“GREAT STAFF”
Review of Westmead Hotel

Westmead Hotel
Ranked #40 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I stayed at the Westmead with my son for 2 weeks from Australia. The room, food and facilities were top class. Beds were comfortable and rooms very clean. I want to particularly thank Jamie and the staff who couldn't do enough for us. They were accommodating with any changes to the menu and the variety of the 3 course meals each evening were great value and delicious. I would thoroughly recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Stayed on the way to an event in nearby Longbridge. We had a good size room with a nice large bed although decor seemed to be straight from the 1990s, unlike the refurbished rooms in the photos. There was no noise from other guests or the nearby A441, so sleep quality not a problem. I thought breakfast was good with a good selection of fresh food, although service felt a bit rushed despite only half the tables being occupied. All staff we encountered from check in to breakfast were polite, but perhaps could have created a slightly more relaxed atmosphere.

On the whole a good value alternative to something like a Premier Inn which seems to compete on budget, and with just a little more polish would be somewhere I'd return to every time.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jonathan S
Reviewed 14 April 2014

The hotel was very reasonably priced (part of a package with Cadburys World Tickets) so we didn't know what to expect. However we arrived to a very large family room with two single beds for the children & an enormous bed for my husband & I. Basic facilities but very clean & comfortable. The restaurant food was first class.
Having eaten in many London restaurants, we were surprised by the excellent standard of the 3 course evening meal. The food could not be faulted. Unfortunately our little girl was poorly that evening & my husband & I had to dine separately. The staff were amazing & nothing was too much trouble. Natalia, & the Restaurant manager were fantastic. They prepared fresh salmon for me when I returned to the dining room, & they provided 2 gorgeously presented desserts for us to take back to our room - We will definitely visit again! Once inside the hotel it's a real gem!! Thanks again to Natalia for looking after us so well.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Spacious family room, very clean. The photos are a true representation. The reception area was a great first impression, and all staff were kind and helpful. The breakfast was a 10 out of 10. We would totally recommend this hotel, great location and great value for money - we purchased the combined ticket to visit Cadbury World.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 April 2014

An excellent medium size hotel with very good facilities. first class food and dinning in a comfortable room. Bar meals and room service at a very good standard. Breakfast to order with attentive staff. Very good lounge area, bright, clean and comfortable.

Rooms need slight refurbishment but comfortable and very clean, an excellent bathroom with both a bath and a shower facility - no shortage of hot water.

Very large and agreeable bed with spotless linen. Plenty of work and seating area plus a large screen many channel TV/Radio. Free wifi throughout the hotel of good capacity.

Excellent building and plenty of secure car parking.

In this area I generaly stay elsewhere on business - that will change - I like this hotel and it's staff and will return again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ChefJDD
Reviewed 12 April 2014

I recently stayed for the first time at the Westmead Hotel. It was a business trip but the hotel was great! My room was spacious and the standard of the furnishings, equipment and cleanliness was excellent. The bed was very comfortable and the bed linen immaculate. The restaurant food was well cooked and presented and of high quality. The choice and variety for both breakfast and dinner was more than sufficient for all tastes. Most importantly the service provided was exemplary and all members of staff were polite, courteous and helpful and helped make my stay thoroughly enjoyable. Finally the personal interest, control and care by the owner were evident in all aspects of the operation and service provided by this excellent hotel. I look forward to my next stay whenever in the area.

Room Tip: All rooms seem to be equally good.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We had our wedding at the Westmead and my wife decided it would be good to have her 50th birthday celebration there. The owner Ben and his team worked hard with us to create a package to meet our budget. We went in the afternoon and I bought my wife an afternoon tea. This was very good and the staff are really friendly. I upgraded our room to a suite as a treat for my wife but I would say the standard rooms that other members of our family stayed in are very comfortable and the beds are massive. The night went off well and the staff again introduced themselves and were helpful throughout the night. The house DJ is pretty good. We had his email address before the night from the hotel and sent him a playlist to suit our preferences. He did a great job.. Food was good. Good breakfast which was included in the room price.

Stayed: February 2014