“Better than expected.”

Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre
Ranked #63 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 25 June 2011

The location of the hotel is perfect. Just about 5 minutes down to the Bull Ring shopping mall and the Birmingham New Street Station. The room is nice and clean, even though it's not too spacious, it's good enough for the 2 of us.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
Joanna O, Marketing Executive at Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2016

Dear rachelinek,

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre

Reviewed 25 June 2011

I am a long haul cabin crew member and have stayed in hotels all over the world and have to say I am very impressed with this hotel! The staff are excellent, rooms well equipped and clean and the location is great. 8 minutes after stepping off my train in new street I had checked in!!
As for the noise, yes it can be a bit noisy, but you're in a city centre not the countryside, it's nothing compared to new York!
Overall I will certainly be staying here again.

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank dsjt

Dear dsjt,

Thank you for such wonderful review, we truly appreciate your business and trust in us. I am pleased to hear that our staff and service meets your needs and expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 20 June 2011

This hotel was neither good nor bad. When I stayed it was the middle of December, the bars and restaurants seemed to be full of Christmas party revellers so I won't complain about that, twas the season and all that. The fire alarm and subsequent evacuation just as my head hit the pillow was again something to be expected with drunken revellers, so I can't really complain about that.

It was a nice looking room, the bed was comfy, the air con flakey but I still managed to get a good nights sleep ( after the fire alarm ).

It was mercifully close to the station which helped as the snow and ice made walking about tricky.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
Joanna O, Marketing Exexcutive at Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2016

Dear martind2000,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We apologize for the inconveniences you faced during your stay, as that is not up to our normal standards. We will share your feedback with our staff and make the necessary changes. We hope you choose to stay with us again, so we can show you our true level of service.

Reviewed 18 June 2011

I have just returned from this hotel and would never go back. I was there for work staying on a Thursday night. Yes it's central and the rooms have been renovated but that's all the positives I can mention.

When ordering room service no one could tell me if a dish contained mushrooms( hate them !!!) I was advised that the meals were prepared else where and reheated. This was enough to put me off so I went out for dinner. From midnight to 430am taxi horns were constant from the street. The shower had poor pressure and really struggled. Tv in room although new stopped working.

So if ur staying ask for a room on the opposite side to the clubs or pack ear plugs.

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank scaroha
Joanna O, Marketing Executive at Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2016

Dear scaroha,

Thank you for your candid review. We apologize that your recent stay did not meet expectations. We appreciate your comments and will share these with our team so that we can continue to improve our services. We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future, so that we can provide a better experience.

Reviewed 17 June 2011

This loos like a hotel built in the 60s, but when you get inside you find it has been refurbished to a high standard. My room was spotless, good bathroom, Staff very helpful and welcoming. Excellent breakfast. Nice bed, quiet room. Very hany for all the city centre and conference centre. Car park besde the hotel, but expensive.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business

Dear sugardoc1,

Reviewed 13 June 2011

Stayed here in March 2011 and booked two friends into a room with a sofa bed. The room allocated was on the top floor and was huge so when I went back in May 2011, we booked a room with a sofa bed and we weren't disappointed. This was on the top floor. There was a separate lounge area (sofa bed and tv) and bedroom (with another tv) and a separate dressing area. Rooms on the top floor have access to the balcony around the top of the hotel. The room was huge. Bathroom likewise. Only disappointment was that the mini bars (which previously functioned as a fridge) were being replaced. Thoroughly recommend, particularly rooms with a sofa bed.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Ash_Black,

Reviewed 9 June 2011

I've stayed at this hotel a number of times 20+, it's not perfect but I still keep going back.

The Good: Decent location within easy walking distance of Birmingham New Street Station, China Town and the main commercial district (10 minutes). Breakfast is good though they do keep changing the times, I believe it's now back to 06:30 in the week and 07;00 at weekends which is good. Staff are friendly, helpful and polite and being a Platinum member I usually get upgraded (big plus). Room service quality is good but with China Town a stones throw away I usually eat out. Rooms are comfortable and clean.

The Bad: The damn lifts with at least one frequently out of service and occasionally both! On three separate occasions the Fire Alarms have sounded and we've had to evacuate. The area isn't the most salubrious and can get noisy and raucous at weekends. Check-in and check-out can get very busy.

Room Tip: Get a room out the back for more peace.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business

Dear Dagog,

Thank you for providing us with your feedback about your stay. I am very sorry to hear that several things throughout your stay did not meet your expectations. We appreciate your comments and will share these with our team so that we can continue to improve our services. We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future, so that we can provide a better experience.