“Stay at ibis bordesley”

Ibis Birmingham Bordesley
Ranked #70 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 27 July 2014

It was my first trip to birmingham and stay at ibis bordesley was suppose to special for me. and it was good and cozy and little quit which I liked. Food was ok and ambiance was good. staff were friendly.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ibis Hotels
Marc L, General Manager at Ibis Birmingham Bordesley, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Thanks for your review. I am glad you had a good stay with us. See you on your next trip hopefully!

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Me and my husband are gold customers of the Accor hotels group and stay at an Ibis every weekend without fail and have been for over 3 years. However on Saturday 19th July 2014 we went to check in as usual and were slandered by Lelde bagada who told us we had booked a day room and there was nothing we could do to be able to check in at the booked rate. My husband and I calmly tried to explain that we have been doing this for over 3 years every weekend without fail. She started rolling her eyes, huffing and puffing and sniggering. She was the rudest human being I have ever come across. In the end we decided to stay at the Holiday inn and will continue to do so as long as she is there. Alexander and Virginia are the most amazing staff and an asset to your business however Lelde bagada is a disgusting person and we will not be staying at ibis ever again!

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank TanyMehreen

I am sorry that on this occasion that you were disappointed with your experience. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and I am currently investigating this matter. Please feel free to contact me on 0121 5062600 to discuss this further.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Stayed here with my daughter for 2 nights.
Overall it was good value for money. Breakfast was pretty good as were the nachos we had as an evening snack. Free wifi was a bonus.
However, the flickering light we reported on the first evening was never fixed and the eastern European lady on reception seriously needs some customer service training.
Also don't buy chocolate from the bar - I paid £1.50 for one small snickers bar...

Room Tip: Get a room at the back it will be quieter. Though the windows do cut out a lot of road noise.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Marc L, General Manager at Ibis Birmingham Bordesley, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to Ibis Birmingham Bordesley. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we have noted your comments about the encounter you had with one of my team, and the lights in the room As discussed when conversing directly, I am treating this incident with the upmost seriousness and will action accordingly. I thank you once again for bringing this to my attention
Kind regards

Reviewed 30 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ibis Hotels

Reviewed 25 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Marc L, General Manager at Ibis Birmingham Bordesley, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Reviewed 23 June 2014

This was the first time my husband had stayed at an Ibis hotel and we were pleasantly surprised. The staff were friendly and informative and our room although basic was clean and the bed was very comfy. The only negative that I have was that one of the curtains had come away from the rail and there was a small hole in another one. Would definitely stay at an Ibis hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your kind comments, I am glad my team made your stay enjoyable. We can assure you that the matter is being looked into regarding the curtains and will be dealt with accordingly.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Had a great stay here. Great staff and clean rooms. Location is great and for the price u really cant go wrong. 8 out of 10 for sure.. would definily stay again. Didnt have breakfast but with mc ds being 24hrs next door, it wasnt a biggie. Being a fussy person wen stayin away from home, i can garauntee its lovely n u wont b dissappointed

• Stayed: June 2014