“Value business stay”

Ranked #48 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
North West
“Value business stay”
Reviewed 29 August 2014 via mobile

Very clean and reasonable hotel with friendly staff. Big room. Good deal.
The bar area could be more cosy and I had the continental breakfast and the buffet could have been better stocked.
Enjoyed the fixed price evening meal.
But slept very well and would stay again.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Slough
Reviewed 28 August 2014

We booked this hotel for the night as we had purchased tickets for Cadbury World. The Hotel was clean and the staff very friendly and happy to help. We booked evening meal, which was very nice and the staff although busy, as they had a wedding party to attend to, were brilliant. We did not have to wait a long time for the food and it was delicious when it arrived. We also booked breakfast which was also very good, everything you could want was available. My husband and myself had a double room and it was also very nice and clean and the bed was enormous. My son his wife and 2 kids had a family room which also was very spacious and it had a separate room off the main bedroom for the kids, which was very nice. Cadbury World was 10 minutes drive away, so ideally suited for our stay. I would highly recommend this Hotel if you are thinking of a Chocolate adventure, or a trip to the Bullring shopping centre, which is about 20 minutes drive away.

Room Tip: We were in Room 16 on the ground floor, it was very quiet. The Family Room was No. 57 was on the fir...
Manchester
Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

What a lovely hotel. Welcoming Friendly staff. Booked a really good deal with the hotel entrance to cadburys world, evening meal, 1night stay and breakfast 2adults 2children £139. Rooms and rest of the hotel clean and tidy. Evening meal was gorgeous steak cooked to perfection. Breakfast lovely fruit and full English. Waiters/Waitresses were very attentive. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Marie M
Stoke on trent
Reviewed 26 August 2014

We stayed for one night as part of the safari package. We were not expecting great things as the price was so reasonable, so were pleasantly surprised! The hotel staff are all helpful and friendly, which made us feel very welcome. The meal was perfect, the restaurant setting is just right, again the staff couldn't do enough to help. Breakfast was also good, plenty on offer and the full English was cooked to perfection.
Although the hotel is situated on a very busy road, you wouldn't know it once inside. We were in a room which overlooked the car park at the side. Rooms clean, all amenities available.
The lounge area is lovely for relaxing in.
We were very impressed and will be booking another stay in future.
Many thanks to all the staff, who are fantastic!

Room Tip: I would suggest the rooms at the back are quieter.
1 Thank Thekirkys2
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Came here on a last minute mini break with my Mother and Daughter on the £99 Wild at Heart deal (including bed, breakfast and tickets to the West Midlands Safari Park).
Fantastic deal - loved every second of it. Lovely, helpful and friendly staff, really nice room and such a pretty hotel. Breakfast was superb!
Would totally recommend and absolutely stay here again!

Reviewed 23 August 2014

booked a room for myself & young daughter, after checking in I was given the room key I asked where the room was and was told up some steps now foolishly I had hoped that there would be an offer to help me with my case especially when then saw I was disabled and uses a walking stick ! ( I know they saw as I looked for them to offer. then found actually it was up two lots of stairs. the room appears clean but the bathroom seals not very clean at all. on the evening I tried to place room service, not the most helpful staff especially when I asked roughly how long it would be " I don't know I shouldn't imagine to long" right ok so order placed I told them I would use the credit card I booked the room with. ten mins later I got a call to say they don't have card readers and I would have to go down to reception to pay if I wanted to use my credit card I said I couldn't as not only the steps but my daughter was asleep in bed and I couldn't leave her so I'll have to leave the order they replied "leave what ?" then "well it's only £10 have you got the cash ?" I said no not £10. no where does it say on the room service menu that you need to pay in cash or go to reception to pay by credit card. not very happy to be honest.

• Stayed August 2014
Cardigan, Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights with our 2 small children (2 and 4) and from start to finish the stay was wonderful. The room was spacious even with the put up bed and travel cot, clean and relaxing. The whole hotel had a fresh comfortable feel to it and the breakfast was wonderful. The staff were very friendly and helpful and overall we considered it a fantastic place to stay.