“Functional...”

Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre
Ranked #65 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 7 December 2013

My experience was very limited as I stayed here for only one night. I faced an issue that hotel ended up booking me twice and later on charged me a no show on the other booking the next day. I had to then raise this to them later for course correction. Hotel location is very good and food was decent (tried a curry for dinner). Didn't get to taste their breakfast so cannot comment. Overall seemed like a value for money place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Bora001, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Dear Prashant G,

Thank you for your kind review. I am delighted to hear that we were able to deliver your expectations from a Holiday Inn. I am sorry to hear the shortfall you experienced with the booking system. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Kind Regards

Write a ReviewReviews (1,657)

Reviewed 4 December 2013

On arrival we were upgraded from a standard double room to an executive room (804). There was a birthday cake waiting for me in this room.
The reception staff were helpful and polite.
We stayed for breakfast the next morning and I would recommend this to anyone who likes variety and value!
Overall a thoroughly enjoyable stay and we will be back sooner rather than later.
Thank you very much Holiday Inn for a great gesture.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Bora001, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Dear ZDENKALondon,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your latest experience at the Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre. I am delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and the arrangements made to celebrate your birthday. I have taken the liberty to share your comments with the Hotel team as such feedback does give that little extra incentive to do it even better the next time. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

Excellent staff, upgraded to executive room, at the rear of the hotel, lift a are fast. from our arrival until we left the staff were extremely helpful. Breakfast buffet is very good and the bar staff are efficient. The only major issue at this time is the traffic situation around New Street Station, parking is extremely difficult.This hotel is ideally situated for the Bullring, the Mailbox and the outstanding German Christmas Market on New Street. The rooms at the rear of the hotel from the sixth floor up are peacefull.

Room Tip: Request an upper rear view room
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear snei,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your latest experience at the Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre. I am delighted to hear that we were able to deliver and exceed your expectations from a Holiday Inn and found the staff to be friendly and helpful. Regarding the parking arrangements and traffic around the Hotel; as you may have noticed that the New Street Train station is undergoing a large refurbishment woks which adds extra traffic to the usual Christmas shoppers. Being located in the heart of Birmingham City Centre also means that the parking is limited. Should you wish to contact the Hotel for your next trip, we will be more than happy to assist you with your parking. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

Stayed here for one night on business. The room was exceptionally clean, warm and comfy with an excellent shower and well lit bathroom. The staff were all so friendly and helpful. The fire alarm went off during breakfast which was annoying but well handled by staff and one of the ladies from housekeeping apologised to some of the guests for the inconvenience. My only suggestion would be to put some biscuits on the tray with the tea/coffee making stuff but that's a minor point!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Bora001, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Dear 247BertieR,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent experience at the Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre. I am delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and that you found the staff to be friendly. Please also note that your comments regarding biscuits have been taken on board and will be discussed at the next management meeting. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

Wow wow wow !!! Reception very friendly and helpful. We were put in room 515, when we opened the door to the room, it was warm & inviting. We were so pleased. Huge bed, plenty of pillows. Comfortable bed, we slept a lot! The only bad thing was the robes provided were not big enough, they were a tight fit.The room was so quiet, barely heard the traffic. This hotel was convenient to walking everywhere in the city, German Market, Sea Life, canals,
Ahmed checked us in, offering us 2 for 1 Breakfast, which we did on Saturday. All I can say is the food was amazing, fresh fruit, cereals, toast, eggs, fried & scrambled, bacon, 2 types of sausage and croissants!
Janna checked us out .
Thank you for making our stay so enjoyable!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Bora001, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Dear Dee S,

Thank you for your kind review following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre. I am delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and we were able to exceed your expectations from a Holiday Inn. I have taken the liberty to share your comments with the Hotel team as such feedback gives that little extra incentive to do it even better the next time. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

We were pleasantly surprised at the Excecutive room that we stayed in. The room was very clean to a high standard and the bed was huge and very comfortable. Evening meal was very good and staff were very helpful and pleasant. Breakfast was great . No complaints atall would stay again any time.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Bora001, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Dear Sazzle43,

Thank you for your kind comments following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre. I am delighted to hear that we were able to deliver and exceed your expectations from a Holiday Inn. I have taken the liberty to pass on your comments to all staff. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

Stayed here for the second time booking two rooms for two days this time.

Same as last time I booked here as my platinum status was not honored and received none of the perks with the status I earned.

Room was standard fare and walls were thin with noise from adjacent rooms quite loud.

Would have stayed at the Hilton where my gold status is always honored and it would have worked out less expensive as the breakfast would have been complimentary there but chose this property because it was closer the train station and the Bull Ring shopping center. Next time I will stay at the Hilton on Broad Street and get a taxi to the Bull Ring

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear 132Richard_S,

Thank you for reviewing your latest experience at the Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre. I am sorry to hear that you had reasons not to be happy with your stay. Regarding IHG reward club status, please note that the complimentary upgrades are subject to availability on the day of stay. If you would like to contact the Hotel, we would be more than happy to address your concerns. We hope to welcome you back in future.