“my stay at the hotel”

Ranked #63 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“my stay at the hotel”
Reviewed 3 June 2013

we booked a couple of nights stay at this hotel on arrival i was faced with friendly smile at reception from the members of staff. then once in my room was very well pleased with how comfort and clean it was on my second day i asked for the towels to be changed but they went the extra mile by doing a full room service

i will be returning again to this hotel

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Fethi H, Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre, responded to this review, 9 June 2013
Dear valued Guest

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent experience at the Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre.

We are delighted that the room you were allocated was to your satisfaction. I am also so glad everything went well. I will pass your comments to our team.

Once again, thank you for taking the time and trouble to write.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre.

Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (401)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Milton Keynes
Reviewed 1 June 2013 via mobile

You don't choose to stay at a Holiday Inn for luxury, they are a functional and reasonably priced option for a short stay. This Holiday Inn is spot on for that. Booked an executive room, a great spacious and clean room, 8th floor, nice and quiet. The executive room wasn't wildly priced above the standard double, so I'd really recommend paying the extra and getting the bigger space. Bar and restaurant area really large with friendly staff. My only gripe is the lack of parking on site. There are a small number of spaces outside the doors of the hotel which you need to pre book. There is also an ncp around the corner (not well signposted and took me about 15 mins to find!), it's £12 per night for the parking. To be fair, it's a city centre hotel, so parking is always likely to be an issue. Other great thing was its proximity to chinese quarter - directly opposite! Overall, not a bad stay at all and I'd stay again if I was needing to find somewhere in Birmingham City Centre.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank MissV-MiltonKeynes
Dear valued Guest

We are delighted that the room you were allocated was to your satisfaction. I am also so glad everything went well . I will pass your comments to our team.

Once again, thank you for taking the time and trouble to write.

We look forward to welcoming you back at the Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre.

Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Stayed here for an evening do at the Mailbox nearby. Efficient check-in and we were allocated a very nice room on the 8th floor with a superkingsize bed. Was actually very impressed with the room quality and we weren't disturbed too much by street noise.
The location of the hotel is great for getting to nearby attractions, however, the affordability and proximity to the city centre means that you tend to get lots of large alcohol-fuelled groups staying at the hotel. On our return to the hotel later that night there were security staff around which made us feel safe, however we were met by a naked man in the lift and a pungent smell of vomit!
Anyway, we slept well and took advantage of the weekend 2 for 1 offer on breakfast the next morning. Good choice of breakfast and pleasant staff too.
Overall we would most likely stay again as the hotel offers great value for money and a very convenient location.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Have stayed here a few times. Had an executive room as they are worth the bit extra. As usual the room was comfortable and a decent size. Spotlessly clean, with free water, orange juice and chocolate bar as well as usual tea/coffee. Reception staff are always professional and efficient rather than warm and friendly. Handy for shops and bars, lots of both in Birmingham. There is a 50% discount for the nearby multi-storey car park, which is handy as it is eye-wateringly expensive otherwise.
Being in the centre of a large city there is some noise, but being a Londoner this doesn't bother me. Central Birmingham isn't for people who want the quiet life.
When I next go back to Birmingham will more than likely stay here.

Dear valued Guest

Our hotel is conveniently located in the heart of the city center. We are delighted that the room you were allocated was to your satisfaction. I am also so glad everything went well.

Being a city centre hotel, the parking is limited at the site, but with plenty of car parks within walking distance. We do have a concession with The NCP car park st judes way (currently at 50% off). If you contact the hotel, we would be more than happy to give you directions and advise for your next visit.

Oeration Manager
North York Moors National Park, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Not a bad spot, clean and tidy, good breakfast and in terms of HI,s pretty average probably just above average. Free wi fi which is great and should be at all HI,s, decent size bedroom and located in pretty good spot for rail station and city centre.
One tip for future customers please ask where your room is located as mine was next to lift shaft and was so noisy I had to move, when I challenged them about the noise they were clearly aware but thought they would chance it! Oh and I'm a gold level PC member, clearly meant nothing!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre, responded to this review, 9 July 2013
Dear toyotaverso,

Thank your for being a Gold member and thank your for your review of our property. We appreciate your compliments regarding ur hotel.

I am sorry to hear your issues with noise. Let me take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you and for the dissatisfaction you had with our rooms. Our staff pay special attention to our Gold members and I deeply regret that we were not able to provide you the typical high level of service and recognition that you deserve.

Thank you for your business and your patronage to our brand and hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back as one of our Gold members and allow us to redeem your faith in our award winning service.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Stayed here for one night whilst on a business trip. Situated very close to Birmingham New Street station making it ideal if you are travelling by train. Room adequate for overnight stay and very comfortable. Bathroom was a decent size and spotlessly clean. My only gripe with the room is that the hair dryer was attached to the wall on the completely opposite side of the room to the mirror which is not ideal! However this is not the only hotel where I have experienced this so any room designers, please take note! Breakfast was buffet style with plenty of choice, both hot and cold. Quick check-out with staff assisting both behind and in front of the front desk to ease queues. Recommended and would stay here again.

Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Joanna O, Marketing Executive at Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre, responded to this review, 3 May 2016
Dear pb231,

Joanna
Marketing Executive
London
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Myself and my girlfriend stayed here for the Red Dwarf convention. We generally found the hotel good, so more of a 3.5 rating than a 3 or 4.

The breakfast was included in the rate and there was lots of choice, certainly compared to other hotels of the same standard. The same could be said of the evening meal also. It was a buffet, although I think you could order off of a menu. The standard of the food was good, not amazing but it has to be said, very good value.

Service - slightly mixed for us but most of the time faultless. The only gripe we had was that once sat down at a table for the evening meal, not one waiter came over to take our drink order on either of the 2 evenings. The service at the reception was very good and the guy that directed us to the nearby carpark, also very good.

A couple of negatives. The carparking. Given that it's a city hotel I think most people would expect to pay for parking. But I found it very disappointing that they aren't very helpful before you arrive. The carpark next to the hotel is not cheap and having options before you arrive would be incredibly useful.

Location - I've found Birmingham to be a good city to walk around but only if you are in New Street or next to the Bull Ring. Although the hotel isn't too far from those areas, walking out of the hotel the sights are less than appealing.

Overall ok though, and good value.

Dear phizco,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. We are pleased to note that you found our food to be of good value. I am also glad that you liked our front desk staff.

Whilst I am pleased with the good comments, I am truly sorry to hear that your stay was negatively affected by our parking facility. Please allow me to apologize for any inconvenience and negative impression you may have had. Nonethesless, it is still our pleasure to read that you were satisfied with the major features and services that we have to offer.

I assure you that every comment, no matter how small, is taken very seriously. We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is.

Dhan M