“Excellent again”

Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre
Ranked #67 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 15 February 2013

Having had an excellent stay here a while ago I was very much looking forward to my second visit. Again, it did not disappoint. Check in was fast, efficient and very friendly. We had arrived about an hour early and the room was not quite ready. The receptionist was very apologetic about this and said there were other rooms we could have but she had allocated us a really nice room and didn't want to change it. I was very happy to wait and it was our fault for being early but she still gave us a couple of free drink vouchers so we could enjoy a welcome drink in the bar whilst we waited. Again, my expectations were well exceeded. The room was indeed very nice. An executive room on the sixth floor. A very large room, excellent views, spotlessly clean and very comfortable. All the executive room touches were there along with many others. Free orange juice, chocolate bar and free WIFI! Yes this is one of the very few Holiday Inns that don't feel the need to rob their guests with extortionate WIFI charges. After my second visit here I still find it very hard to fault this hotel. It is a shining example of the best Holiday Inn has to offer. For the people who say it is not good I can only suggest a trip to the HI at Gloucester or Stratford upon Avon. These hotels scrape the bottom of the HI barrel and will show without a doubt how good this hotel is. I look forward to my next stay very soon.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Fabio B, Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2013

Dear Andy C,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent experience at the Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre.

We are delighted that the room you were allocated was to your satisfaction. I am also so glad everything went well. I will pass your comments to our team.

Operations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,635)

Reviewed 11 February 2013

Great price for centre of birmingham, cant argue with the value. We managed to find parking nearby so that wasnt a problem and other than the lift being a bit dodgy there were no problems. Breakfast was poor, cheap coffee, food etc, really becoming obvious in this day and age when companies do not go the extra mile.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anthony T
Fabio B, Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2013

Dear Anthony T,

Regarding the Restaurant Breakfast; please accept our apologies for the inconvenience this may have caused. We try our best to ensure all guests do get a great stay and a great service from our team I will pass the comments to my team to see if such problems doesn’t occur in the future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 8 February 2013

Really friendly staff. Food excellent and lots of choice. Well prepared and beautifully presented.Bar prices for half a peronni £4.00! Really recommend the breakfast.-especially the fruit salad and croissants!
Hotel warm and cosy. A definite must if in Birmingham.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo

Dear HARDY11,

We are delighted that the room you were allocated was to your satisfaction. I am also so glad everything went well . I will pass your comments to our team.

Once again, thank you for taking the time and trouble to write.

We look forward to welcoming you back at the Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre.

Reviewed 8 February 2013

I booked this hotel having seen the previous mixed reviews and I have to say I have nothing but praise for the hotel the whole experience from check inn to check out was smooth and effortless. We were allocated a room on the 4th floor and it was one of the best presented hotel rooms I've stayed in, the room was spotless and there was not a visible mark or blemish. The room has double glazing and you could hear some exterior noise but I personally found the double glazing muffled most of the moise to the point that it was barely noticeable.
My one gripe is a minor one we were in a double room which was obviously 2 beds pushed together but for whatever reason the mattresses/beds kept separating and there would be a gap in the middle of the bed as it appears the only thing keeping them together was the mattress cover.
The bathroom was spotless as was the shower and the shower is huge.
I'm glad I've already booked to stay here again in a couple of weeks time.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Bromleyboi,

Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your stay with us.
I am so glad you were happy with all aspects of your stay, and I will pass these on to all the staff at the hotel. I will be also looking to the bed issues that you experianced.
I look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 8 February 2013

Booked this as a freebie on Priority Club points and exec room was same number of points as standard. Loved the room size, complimentary water and chocolate and, even though near the lift, never heard a thing all night. Bed was incredibly comfy.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear romanycatgirl,

Reviewed 30 January 2013

Stayed here for a week while working at the city. The rooms and bathrooms are quite clean, the bed was the Most comfortable bed ever and the food is ok although the choices are very limited. The location is convenient.

• Stayed: January 2013
Fabio B, Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2013

Dear Ang977

We are delighted that the room you were allocated was to your satisfaction and that you found the bed comfortable. I am also so glad everything went well. I will pass your comments to our team.

Reviewed 22 January 2013

I stayed at this Hotel on Saturday night the 19th January and basically had no sleep whatsoever. My room was on the fourth floor of the hotel overlooking the main road and just across the road there appears to be two restaurants/take-aways and possibly a club connected to one of them. All night cars were parked outside of these restaurants with their radios on and horns tooting. Groups of men shouting and fighting. I think the restaurants closed at 6am! Consequently, I had no sleep whatsoever. Would never re-visit this hotel for that reason. I have read a comment that the hotel fitted double glazing, but clearly it's not good enough. I think it's important that if you are proposing a stay here that you ask for a room on the other side of the hotel. Apart from this the room was great, the facilities first rate and the hotel generally really nice. I have no idea of the breakfast, because I missed it as I needed to try and get some sleep after the 6am close of the restaurants.

Room Tip: Don't book a room on this side of the street
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank slyham
Fabio B, Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2013

Dear slyham,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent experience at the Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre.

Our hotel is conveniently located in the heart of the city center. I am sorry that the room you were allocated was not to your satisfaction.

We are working very closely with local authorities and Southside BID (Business Development District) to address those issues such us noise. We do have wardens working 24/7 to deal with some of the issues We have recently refurbished all our rooms with double glazed windows. The council have also red routed all Smallbrook Queensway.

Thank you once again, for your constructive comments.