“Excellent”

Ibis Birmingham Bordesley
Ranked #74 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Bewdley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This was the first time my husband had stayed at an Ibis hotel and we were pleasantly surprised. The staff were friendly and informative and our room although basic was clean and the bed was very comfy. The only negative that I have was that one of the curtains had come away from the rail and there was a small hole in another one. Would definitely stay at an Ibis hotel again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Marc L, General Manager at Ibis Birmingham Bordesley, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thank you for your kind comments, I am glad my team made your stay enjoyable. We can assure you that the matter is being looked into regarding the curtains and will be dealt with accordingly.

london
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Had a great stay here. Great staff and clean rooms. Location is great and for the price u really cant go wrong. 8 out of 10 for sure.. would definily stay again. Didnt have breakfast but with mc ds being 24hrs next door, it wasnt a biggie. Being a fussy person wen stayin away from home, i can garauntee its lovely n u wont b dissappointed

• Stayed June 2014

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Staff were friendly & helpful. Great size room that was Clean, Comfortable & with Adequate facilities, especially the best shower I have ever had in any hotel I have stayed in.

A limited Dinner menu in the restaurant but the food was well cooked and plentiful.

Only downside was when the sun shines through the huge windows in the restaurant you are blinded without escape, as there are no blinds to pull to shade you which, will be even worse 'if' we get the summer we are all hoping for.

On the whole though I liked this Hotel very much and considered it very good value for money.

Room Tip: If you like to sleep with the window slightly open, as I do, request a room on the back of the Hotel...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Marc L, General Manager at Ibis Birmingham Bordesley, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I have been coming to this Ibis for years. Happened to visit for a last minute business trip and arrived early hours of the morning(around 2am), some 1 month back, I thought give a week day I wouldn't have problem booking at the reception, was met at the door by a security guard who was totally hammered you could smell his alcohol breath a mile away,went in asked to speak to the staff(who infact was in the office), I told the security chap I have been coming to this IBIS for years and just wanted to stay the night, he asked the staff who to my shock and utter disgust refused to come to reception and speak to a customer(bravo! for customer services and that to someone who has been a regular for years!!!).

Anyways to cut the story short i was told that there is a room available but I cannot book at the reception and have to go online to book it...MADNESS!!!!

Plus just read one of the replies that some points were put on their hotel card from this hotel's manager...this is a shocker for me!As Over the last 7/8 years I have been coming to this hotel I have asked several times for the reception to put points on my card and in return they say you have to contact the number in France for that....what double standards!!!Means I have lost out on getting points for all those trips I have made

Disgusted customer
Anonymous

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Shahzada J
Marc L, General Manager at Ibis Birmingham Bordesley, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
I am really sorry to hear that your stay was not up to expectations. I would like to discuss this with you in person to clarify the issues raised. Please could you contact me on 0121 5062600 or marc.lock@accor.com
Kind Regards