Ok it was cheap - just over £28 for a night in the 40% off sale but I have stayed in a number of hotels in Birmingham and this has to have been the worst. I arrived at 7.50pm and had to wait over 10 minutes to check in. I was given room 213 (a non smoking room) but for the first time ever had to return to reception and asked to be moved as It was noisy, the carpet none too clean and it absolutely stunk of stale smoke. I was moved straight away to room 224 which didn't smell, was quieter - apart from noisy other guests nearby and the carpet was a bit cleaner! I know you pay for what you get but even so there does seem to be a lack of care - the phone in the room didn't work, the air conditioning stopped working, the shower went from cool to scalding and the drain in the sink was very slow to clear.
I don't want to sound a moaner but I will pay more in future and stay elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ibis Birmingham Bordesley Circus, easily accessible from the M6, M1 and M42 motorways, is 5 min by car from the National Indoor Arena, the International Convention Centre, the Symphony Hall and New Street train station. Close to the biggest StarCity in Europe, 5 min on foot from Birmingham football club, it has 87 air conditioned rooms with international channels, internet access. It also has a restaurant, a bar serving snacks 24 hours 7 days, free parking and wireless Internet connection for business guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Lastminute and Priceline so you can book your Ibis Birmingham Bordesley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Birmingham Bordesley Hotel Birmingham
- Accor Birmingham Bordesley