“Wonderful Hotel”

Ranked #36 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
newcastle
“Wonderful Hotel”
Reviewed 2 April 2013

I stayed here on business in March. The staff were helpful and the room was great. The car park is a bit on the small side, but I managed to find a space on both nights that I stayed.
I didn't use the restaurant as I had some work to do so I used the Room Service option and i must say that I found it prompt and very good quality.
I can't really add much more as i didn't use any of the other facilities at this hotel.
In short..
Room - very good
Staff - Excellent
Food - Very Good
Car Park - small, but does seem to meet the needs of the guests.
Would I stay here again...oh yes!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Kettering
Reviewed 28 March 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for a Christmas market trip, sadly we only stayed one of the two nights due to unforeseen circumstances. I emailed the hotel to ask if there was any chance we could still make use of the 2 nd night some time after. We had used tesco vouchers so I didn't hold out much hope, but the hotel agreed to let us use the 2nd night. When we arrived on a snowy sat afternoon we were met with complimentary hot chocolate, when we checked in the lady at reception asked how we were after our distressing time, then Desmond the security guy/ car park attendant/ porter also asked how we were, the fact that he remembered us was very touching. The staff clearly enjoy working at this hotel and it shows. Nothing was too much trouble, our room was lovely and warm and comfortable, the bath was steaming hot. The weather was horrid so we chose to eat in the hotel, we were not disappointed, breakfast was scrummy too. All in all a very pleasant stay at a warm and friendly hotel, unusual with such a large chain.

Severn Stoke, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 March 2013

I stayed here as part of a hen weekend, although I had single occupancy in a double room. We didn't eat at the hotel at all or use the pool (I did have a sneaky look), but only because we weren't staying long enough and had plans in the city.

The time I did spend in the room to shower, get ready for the night out and sleep was very pleasant, comfortable and met all requirements. Check-in was easy, the room was clean and spacious and I would not hesitate to stay here again for easy access to bars / restaurants and a passing visit in to Birmingham.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 March 2013

That's what you get at the Marriott - consistency. We needed a good hotel in Birmingham for a night, following a meal out with relatives. Our requirements were a hotel that was located centrally, quiet, clean, comfortable with polite and efficient staff. The Marriott met these requirements fully. Despite it being a very busy Saturday night, with both a wedding and a 50th wedding anniversary party to deal with, the staff were unruffled and as efficient as ever. The heavy snowfall had, however, caused havoc in the car park with the concierge overloaded with having to deal with dippy drivers, who abandoned their cars in the most inconsiderate of places and requests for Taxis (as no one wanted to walk anywhere).

Peterborough
Reviewed 22 March 2013

I have stayed here several times and it is a good Marriott city hotel. As with all Marriott hotels the beds are extremely comfortable and have very good quality bed linen and pillows which guarantee a good nights sleep.

Staff are usually very friendly and helpful. Breakfast is of a good standard and hotel well maintained.

Couple of negatives during my last stay is paying for wi-fi which everyone complains about and in all honesty hotels should include it now as standard as it can only cost them very little and I had 'Do not disturb' on my door and the cleaner came in my room at 9 am whilst i was in the bathroom which I think is unacceptable and it also happened to my friend who was also staying there by the same cleaner!.

Would not put me off staying here and are there again next week!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 March 2013

This is the second time we've stopped here on an overnight journey home. It is a lovely hotel, rooms comfortable and clean. The staff are 5star, of course I must admitt I have come to expect that from Marriott. I would only say that we were late down for breakfast, we were so comfortable that we overslept, and the food was only moderately warm. Of course we could have asked for fresh but we were very late. The service from the maitre d' was not good at all. However I must stress that this did not match all the other good service we received. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Parking is at an extra cost if you take a car.