1,861 results
All reviews new street station city centre executive room ncp car park bull ring street noise high floor train station saturday night an upgrade flat screen tv quiet room stayed here for one night few minutes walk comfy bed full english good nights sleep
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Visited here on a three day business trip to Birmingham. Location very near to New Street Station was very good. The room was very clean but at the front of the hotal and was a bit noisy at night. I would recommend asking for a quieter room. The breakfast is good but at £13 I would recommend going out somewhere cheaper - I can get the same breakfast in London for £5! So have decided never to have one of their breakfast again simply on the over the top price. I would stay here again.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Bora001, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2013

Dear Barry A,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to review your experience at the Holiday Inn Birmingham City. Being a City Centre Hotel, despite our best effords, some outside noise can be expected which is outside our control. Having benefitting from double glazed windows throughout, the Hotel usually is not affected. We also offer a competitive rate for our breakfast if purchasded the night before. We will be more than happy to give you possible options for booking breakfast, if you would like to contact the Hotel. We hope to see you back in future.

Kind Regardrs

Reviewed 15 July 2013

I generally stay at this hotel when in the city and have to say they are good! Yes it is a Holiday inn and the rooms are not perfect but you’re not paying 5 star prices. Front Desk know my name and it does make a difference when they say hello!
The rooms are clean and generally not badly kept. It is city centre locations so do expect noise at the weekend at the front of the hotel! If in doubt, see if you can be moved to the back. Don’t be put off by door staff at the weekends checking who coming into the , they are polite and there to keep certain people out! It doesn’t mean the hotel is rough, just safe! Generally it is a well price hotel and would say to stay here if in Birmingham. Location is near to New St station and car parks very near to hotel. Hotel is near the main night life, restaurants and Bullring is only a short walk. Bar is big but I wouldn’t say eat here as there are loads of other places nearby at a better price.

Room tip: Watch weekends at the front of the hotel with noise!
Date of stay: May 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Bora001, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2013

Dear Mark W,

Thank you for your detailed review regarding your experiences at the Holiday Inn Birmingham City. As a City Centre Hotel, we tend to treat the safety and security of all guests, buildings and staff very highly. All our staff have been trained to highest possible standards and will try to go out of their way to help your stay a memorable one. Our location also helps when the customers are looking to stay in the middle of City Centre with easy access to many attractions and businesses. I am happy that you recognised our hard work and become a regular at the Holiday Inn Birmingham City. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

Close to New Street Station but hard to find with the buiding works going on around station. Not impressed on check in, staff busy checking each others work and a big prom do on so kept waiting after long journey not a good start. Room spacious and clean, good towels, coffee making. View over busy city and night life. On 3rd floor still got street noise with window open but has aircon. Restaurant has to be the worst high prices poor waiting staff and food very disappointing. Breakfast average and staff workinghard to restock as very busy. Nice bar with terrace great on hot evening but suggest you eat out in one of the many choices in town.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank travell_a_lot
Bora001, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2013

Dear travell_a_lot,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to review your latest experience at the Holiday Inn Birmingham City. The New Street Train station is undergoing a multi million pound refurbishment works which affects the traffic arrangements around the Hotel. I am glad to hear that you were happy with the bedroom and aminities supplied. As you mentioned, we also had a prom party on the night which put pressure on my team on the day. I am very sorry for the shortfalls you experienced at Reception and the Restaurant and have asked my team to review procedures to eliminate similar incidents in future. I would be delighted if you decide to come back in future and I am confident that we will re-gain your confidence in our Hotel.

Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed in an executive room on the 8th floor. Nice large room, clean and big bed. Good location. Took a while to check in but overall a good hotel. Not all executive rooms are the same. My friends also had an executive room again the 8th floor, but room & bed smaller.

Dear Karl W,

Thank you for your kind review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the Holiday Inn Birmingham City. We do have different styles of bedrooms and some of which can be used as zip and link. I can assure you that all executice bedrooms have at least 15 sqm clearnce door to window. We look forward to welcoming you back in future.

Reviewed 11 July 2013

Stayed in executive room. Large room with airconditioning. Quiet and comfortable. Only a couple of minutes walk from train station and the Hippodrome (went to see Lion King). Breakfast (extra) was good with a large selection. I was also impressed by the standard of the room service food. Staff were all friendly and helpful.

I come away from most hotels feeling that the room is not worth the price but at £63 per night I felt that this was excellent value.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Bora001, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2013

Dear Ged321,

Thank you very much for your kind comments following your recent stay. I am delighted that you enjoyed the arrangements at the Hotel, especially food servicing areas as you raised. It is always very encouraging to recieve such feedback and it does give that little extra incentive to do it even better the next time. We look forward to welcoming you back in future.