“Good central location at the right price”

Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre
Ranked #65 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 2 July 2012 via mobile

Nothing that will set the world of fire but does the job for a hotel near the station and my local office. Nice bar and rooms are large with FS TV.

• Stayed: June 2012

Dear monkfish870,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent experience at the Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre.

Concerning the Bar and the TV , it is very encouraging to receive your kind comments.

Once again, thank you for taking the time and trouble to write. We look forward to welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre

Reviewed 23 June 2012

I've stayed in many holiday inns, all over the country so I know what to expect with this style of hotel. Usually pretty basic but I have to say this is one of my favourites. From the outside it really is nothing to look at. Inside is much nicer and the rooms are great. The exec rooms are really nice with granite finishes and are very tastefully decorated. I particularly like the bathrooms which are very modern and classy. Small touches like low lighting under the sink and granite surfaces make the place feel more of a 4/5 star city hotel than a holiday inn. Wifi in the rooms via Ethernet and granite work desks with plenty of good lighting and spotlighting. There is a mini bar and flat screen tv too.

The restaurant and bar are also great. The food is tasty and reasonably priced and they also show main sky sports events too.

There is a piano lounge and open balcony which is useful in the warmer summer months to have drinks.

I have stayed many times in this holiday inn and quite look forward to going back. There are also some nice Indian restaurants across the road if that's your thing. Thumbs up from me!!

Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business

Dear Lad24LFC

Thank you for your lovely review on your recent stay with us, I am so glad everything went well and our staff have looked after you. We hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you back again soon.

Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 22 June 2012

Lovely, well kept Holiday Inn next to train station. However they have only about 6 parking spaces so you end up parking in the near by multi storey which is very expensive and grotty.

• Stayed: June 2012

Dear Taffbowen,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to write about your recent experience at the Holiday Inn Birmingham City.

Being a city centre hotel, the parking is limited at the site, but with plenty of car parks within walking distance. We do have a concession with Apcoa car park (currently at £10.00 per 24 hours). If you contact the hotel, we would be more than happy to give you directions, for your next visit.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 22 June 2012

Walking distance from New Street station, main bus routes, restaurants and shops. I asked for, and was allocated, a room facing the "quieter" direction -ie up towards the civic centre area and was sufficiently high up to enjoy the view. No noise whatsoever from lift outside the bedroom door(the receptionist had worried a bit about this); room temperature able to be adjusted to suit my needs; able to open the windows for air; lovely comfy bed; flat screen TV with easily obtainable radio channels; tea/coffee etc in room; lovely large shower in a decent sized and clean shower room; toiletries etc; breakfast very good, wide choice etc, very friendly waiting staff;easy check in /out altho' busy. The only downside would be , as its a busy hotel, two lifts might be insufficient at peak times, especially for business people in a rush. Nice to see local young people enjoying themselves at a "school prom" in the evening, but no poor behaviour.

Room Tip: Back facing, higher up -don't worry about being near a lift, all is sound proof
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business

Dear GillyPNorthEastCoast

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent experience at the Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre.

We are delighted that the room you were allocated was to your satisfaction.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 21 June 2012

I stayed at this hotel midweek on business and stayed in a standard double room on the 'S' floor. The rooms on this floor seemed to be have renovated and provided a comfortable overnight stay with the facilities you need. One moan Holiday Inn - if you spend money doing a renovation on your rooms why put the old TV back - they look so out of place - even Ibis hotels have flat screen TVs now!

The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. The room overlooked the main Smallbrook Queensway road but the windows had good sound proofing so noise wasn't a problem. The hotel is a 5/10 minute walk from New Street railway station, the Bull Ring shopping Centre, China Town and the Hurst Street gay village area. The Hippodrome and Alexandra theatres are both within walking distance.

Check in was fine - the hotel has a fairly large reception area.

Overall a decent midweek stay - though sometimes the prices charged by the hotel can be on the pricey if you can't get a special deal.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business

Dear AggyGuy,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding our location, quality of bedrooms. We are currently working in changing all our TV to flat screens.

Once again, thank you for your kind comments. We look forward to welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre.

Reviewed 19 June 2012

16 of us stayed here in March for my Hen Do. We had 8 rooms, 7 of the rooms were normal doubles, my room was upgraded to an executive double.

I can't comment on the other rooms, but my room was lovely - very big, clean, with all mod cons, and fresh fruit and water. My only 2 small gripes were there were a shortage of decent mirrors. As a girl getting ready for a night out this is a must. And I couldn't get the temperature right. I was freezing, and couldn't get it to warm up. I ended up in the room alone so slept with 2 duvets over me. The bed was comfortable, although I always struggle with hotel pillows as they always seem to be pretty rubbish.

The bathroom was big and the room was really clean. There was some noise from the corriders from other guests. There was a big Asian Birthday party going on, and some guys insisted on chatting and shouting loudly at about 3 in the morning. Its not a hotel that you will get loads of sleep at. Its a hotel in the centre, with lots of functions and people there for a night out. The chambermaids also like to be noisy early in the morning. I sort of knew this so my expectations of sleep were pretty low.

Breakfast the next day was plentiful and hot, and everything that you can think of that you could want, so set you up for the day.

The hotel is within walking distance of the bullring and some great bars and restaurants, and only a cab ride away from the main bars and clubs. We thought it was an excellent locaiton, and can't really complain too much. I wasn't expecting the ritz. Its a Holiday Inn and having stayed in many before I knew what I was getting.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Strawberry_Mojito,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding our location, quality of bedrooms. We will look in relocate some of our mirrows.

Concerning the Restaurant breakfast and service, it is very encouraging to receive your kind comments on the food quality.

Regarding the noise from neighbour room; please accept our apologies for the inconvenience this may have caused. We try our best to ensure all guests do get a great stay and undisturbed sleep overnight. We will discuss to see how we can eliminate similar incidents in future.

Reviewed 18 June 2012

I've stayed here a few times now and would definitely recommend it. Great location and value for money for a centrally located hotel with much better rooms than the more budget hotels. Stayed here for the pride weekend again this year. Friendly staff and a nice breakfast. Parked in the mailbox which is a much better car park than the expensive, insecure and smelly NCP next door to the hotel. I believe the hotel have a special deal at another more secure car park. Only one moan please replace the big coffee urn with fresh coffee:)

Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded 22 June 2012

Dear ukundercover,

Thank you for taking time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed and I hope you enjoyed the pride weekend as well. It is nice to read that our staffs are friendly and you enjoyed your breakfast. We do offer the concession rate with APCOA car park located in China Town (currently £10.00 per 24 hours) for our guest. Please contact the hotel for more information and direction. We will also looking into your suggestion as part our ongoing review to improve our product and services. I look forward to your return soon.