“An Excellent Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #39 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
Tintwistle, United Kingdom
“An Excellent Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

An excellent medium size hotel with very good facilities. first class food and dinning in a comfortable room. Bar meals and room service at a very good standard. Breakfast to order with attentive staff. Very good lounge area, bright, clean and comfortable.

Rooms need slight refurbishment but comfortable and very clean, an excellent bathroom with both a bath and a shower facility - no shortage of hot water.

Very large and agreeable bed with spotless linen. Plenty of work and seating area plus a large screen many channel TV/Radio. Free wifi throughout the hotel of good capacity.

Excellent building and plenty of secure car parking.

In this area I generaly stay elsewhere on business - that will change - I like this hotel and it's staff and will return again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ChefJDD

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Dunstable, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

I recently stayed for the first time at the Westmead Hotel. It was a business trip but the hotel was great! My room was spacious and the standard of the furnishings, equipment and cleanliness was excellent. The bed was very comfortable and the bed linen immaculate. The restaurant food was well cooked and presented and of high quality. The choice and variety for both breakfast and dinner was more than sufficient for all tastes. Most importantly the service provided was exemplary and all members of staff were polite, courteous and helpful and helped make my stay thoroughly enjoyable. Finally the personal interest, control and care by the owner were evident in all aspects of the operation and service provided by this excellent hotel. I look forward to my next stay whenever in the area.

Room Tip: All rooms seem to be equally good.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

We had our wedding at the Westmead and my wife decided it would be good to have her 50th birthday celebration there. The owner Ben and his team worked hard with us to create a package to meet our budget. We went in the afternoon and I bought my wife an afternoon tea. This was very good and the staff are really friendly. I upgraded our room to a suite as a treat for my wife but I would say the standard rooms that other members of our family stayed in are very comfortable and the beds are massive. The night went off well and the staff again introduced themselves and were helpful throughout the night. The house DJ is pretty good. We had his email address before the night from the hotel and sent him a playlist to suit our preferences. He did a great job.. Food was good. Good breakfast which was included in the room price.

Stayed February 2014
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at the hotel to attend my Niece's wedding. It was a lovely stay but unfortunately only for one night. The room was perfect and I liked the attention to small details (upmarket teas/biscuits and shampoo/shower gel etc). Staff very friendly and the owner very hands on and always made time to chat. Needless to say, the wedding (at the hotel) was perfect in every aspect.Perfect place to catch up with family and extended family before heading off back to Thailand.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank steven t
Swindon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

I recently stayed here again on business and yet again I had a first class experience. The rooms are clean, tidy and warm.
The restaurant is relaxed but the attention to detail is not. I can highly recommend any of their vegetarian dishes, this time I had the Porcini Risotto and it did not disappoint.
The staff throughout the hotel are very friendly but not hanging all over you like in some of the hotel chains nearby.
I love staying here, it is like a home away from home.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

We went for lunch on Mothers Day with my son, daughter in law and grandchildren and as usual the staff were excellent and so was the food. They are brilliant with children and so accommodating and helpful. I'm looking forward to my next visit!

• Stayed March 2014
Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 nights whilst away for work. What a lovely location and a very nice, clean hotel. On my first night I was very disappointed though ( this however has no effect on me recommending this hotel as on my 2nd and 3rd night the service was so exceptional I would not hesitate to stay here again) on my first evening here, the lady on reception was very unhelpful, she literally just gave me my key and room no. And offered no other information.. I had to ask! The service in both the restaurant and lounge was terrible, it took someone 20minutes to come and get a drinks order from me!! And it was not overly busy. (Moan over) however on the 2nd and 3rd day both the reception, bar and restaurant staff were different to the 1st night and their service was exceptional! They were attentive, friendly and chatty and just generally lovely people. So thank you to the gents and ladies that made the 2nd and 3rd day/night a thoroughly enjoyable experience. The rooms are kept lovely and clean and stocked up and the hotel is just a lovely place. I would definitely recommend this hotel as a lovely place to stay ( hopefully I just caught the first nights staff on a bad day, I am grateful they weren't working for the rest of my stay though!)

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business