“Good clean hotel, good value.”

Ibis Birmingham Bordesley
Ranked #69 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Just stayed at this hotel for two nights. Price was great and not too far from the city centre. (Although staff should have more knowledge of bus numbers for nearby). Staff were helpful and friendly and the bus stuff was my only complaint. Really enjoyed my stay. I went for my friends' wedding and it was a lovely trip thanks to this hotel. Thank you!

• Stayed: August 2014
Marc L, General Manager at Ibis Birmingham Bordesley, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit. I look forward to seeing you again in the near future, and I will ensure re fresher training is complete to all my team regarding the local bus times and routes
Kind regards,

There are newer reviews for Ibis Birmingham Bordesley

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Small room, uncomfortable beds. Shower that leaked everywhere, plug that did not fit. Fan set to churn out hot air on a hot sunny day. Most unpleasant hotel I have stayed in. Staff were indifferent and not particularly friendly or helpful. General area was good and plenty of car parking space.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

I am really sorry to hear that your stay was not up to expectations. I would like to discuss this with you in person. Please could you contact me on 0121 506 2600.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Located not far from city centre.

Also handy for Birmingham city stadium St.Andrew's

At the price can't complain,decent standard budget
hotel.
Free on site parking,Also Bar & Restaurant

Decent free Wi-Fi connection

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Thanks for your review. I am glad you had a good stay with us. See you on your next trip hopefully!
Kindest Regards

Reviewed 3 August 2014

I could find no faults with the room, it was clean and well presented. The bathroom was tidy and hygienic, except the shower was tricky to handle. You could never really get the temperature right, which is quite a pain when it comes out extremely hot.
The staff were very friendly and helpful, they happily ordered us taxis and helped us out.
I remember there being a little bit of noise one of the nights and the heat was a little too much, but it was all quite bearable and didn't spoil the stay.

Room Tip: Preferable not one at the front of the hotel, since there is a main road.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Marc L, Manager at Ibis Birmingham Bordesley, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Kind Regards

Reviewed 1 August 2014

You can't knock this hotel too much. It wasn't great but it did the trick.
Rooms were pretty cheap so can't complain. However, after being told there was air con we found this out not to be true. The 'air con' only blew out hot air. Windows didn't open far for safety reason so it was extremely hot. It wouldn't have been too bad if the hotel had just provided a fan.
Shower was spacious and was really looking for to using it. However, after finally finding a suitable temperature, it kept switching between scaldingly hot and freezing cold. And I mean freezing!
The sink in our bathroom was terrible. I ran some cool water to swill my face in an attempt to cool down and the sink filled up quickly and took about an hour to drain. After it had, we took the plug out to find the plughole completely blocked up with grey hair. Ew.
Can really find no other issues with this hotel though. Told the cleaners we didn't really require our room cleaning but could do with fresh towels and they were issued immediately.
McDonald's next door and short 10 minute walk to the Bullring.
Area in itself wasn't great. A cat got ran over and died on the side of the road, only to rot there for three days. It still hadn't been removed when we left. To get to the hotel on foot you have to cross at three places at a roundabout. Drivers are unapologetic there. I came the closest I ever have in my life to getting run over.
However, these last two points weren't anything to do with the hotel, just trying to give a more general feel of the place.

1  Thank liara j

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to ibis Birmingham Bordesley. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we have noted your comments about the shower and the air cooling, which we are addressing
Kind regards

Reviewed 31 July 2014

I stayed at this Ibis whilst on business in Birmingham for a few nights this week. I stay in a lot of hotels through my work, but this one dubiously gets the award of having the worst nights sleep of any I’ve stayed in so far.

The rooms were absolutely stifling hot. Crazy warm. I had a twin room on the ground floor and not once did it get to a sensible temperature. Efforts to get the over the door blower to work resulted in it seemingly blowing more hot air into the room.

There was simply not effort by the staff to control guest noise. There were people loudly shouting in corridors and shouting from the car park into rooms all night. And I mean all night, it carried on through every hour that I was attempting to get to sleep. This was consistent through both the 1st and 2nd night we stayed. I complained to the staff member on the desk in the morning who quite simply didn’t care, said they heard nothing. My colleague staying on the 2nd floor could hear it all going on and it kept them awake too!

The shower in our room had 3 settings. Burning hot, freeing cold and ’shuffle’; where it would alternate between scalding and freezing every 10 seconds.

On Monday night I also had another room booked for a member of my party. She ate at the hotel restaurant, where she was served cold food. She complained at the time. When I came to clear the bill in the morning when I cleared the room bill the guy on the desk refused to remove the cold food from the bill as it hadn’t been listed in his book.

Finally the racetrack of a road outside the hotel was really bad - people racing cars around the roads at all hours. Not really the hotels fault, but also contributed to a poor nights sleep - if it’s noisy outside the least you can do is provided air conditioning so that guests don’t need to open the windows!

The hotel itself is a typically rebranded affair, it’s an old hotel that’s been given a lick of paint and rooms have a plastic ‘cove’ in the corner which contains the bathroom. The room was clean enough for a budget hotel, and it had convenient free parking outside, but with all the listed problems I definitely wouldn’t stay there again!

Room Tip: If you have to stay here, maybe a room at the back would help? Don't expect a good nights sleep...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank garyBS

I am really sorry to hear that your stay was not up to expectations and I thank you again for bringing these difficulties to my attention. As conversed during our e-mail exchanges, please feel free to contact to discuss this further
Kind regards

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Stayed for a night before an early flight at BMA.

Bed very comfy, shower excellent, no noise from outside.

Checked-Out too early for breakfast so cannot comment.

Would definitely stay here again if overnight stay in Birmingham required

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Marc L, General Manager at Ibis Birmingham Bordesley, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Kindest Regards