I tend to give my ratings taking into account the price paid and how the hotel is marketed. This is a hotel on the outskirts of Birmingham where you get to stay for approximately £40/night. For that price, I do not expect a spa or 5 star hotel amenities!
What I did get for my £40 was a comfortable and squeaky clean room. I emailed ahead of time to ask a few questions and they were answered promptly and cheerfully by Damien. Getting to the hotel isn't that easy on foot (I was coming from New Street station) so would suggest a taxi if you don't know the area. My welcome at reception was warm and the friendliness continued with the chatty guy in the lift who was repairing a sign.
My room was basic but had everything I needed. It was spotless with a little pod bathroom making great use of space-the shower was particularly spacious. A kind of universal cleaning gel was provided for the sink and shower. I loved showering there: great power! My bed was comfortable (would have preferred a top sheet though) and liked the free and fast wifi. The TV had basic channels but enough to amuse me for the night.
No mini fridge but tea and coffee making facilities. When I went downstairs to ask for a few more tea bags and milks, the lovely guy on reception gave me lots so I was extremely content! They also helpfully booked a taxi for me the next morning which was bang on time/early.
Minor complaint: hairdryers are not provided in rooms but are meant to be available at reception. They were all gone when I tried to get one on a Sunday evening. Not ideal! Had to go to my job interview with slept-in hair. Not part of my initial master plan. I really think they need to invest in a few more.
-no irons in the room but there's an ironing room on level 2
-there is no room service but you can get a (limited) range of meals downstairs and are free to take them away with you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel had a full transformation and is now 100% renovated, from cosy bedrooms with the latest technology gadgets, free fiber Wi-Fi, power showers & the"sweet bed by Ibis". The Restaurant & Bar is a great place to unwind & relax, enjoy our food and drinks 24/7. The location is just perfect, within five minutes' walk of Birmingham Football Club and a short distance from Bullring Shopping Centre and New Street Station. If you don't like walking, take a bus (17/60) or a short taxi ride to the hotel. Birmingham Centre is all about Culture, Concerts & Fun, with the Custard Factory, Barclaycard Arena, Symphony Hall, ICC, O2 Academy, Birmingham Library and the Mailbox. Birmingham Airport, NEC, Genting Arena & Resort World is only 7 miles away. The hotel is perfectly located for Birmingham city centre and is close to the M6 motorway and all major road links. The hotel also offers free car park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Lastminute, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Ibis Birmingham Bordesley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Birmingham Bordesley Hotel Birmingham
- Accor Birmingham Bordesley