“anniversary celebration”

Ranked #43 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
worcestershire
“anniversary celebration”
Reviewed 30 August 2012

We had our Ruby anniversary celebration at tht Westmead Hotel, Hopwood on Sunday 26th August 2012. 25 guests enjoyed a private room, superb three course meal, and 100% excellent service.
The whole event was totally faultless and the staff and management at the Westmead went out of there way to make our special day first class and forever memorable.
Well done the Westmead and thank you.

Room Tip: Book the Bromsgrove \Suite for smaller special events
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Dudley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2012

Nice hotel, friendly staff, we were there for a wedding reception, buffet food not the best, hard pastry case on quiche type things, dry chicken on sticks, expensive drinks (which wasn't a surprise), lovely large beds & comfy, nice size rooms, as for breakfast I left starving, 2 rashers of undercooked very salty bacon, a skinny little sausage, a scoop of beans, cold mushrooms, didn't have a fried egg so can't comment on them, I took one bit of the sausage & bacon & just pushed my plate away, disgusting & very expensive (£10), would attend a wedding again but go elsewhere for food

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank VikiMickS
Bristol
Reviewed 19 August 2012

I've lived out of hotels for the last 2 months and what a pleasure The Westmead was.

I was checked in by Ellie, who had the most warm, welcoming smile and who's professionalism would not be out of place in any top rate London hotel i've stayed in.
I was given full details on the breakfast and dinner, free wifi access and the swipe to my room.
10/10

My room was large with a kingsize bed, nice size lcd TV and complimentary tea, coffee and biscuits. The room was well equipped with iron/ironing board, safe, kettle, and the bed was comfy.
10/10

I chose the steak for dinner which came with lovely big chips. I'd been working for 12 hours so I wanted something substantial. It was cooked excellently. There's lots of choice on the menu and a great selection of fresh veg sides if you want to be healthy. They even sell Staropramen lager which can be quite hard to find even in normal pubs.
10/10

I think what most impressed me was the dedication they had to making the customer happy. I had to set off the next morning before breakfast officially opened. The manager (I didn't catch his name) went out of his way to ensure I could have a cooked sandwich on the go and that it would be ready in time for my taxi which was kindly booked by Ellie.
11/10

All in all it was a fantastic stay (although as i'm travelling alone a bit boring - but that's not Westmeads fault!) and it's an example in how customer service should be done.

Would recommend any day.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Stockport
Reviewed 13 August 2012 via mobile

Took advantage of the £99 family Cadbury World b&b offer and were not disappointed. Ellie on reception checked us in very efficiently and even checked in a very quiet voice whether the chocolate trip was a surprise for our daughter to make sure she didn't spoil anything we'd planned! We were upgraded to room 30, a suite, which resulted in a massive bed for us and great double sofa bed for our daughter, together with a goody bag of Cadbury chocolate which we all appreciated! Despite a wedding reception being held, our bar food arrived quickly and we faced big portion sizes of good quality freshly prepared food. Reasonable prices for food and drink and the bar area is large with plenty of seating and we found it a very pleasant spot to keep up with the Olympics on the tv there. Our bedroom was on the front of the hotel so we did get quite a bit of traffic noise through the night - so maybe check/ specify a room on the side/ back if you are a light sleeper - but we were still happy for the upgrade. I thought the buffet style breakfast and choice of cooked food was fine, however my husband felt the semi buffet style i.e. waitress serving the food from behind the grill a little off putting and restricted what you chose, together with no indication of whether a choice of eggs was offered e.g. Scrambled, poached, bolied etc. Just ask the staff though and they will arrange it. On check out Ellie provided printed directions to Cadbury World whcih was another nice
touch. All in all a good stay, very convenient for Cadbuepry World and we'd stay again.

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2012

I have been visiting the Westmead for a couple of years as a business destination. The rooms are reasonably well appointed for the money (corporate rate seems to be about £60), large comfortable beds good bathrooms, but the rooms at the back suffer from early morning delivery traffic noise. The public and bed rooms are pooly ventilated, standard bedrooms lack air con and although it exists in the dining room it never seems to be turned on. All the staff are friendly and many new were apparent this time. The bar menu is quite good, breakfast good, beer ok but the a la carte in the evening is in my opinion expensive, potatoes and vegetables add £5.00 to meals already priced at £14+, it was certainly beyond my works budget for two courses. Plenty of parking though and a pub a few hundred yards away. In common with other reviewers I struggled with the WIFI suffering password problems and poor signal, nothing in my room (44), disappointing these days when it is a free feature.

Room Tip: Try for the front to avoid delivery traffic noise.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Uxbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 August 2012

The Westmead is a nice hotel, well maintained. I struggled to get wifi signal on my iPhone but perhaps that was the specific room. It was fine on my laptop. The price was reasonable, the room I booked was a double and pretty spacious, flat screen tv, nice shower and complimentary shower gel etc. Plenty of parking and not too far for the city centre. Close to motorway network. I stay there as its a quieter location

• Stayed August 2012
Reviewed 29 July 2012 via mobile

I stayed here while on a trip with work and can honestly say I was very impressed with the hotel, the check in staff were very friendly and helpful and the rooms were amazing (especially with the king size bed) the breakfast was superb and had a massive selection.....My only complaint about this hotel was the fire alarm going off at 2.30 a.m. and we all had to get out and were told it's a problem with the alarm when the corridors get too hot (only for another guest to say the exact same thing happened the week before) and them to be offered a complimentary coffee (ok I'm being a little petty but I didn't see how a coffee would help when I needed sleep as I had to be up at 6 a.m.) BUT.... Aside from that This hotel was EXCELLENT and for the sake of what was an unfortunate event with the fire alarm (which needs to be addressed) I WOULD definately stay here again and recommend it !!

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Dezza88
Also consider these accommodations in or near Birmingham
Hillscourt
Ladywood
Nitenite Birmingham
Nitenite Birmingham
#65 of 117 in Birmingham

Been to Westmead Hotel? Share your experiences!