All reviews football ground city centre busy roundabout free car park ibis birmingham good nights sleep enjoyed my stay would stay again saturday night comfy bed stayed one night short stay taxi bullring nec
Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

Only spent the one night here, as a stopover for Business. It was very welcoming, clean and comfortable place to stay. If you are looking for a very reasonably priced accommodation, just outside of the City Centre, then this Ibis will certainly "fit the bill". A quick Taxi ride away and you're in the heart of the City.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Carlos V, General Manager at Ibis Birmingham Bordesley, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Dear Sir,

Thank you for kindly taking the time to share your comments with us, following your recent stay at our hotel.

I was pleased to read that you had enjoyed your stay. We welcome all feedback that we receive from our guests, including positive comments which help us to recognise and reinforce excellent service within the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 4 June 2018

poor service, totally unorganized, bland microwave over priced food
There appeared to be no management in site. Bar prices very high. On a positive, rooms have been refurbished, but still very basic. It is what it is. A budget hotel. It's just a pity that food and drink prices are not budget based on the quality being offered

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Carlos V, General Manager at Ibis Birmingham Bordesley, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2018

Dear Mr Muller,

Thank you for kindly taking the time to share your comments with us, but I was sorry to learn that your stay on this occasion fell short of your expectations and I apologise for any discomfort or inconvenience caused.

I investigated your comments with the manager on duty and she was not aware that you were not satisfied with your stay. For your comfort in the future, please be assured that our reception desk is attended 24 hours a day. Should you need assistance at any time, we will do our best to help. I am certain that had you raised your concerns at the time, we would have been able to offer you a solution.

We welcome all feedback that we receive from our guests and will endeavour to use such feedback constructively. Feedback such as yours that highlights areas where we could be doing better is particularly useful and we are grateful for you time in sharing your experience with us.

Reviewed 30 May 2018

Issue with first room but reception team quickly rectified and changed to another room. This was better but had a strange smell, can't quite think what it was but other than that the room was very clean and comfortable.
Issue with the housekeeping team knocking my door on the first morning even though I had the do not disturb sign on the door but the lady was very pleasant and a delight to chat to, total contrast to the extremely rude housekeeping lady on the second day ordering me out of my room at 12.15, telling me I should have been out by 12.00, even though I had reserved a late checkout of 17.00. Short trip to reception rectified the situation but that lady was one of the rudest staff members I've ever met. Reception apologised profusely for her conduct but I believe some extra training wouldn't go amiss and for her to learn some manners.
The rest of the staff were exemplary and the free parking was an added bonus.

Room Tip: Quieter rooms at rear of hotel away from the road. Air cooling units can be noisy.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Deano2018uk
Carlos V, General Manager at Ibis Birmingham Bordesley, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments sent via TripAdvisor website, concerning your stay at ibis Birmingham Bordesley. I was sorry to learn that you experienced some issues during your stay and I would like to apologise for any discomfort or inconvenience caused.

I am investigating the matter with the Housekeeping manager. Please be assured that this matter is not a true reflection of the high standards upon which our hotel prides itself.

Thank you once again for your feedback, which is invaluable in our efforts to assess and continually improve upon the quality of our service. It is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

The Ibis Bordesley is a twenty minute walk from the main train station of Birmingham and 10 minutes from the bus station. It is well priced, clean, comfortable and well presented. It is five minutes walk from Saint Andrews, Birmingham City Football Clubs home ground. The staff are very helpful and friendly.i would recommend staying here.

Stayed: May 2018
1  Thank FrequentFlier756853

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review of your stay at the ibis Birmingham Bordesley Birmingham Centre. We greatly appreciate that you took the time to write them, as our guestsʼ satisfaction is our main priority.

We are delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us- I will share your feedback with the team.

Thank you again for your kind words and we look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you again.

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Stayed Over the weekend! It was good value for money. The staff were friendly the room comfortable and spotless! Free car parking and an excellent breakfast buffet! Heaven!! Just on the A45 with an easy drive from the airport.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback - delighted you had an enjoyable stay with us.

I will certainly pass on your comments to my team. I know they will be delighted to learn that their efforts have been appreciated and remembered. We welcome all feedback that we receive from our guests, including positive comments which help us to recognise and reinforce excellent service within the team.

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest. We hope to see you again soon at ibis Birmingham Bordesley.