“Convenient, comfy, small rooms, great breakfast!”

Hotel ibis Birmingham Centre New Street
Ranked #57 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
Bolton, United Kingdom
“Convenient, comfy, small rooms, great breakfast!”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Random last minute night out in Birmingham and this was the best hotel that was reasonably priced, and what a difference.

The reception and entrance has been refurbed and wow, what a difference, then sadly you go upstairs. The corridors are still in need of some work.

In the rooms, very small, strange smell in the toilet and very warm, however, the new beds are a vast improvement and offer a decent nights sleep.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Joanna T, General Manager at Hotel ibis Birmingham Centre New Street, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear Ian,

Thank you for your review. I am very pleased to see that you appreciate the design of our neewly decorated lobby, bar, restaurant and reception. I am also glad to see that you find our Sweet Bed by Ibis comfortable. I have noted your comments about the corridors.

We hope to welcome you abck again soon.

Joanna

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Vietnamese first
Kitzbuhel, Austria
Reviewed 21 May 2014

My stay at the Ibis in Birmingham was a stop over on part of a 200km charity run i doing. I arrived around 8pm after running for almost 12 hours, tired, wet from the rain and of cause very, very smelly!! The staff at reception were welcoming and helpful when i arrived. The rooms very clean (albeit slightly small, but for i solo traveler they we absolutely fine), and the beds were comfy. In the evening I went for a meal and some drinks outside the hotel with some friends. When I returned with them (to show them photos, gifts and things to do with the next days run) I was told very rudely by the receptionist that under no circumstances were my friends allowed anywhere but the lobby. I felt this was a bit unnecessary seeing as it was not late and they would not have been there for long.

In the morning when i checked out, i decided to have breakfast in the hotel I had around 15 minutes before the breakfast would be finish being served so plenty of time to get stocked up on food for the days running. When entering the breakfast room, I was slightly disappointed. The buffet was obviously well stocked at the start of the morning but 15 minutes from the end there was only a few apples left for fruit, 1 yogurt, not milk and the hot breakfast was not really hot any more, and looked like it had been sitting there all morning.

I would say if you are going to stay here as a solo traveler and not eat there then the hotel is great.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your comments. I am pleased that in overall you had enjoyable stay with us. Please, may I take this opportunity to explain that due to hotel regulations we cannot allow more than two adults in the double room at any time. I am sorry that you feel it was not communicated to you in polite manner and I will be sure to share your feedback with the team. I have also shared your comments with the breakfast team. The food temperatures- both hot and cold are checked on a regular basis and I am sorry to hear that you felt that quality of breakfast fell below your expectations.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Grantham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I stayed one night this week and found the hotel to be basic but adequate.
The room was quiet and the bed comfy.
Breakfast was good.
Dinner service was very slow, only had half the stuff on the menu and it took well over an hour to be served soup, sandwich and dessert - need to sort this out as the eating area (in the lobby) was nearly deserted so business was not the reason.
Good location for the station.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Susie,

Thank you for your comments. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and liked the breakfast offer. At the same time, I am sorry to hear about the restaurant services issues. This will be looked into.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Excellent staff on reception so the first impression is very good. Rooms are small, but have everything you'd need. Super-comfortable beds. I didn't avail of the breakfast on offer, but it smelled good as I was checking out.
The hotel is a short walk from the station, shopping, numerous restaurants and the gay quarter. I would definitely recommend this hotel and have returned a number of times myself.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Dear Sir,

I would like to thank you for sharing your review with us. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate very much such lovely feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Had a very safe enjoyable stay. Beds comfortable and staff very knowledgeable about local area and best things to see and do that we wouldn't have known about. Thought the guide book in the room was very helpful too. Visit tne MarcoPierre building floor 25 in The Cube day and night for great views of the city.Will go again. More touristy than we expected and more to do than just the Bullring.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Joanna T, General Manager at Hotel ibis Birmingham Centre New Street, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear Kay,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your birthday stay with us. I have shared your positive review of our helpfulness with reception team.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.