“Absolutely fabulous !!!!!!!!”

Plough and Harrow Hotel
Ranked #87 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 20 August 2013

We had our wedding reception here on the 10th August 2013 Darren and all of his staff were absolutely outstanding !!!!! They made our day special and complete. We can't fault anything and we can't thank them enough. Nothing was too much for them they looked after us and our guest every need.

A massive THANK YOU from Mr and Mrs Jackson mad hatters tea party we look forward to returning very soon.

• Stayed: August 2013
robertsmithph, Owner at Plough and Harrow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to write and for your lovely comments. I am really pleased everything was perfect for you and I will be very pleased to pass on your comments to Darren and the team. Thanks again and look forward to seeing you again soon

Reviewed 2 August 2013 via mobile

Very nice over night stay and a great deal on Cadbury world tickets..Breakfast wasgreat,all staff friendly and helpful..
Secure car park was great for us as we had bikes on a cycle carrier and didnt want to park on the street .Would stay again next time we are in the area..

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank PEARTREEHILLBOB
robertsmithph, Owner at Plough and Harrow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2013

Thank you ever so much for your lovely comments and hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 1 August 2013

I stayed here with a large group of friends that were playing Golf at nearby Edgbaston. The Room I had, although in a little need of decorating, sufficed and the bed was very comfortable. My greatest memory of the Plough and Harrow will be the meal that was served up to nearly 40 blokes on the Friday Evening. It was based on a Sausage theme as our golf society is named the "Golden Sausage Golf Society" - starters was mixed cold sausage platter including choritzo and salami's followed by bangers and mash but this was no ordinary bangers and mash as it included four different varieties of sausage including Venison, pork and leak and the Dambuster (black pudding bits inside it). Desert was the best which was what looked like a Hot Dog in a bun with chips, onion rings, tomato sauce and mustard but was really Chocolate in a choux pastry, shortbread fingers, apple ring donuts, with raspberry coulis and a mango coulis not forgetting the space dust to represent the sea salt - Absolutely brilliant - Eat your heart out Heston!!!
The convenience of the hotel near to the centre of Birmingham made this the ideal spot for our stay and I will return with my loved one for a city break sometime in the future.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Nigel C
robertsmithph, Owner at Plough and Harrow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to write and for your kind comments. I am really pleased you enjoyed the twist on the Hot Dog and will pass on your compliments to Toby. Look forward to seeing you again in the not too distant future and thank you again for taking the time to write

Reviewed 13 July 2013

Stayed here for one night,room a complete disgrace,wallpaper moldy and falling off the walls,crumpled nets filthy bath mat.no one at the hotel knew about the allowance for dinner,bed breakfast meal deal.Waitress asked four times what we wanted to eat and then called my husband a moron because he used the wrong spoon for soup,even though there wasn't,t a soup spoon to be seen!water on table but no glasses.couldn,t wait to leave.not worth the money, would rather stay in Travelodge

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank joycelot
robertsmithph, Owner at Plough and Harrow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to writ. I am very sorry you did not enjoy your stay and will discuss your comments with the people concerned, However I am sure the waitress did not call your husband a moron, perhaps you misheard. Thank you again for taking the time to write and once again my apologies for any distress caused.

Reviewed 15 June 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for the night in June. The location was great and so was the food. The downfalls were the cleanliness, my room was dusty and dated, and stains on the chair. The bathroom was dated an Olive/Green colour which was not pleasing on the eye and is in need of a refurb.

• Stayed: June 2013
robertsmithph, Owner at Plough and Harrow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2013

Thank you for your kind comments in regards to the food and overall service. I am sorry however for the cleanliness of the room and will take thos comments up with our cleaning company as we do not accept guests going into any room that is not cleaned to the highest of standards. Thank you again

Reviewed 15 June 2013

My friends and i attended our first murder mystery at the Plough and Harrow in June for a special birthday celebration.
We thouroughly enjoyed the evenings events and the murder mystery was great fun.
We had a few issues in getting drinks at the bar, with a very busy event with over a hundred guests the bar staff were very limited (one guy most of the evening) and the bar wasnt well stocked, every other drink had to be fetched from somewhere leaving the bar un-attended. Considering the waiting staff held it together and delivered good quality hot food in the "murder zone" i feel the bar side was a little dissorganised.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to write and I am very pleased you enjoyed yourselves. I will have a word with the bar team as there should be no delays. Thanks again and hope to see you again in the future

Reviewed 14 June 2013 via mobile

I stayed here specifically because I was on a training course that was facilitated at the hotel. Having read some mixed reviews I wasn't sure what to expect...however I'm pleased to day I had a really nice stay.
The hotel is about 20min walk into central Birmingham, it's a lovely building from the outside. I will concede some of the decor was a bit dated for my tastes but nonetheless was nice inside.
My room was clean and fresh. The bed while comfortable was probably ready for a new mattress as it was very soft - this my just be my personal preference though.
Staff can not be faulted, friendly and very attentive.
Facilities were good. My room did not have wifi but I got a router from reception on arrival so that was not a problem. The breakfast was fresh as expected.
The hotel is a bit of a maze on arrival but you soon find your way!
I'd defiantly stay again if I was staying in Birmingham

• Stayed: June 2013

Thank you very much for your kind comments and for taking the time to write. I will pass them on to the team and hope to see you again in the not too distant future