“Get a high floor”

Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre
Ranked #67 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Basic Holiday Inn, very nice front desk staff. Note - restaurant is closed Sundays, for some unfathomable reason. Right across from the Chinatown area, tons of great restaurants nearby (including French, Italian, Continental.) If you are a club member, you will have to request a moring paper delivery. A bit noisy, so get a high floor. Otherwise perfectly fine.

Room Tip: Pick a high floor for quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Bora001, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Dear krashtest d,

Thank you for your recent review of your latest visit to the Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre. Being located in the heart of Birmingham City Centre (2nd largest city in the UK) can also mean that we have many party goers and heavy traffic around this area 24 hours a day. The Hotel bedrooms benefit from double glazed windows but I will raise your comments with the Birmingham City Council during my next meeting with them. We hope to welcome you back soon.

995 - 1,001 of 1,595 reviews

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Stayed one night. Normally stay elsewhere, but couldnt get in. Very close to New Street Station, which was great, as i had an early train. Pleasantly surprised by this Hotel, large Room, free wifi, breakfast good, and not overcrowded. Only downside, I stayed on the first floor overlooking the main road, and was woken a couple of times during the night by noise outside.....
However, I accept its a City Centre Hotel. Reception staff very friendly and helpful (I stupidly locked myself out of my room !)

Room Tip: Try for a higher floor, possibly not overlooking the main road
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Bora001, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Dear William R,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your latest experience at the Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to deliver your expectations from a Holiday Inn. Even though the Hotel benefits from double glazed windows, being located in the heart of Birmingham City Centre (2nd largest City in the UK), some noise can be expected. I will raise this matter once more with the Birmingham City Council where we have only limited control. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

As a national sports organisation we returned to the Holiday Inn after a successful stay in 2013. My previous review of that event is one I will stand by.Our party was over 100 strong and obviously of various needs. As one of the principal organisers I did not receive one complaint about the hotel at all. Our meeting requirements were met and organised meticulously. A gala dinner and cabaret on the Saturday evening was excellent. Particular thanks to Ruth Bennett, the assistant Conference Sales Manager who with her staff were first class in their response to our needs and care of our members, all of which made up for a most pleasant stay.Sadly it is our policy to move venues periodically and we will not be back in Birmingham next year. The two years with the Holiday Inn have been splendid and have set a high bench mark for others to follow.

Dear wildroverwales,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to review your latest experience at the Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre. I am delighted to hear your comments and have taken the liberty to share it with my team as it is always most encouraging to receive such feedback and it does give that little extra incentive to do it even better the next time. We hope to welcome you and party again in future.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

The hotel is located a few minutes away from new street station, however, as the station is having an extensive refurb it is very confusing. The location is amongst shops and restaurants and on first external impressions does not look inviting.
The check in was swift and the interior of the hotel is clean and welcoming.

The room was spacious with all the usual facilities and of a good clean standard.

The bathroom was also very clean, my only concern that the sink unit was very close to the bath/shower and I have ended up with a bruised as I banged it getting out! So be careful.

I slept really well and it was quiet. I was on the third floor.

Breakfast was busy at 8am, however, there were plenty of staff and food, the service was all self help Buffett, good range and it was all fresh. The tables were a bit close together which perhaps reflects their demand.

Overall it was a pleasant stay and I would highly recommend this hotel.

Dear DeerUk,

Thank you for your kind comments following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre. I am delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and that we were able to deliver everything you would expect from a Holiday Inn. I will pass your comments about the bathroom layout to our architects for future references. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Stayed for one night whilst off to NIA to see Fall Out Boy gig. Nice and central . Parking next door at NCP car park was easy and £12 for 24hrs. That simple. Excessive room on 8th floor was huge. Lovely big bed . Free wifi was nice too . I managed to open the window as it was a warm afternoon and the catch would not re shut the window. Called down and chap came up straight away . Window was no good so we had to change rooms . Down a floor , not a problem. Room was just a little smaller but all good. Was no real hassle. Had a good nights sleep which really was all that mattered . Closer hotels to the NIA are available but its worth looking at this because its so close to the station & city centre. We would deffo come back again . Did not have breakfast by the way .

Room Tip: 8th floor was good .
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Bora001, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Dear JamesBond0007,

Thank you for your kind review regarding your latest experience at the Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre. I am delighted to hear that we were able to deliver your expectations from a Holiday Inn and that you found the facilities to your liking. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

I stayed here with
My daughter on 21st March,friendly staff lovely clean room at back away from noise.Beware of hidden charges!! Did not know of£50 authorisation fee till I checked my bank! Hotel told me it will go back In account in couple of days no good when I wanted to spend it there! But apart from that a lovely stay & would go back.

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear Xlauren16,

Thank you for your recent comments following your visit to the Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre. I am delighted to hear that we were able to deliver your expectations from a Holiday Inn. Regarding authorisation of debit/credit cards, this is a common practise throughout the most major Hotel groups, to allow you to charge items to your bedroom bill throughout your stay. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

the room was lovely the rest of the hotel let it down staff on reception were not very good had to go back 3 times before getting our room even though they said they would come and get us in 5 mins so 2 hours later wasn't happy.

Food wasn't very good breakfast was cold and meal on the Saturday night wasn't very nice at all melon too hard to spoon it out, Lamb undercooked carrots rock hard only nice thing was potatoes

wont be back again

Room Tip: I had disabled room with a bath which is ok as long as not wheelchair bound
1  Thank Jacquiwoodward
Bora001, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear Jacquiwoodward,

Thank you for you recent review regarding your latest experience at the Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre. I am sorry to hear that you did not thoroughly enjoyed your stay. Regarding checking in experience, as advertised, the check in starts from 2pm on the day of arrival and any early arrivals will be subject to room being available. Concerning the food quality, I was most concerned to hear your comments and will be looking in to it with the relevant team members. Thank you for your constructive comments.