“Lovely mini break :)”
Review of Westmead Hotel

Westmead Hotel
Ranked #45 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Came here on a last minute mini break with my Mother and Daughter on the £99 Wild at Heart deal (including bed, breakfast and tickets to the West Midlands Safari Park).
Fantastic deal - loved every second of it. Lovely, helpful and friendly staff, really nice room and such a pretty hotel. Breakfast was superb!
Would totally recommend and absolutely stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Westmead Hotel

Reviewed 23 August 2014

booked a room for myself & young daughter, after checking in I was given the room key I asked where the room was and was told up some steps now foolishly I had hoped that there would be an offer to help me with my case especially when then saw I was disabled and uses a walking stick ! ( I know they saw as I looked for them to offer. then found actually it was up two lots of stairs. the room appears clean but the bathroom seals not very clean at all. on the evening I tried to place room service, not the most helpful staff especially when I asked roughly how long it would be " I don't know I shouldn't imagine to long" right ok so order placed I told them I would use the credit card I booked the room with. ten mins later I got a call to say they don't have card readers and I would have to go down to reception to pay if I wanted to use my credit card I said I couldn't as not only the steps but my daughter was asleep in bed and I couldn't leave her so I'll have to leave the order they replied "leave what ?" then "well it's only £10 have you got the cash ?" I said no not £10. no where does it say on the room service menu that you need to pay in cash or go to reception to pay by credit card. not very happy to be honest.

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights with our 2 small children (2 and 4) and from start to finish the stay was wonderful. The room was spacious even with the put up bed and travel cot, clean and relaxing. The whole hotel had a fresh comfortable feel to it and the breakfast was wonderful. The staff were very friendly and helpful and overall we considered it a fantastic place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2014

we stayed at the hotel this weekend as it was close to cadburys world .we did the package so over night stay ,breakfast and tickets to cadburys world cost £99 for two .We arrived to a welcome smile and warm welcome .The room was spacious,clean and everything you need including safe,iron and ironing board .We had a delicious evening meal ,three courses for £20 .The staff were amazing with a warm ,smile and were happy to chat making you feel comfortable and very welcome .we will be booking again for sure .Thankyou to all the staff you could show many other hotels a thing or two about customer service

Room Tip: we stayed in room 14 and didnt hear a sound from the road or others
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2014

had a business event here. The rooms are average and a bit tired; a sort of upgrade from a travelodge.

The restaurant has a limited menu if you are not a meat eater; there is actually more choice of salads and international dishes in the bar which is where I ate for the evening.

Staff are friendly however and helpful.

Main attraction of the hotel is its location in terms of travel access as it near the motorways.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Ben P, Owner at Westmead Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

Your various comments and feedback with regard to your stay with us is much appreciated and although you had an enjoyable time overall, we are sorry to hear that it was not up to your expectations.

It is indeed never our intention to disappoint our guests at anytime and we truly do hope that your experience on this occasion will not deter you from staying at the Westmead Hotel ,as we are about to refurbish the remainder of our bedrooms and facilities.

Your comment on adding more vegetarian dishes to our menus has been carefully noted for the next review of cuisine offering throughout the hotel.

Thank you once again for your feedback and time to post the review.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

WOW!! What an experience. From the minute we booked our wedding the service we got from staff was excellent. The management should be extremely proud of their staff. Nothing was to much for them. Lauren was brilliant as our wedding planner, the master of ceremonies was very professional and kept us calm and Dean on the reception made our stay so enjoyable. Every member of staff bar one couldn't do enough for us. The venue was beautiful and the rooms clean and well equipped. I would like to thank all of the staff from the ladies that cleaned the rooms to the reception staff and the wedding organisers very much you made our wedding one to remember. Just one negative before we paid for the wedding management couldn't do enough for us but we found after we had paid that management didn't want to know us which was very sad. A kind word on our wedding day might of been nice instead of being ignored. It shows that good working staff can make a place like the Westmead the outstanding place to have your wedding. Thanks guys.

Room Tip: Don't book a room facing the road. Was noisy.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sharon A

Thank you for writing your review on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted that you ere pleased with all of the arrangements for yoru big day!

We are pleased to hear that you were extremely delighted with the hotel facilities, the service of our team members and in particular those that you have mentioned. Your kind comments are much appreciated.

Please accept my profound apologies if you felt ignored by myself ,as it was honestly not the intention. I was disattracted by some behind the scenes technical issues which required managing. Having said this , I will personally write to you shortly to explain.

Thank you very much for hosting your big day with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Booked the hotel because of the deal with Cadbury World. Was not expecting a lot but was so pleased with the hotel. The room was excellent. Very clean and the bed was comfortable and massive. I am sure it covered two post codes.
We were going to eat out but decided to try the food at the hotel. What a surprise....normally hotel food is average....but this was far from average. The steak was mouth watering. My only complaint was that I had no room for a sweet......
Brekfast was relaxed and cooked to order....again another little pleasure so often missed these days.
Top hotel and would recommend it. The staff were all helpful, friendly, and a pleasure to stay with.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your review on Trip Advisor.

We are pleased to hear that you had enjoyed your visit to Cadburys World with overnight stay at the hotel and glad that you consider the Westmead Hotel to be of great value!

It is nice to read from your comments that you were extremely delighted with the service of our associates and enjoyed the facilities as well as the restaurants we have on offer. Your kind feedback is much appreciated.

It was a pleasure to have you as our guests and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the not too distant future.

Kind regards,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Birmingham
Ladywood
Conference Aston Hotel
#59 of 118 in Birmingham
Hillscourt
#1 of 1 in Rednal

Been to Westmead Hotel? Share your experiences!