall I'm EXTREMELY disappointed with my trip this time and as a returning customer for a number of years twice yearly I will NEVER return to this establishment again after our journey AVOID AVOID AVOID.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Dave,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am sorry that your last stay with us did not meet your expectations. Please, let me explain that the early check-in and late check-out charges have been implemented a few weeks ago in line with the practices applied by our competitive hotels. Fully refundable deposit is only taken with payment for the room by cash. I am glad to see that the pre-authorisation was more convenient alternative for you. A thorough search was done on reception e-mails and only one e-mail was located from you received on 27th April at 18:50 with reply sent by receptionist 20 minutes later at 19:10. I do apologise in case you sent e-mail previously which was not dealt with by our team. Lastly, I am sorry that our drinks selection did not meet your expectations. I have noted all your comments and would like to thank you again for sharing them with us.

Joanna

Travellers are raving about these Birmingham hotels

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Quality living up to ibis standard, good clean, friendly staff and close to the central station which was reason for me to book this. Be aware that some of the rooms are facing an entertainment complex on one side of the building, so make sure not to get a room to that side.....unless you are a party goer yourself :-)

Room Tip: Get a room on the right side of the building, not facing entertainment complex