My stay at the Ibis in Birmingham was a stop over on part of a 200km charity run i doing. I arrived around 8pm after running for almost 12 hours, tired, wet from the rain and of cause very, very smelly!! The staff at reception were welcoming and helpful when i arrived. The rooms very clean (albeit slightly small, but for i solo traveler they we absolutely fine), and the beds were comfy. In the evening I went for a meal and some drinks outside the hotel with some friends. When I returned with them (to show them photos, gifts and things to do with the next days run) I was told very rudely by the receptionist that under no circumstances were my friends allowed anywhere but the lobby. I felt this was a bit unnecessary seeing as it was not late and they would not have been there for long.
In the morning when i checked out, i decided to have breakfast in the hotel I had around 15 minutes before the breakfast would be finish being served so plenty of time to get stocked up on food for the days running. When entering the breakfast room, I was slightly disappointed. The buffet was obviously well stocked at the start of the morning but 15 minutes from the end there was only a few apples left for fruit, 1 yogurt, not milk and the hot breakfast was not really hot any more, and looked like it had been sitting there all morning.
I would say if you are going to stay here as a solo traveler and not eat there then the hotel is great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ibis Birmingham Centre New Street offers 159 contemporary bedrooms with air cooling in the heart of the lively Chinese quarter and adjacent to the Arcadian Centre with its various bars and nightclubs. The Chill Bar at the hotel serves snacks 24 hours per day. 3 min walk from the Birmingham central train station(New Street) and Bullring Shopping Centre. Close to the NIA, ICC and easily accessible by train from NEC. 5 conference rooms for up to 200 delegates. The hotel is easily accessible from the M1, M6 and M42 motorways. Limited Car parking spaces at Hotel and also nearby Public car park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Priceline, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel ibis Birmingham Centre New Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Birmingham City Centre Hotel Birmingham
- Accor Birmingham City Centre