“Good value”

Ranked #63 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Good value”
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Stayed in the Holiday Inn Saturday night. Found the hotel to be clean and well maintained. The room was nicely decorated and very clean. Bathroom was spotless, with plenty of hot water!!Excellent wardrobe space and good TV.
Breakfast in the morning was well cooked with plenty of variety. All the staff were pleasant and polite, and checking out on Sunday morning was very straight forward. Car park at the rear of the hotel is very convenient.
The hotel is nicely situated in the centre of Birmingham, would not hesitate to visit again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Bora001, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Dear corco70,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your latest experience at the Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre. I am delighted to hear that we were able to deliver and exceed your expectations from a Holiday Inn. It is always a pleasure to receive such feedback and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Kind Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (401)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 December 2013

I have recently spent one night at this Holiday Inn and I was pleasantly surprised! The location next to the main train station, and minutes walk to most city centre sites, is excellent.
Early check in was denied promptly! This was a small inconvenience but the quick offer to hold the luggage was nice!
The Hotel has the standard décor of the chain and I found it in a very nice condition (room403). The room was very spacious and the super king size bed very comfortable! The standard bedroom also comes equipped with iron and board, a safe, small fridge and air-con! The Shower was powerful and plenty of hot water!
Very comfortable room!
Highly recommended!

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room better at the back of hotel away from the main street noise
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Dear Roberto V,

Thank you for your kind comments following your recent visit to the Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre. I am delighted to hear that we were able to deliver and exceed your expectations from a Holiday Inn. Regarding early check in request; whereas we do our best to cater for such requests, it may not always be possible due to being a popular destination hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 December 2013

I only stayed one night but fell ill the next morning. Jodie, Duty Manager was excellent. She organised the call to the paramedics; provided tea, coffee and biscuits for my fellow travellers; let me stay in the room until our coach collected us late afternoon and when I was feeling a lot better, looked in on me every half hour so that my fellow passengers could finish their shopping. She even gave me some chocolate. She was an absolute star!

With regards to the hotel itself it was everything I expected and the breakfast choice was brilliant.

I really recommend this hotel and it's staff. A big thank you to all, especially Jodie.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Julie J
Dear Julie J,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to share your latest experience at the Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre. I am delighted to hear your kind comments especially regarding a member of staff. I have taken the liberty to share your kind comments with the Hotel team, as such feedback gives that little extra incentive to do it even better the next time. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Gosport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 December 2013

We stayed here due to it's location to the town centre (Bullring, Victoria Sq & New Street station) and everything is much closer than it actually appears on the maps! The new entrance to the station is about 100 yards from the hotel and once you get your bearings it's a 5 minute walk to the Debenham's entrance at the Bullring.

The hotel was very busy with Christmas party goers at their function suites & the restaurant was not always open but the hotel is so close to China town you might be better eating there. We did eat in the restaurant one night and whether it's because they get business men with expense accounts but we thought the meals a bit expensive. Ok we did have steak but it didn't come with chips they were extra. So for steak & chips, one pint & one half of lager it cost £46 for the two of us. The bar has a terrace which might be nice to sit out on in the summer.

I don't think any of the rooms will be 'quiet', we were at the back over looking a multi storey car park & new street station but the bin men came about 8am making lots of noise but we were geting up then anyway.

The breakfast was very good, actually had fried bread which you don't find that often at Holiday Inn's but again very busy.

My only negative is that you walk straight in off of the street and theres the lift to all floors, you don't have to walk past reception so anyone could get in the lift to your lfoor. There is CCTV but reception was often very busy and I can't see how it can always be watched. When you've just walked past a few beggars on the street it makes you think.

Room Tip: I don' think it's possible to have a quiet room
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Bora001, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Dear Wendyonthesouthcoast,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to review your latest experience at the Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre. I am delighted to hear that we were able to accommodate and exceed your expectations from a Holiday Inn. Regarding pricing strategy at the Hotel restaurant, I can assure you that we are in line with similar markets within Birmingham. Also, being located in the heart of City Centre means that some extretnal noise will be present despite our best affords. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 December 2013

I stayed here on the 01/12/2013 and yet again what a friendly welcome by the staff on the reception, cant fault the housekeeping either very spotless clean rooms yet again.

every time i visit Birmingham city centre i always choose here has its very central for shops and railway station

Room Tip: executive rooms are excellent and you cant hear any noise as its double glazed windows
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Bora001, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Dear Robert D,

Thank you for your kind review following your recent visit to the Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre. I am delighted to hear that we continue to deliver your expectations from a Holiday Inn and to be your preferred Hotel in Birmingham. I have passed your kind comments on to all staff. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 7 December 2013

My experience was very limited as I stayed here for only one night. I faced an issue that hotel ended up booking me twice and later on charged me a no show on the other booking the next day. I had to then raise this to them later for course correction. Hotel location is very good and food was decent (tried a curry for dinner). Didn't get to taste their breakfast so cannot comment. Overall seemed like a value for money place to stay.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Bora001, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Dear Prashant G,

Thank you for your kind review. I am delighted to hear that we were able to deliver your expectations from a Holiday Inn. I am sorry to hear the shortfall you experienced with the booking system. We hope to welcome you back soon.

LONDON
Reviewed 4 December 2013

On arrival we were upgraded from a standard double room to an executive room (804). There was a birthday cake waiting for me in this room.
The reception staff were helpful and polite.
We stayed for breakfast the next morning and I would recommend this to anyone who likes variety and value!
Overall a thoroughly enjoyable stay and we will be back sooner rather than later.
Thank you very much Holiday Inn for a great gesture.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Bora001, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Dear ZDENKALondon,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your latest experience at the Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre. I am delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and the arrangements made to celebrate your birthday. I have taken the liberty to share your comments with the Hotel team as such feedback does give that little extra incentive to do it even better the next time. We hope to welcome you back soon.