Birmingham Marriott Hotel
The Edgbaston(Birmingham)
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
1,003 results
All reviewsbroad streetsteam roomcity centrecar parkspa facilitiesbreakfast was excellentgood sizelarge bathroomhotel is situatedthe room was nicecomfortable hotelreception staffvery pleasant staystayed for one nightfull englishpublic areasbrindley place
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 June 2013

We recently visited Birmingham and stayed at the Marriott.

This is a very neat and clean hotel. Standard in the rooms is high as you would expect from a Marriott. Rooms were very clean, bath room was also very bright and well equipped.

Our breakfast was included in the price. Breakfast Buffett was extensive with an omelette station making normal and egg white omelettes. Service in the restaurant was also very good.

The hotel is situated quite close to the Broad Street, which has an extensive range of night clubs and restaurants.

The only negative point is that the hotel charges guests for the use of their car park at £12 per day.

Overall, a very good stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 June 2013

Very recently, we stayed a few nights here in a suite. The lobby area was small but warmly inviting. There didn’t seem to be a porter so the front desk clerk assisted me with my bags. The suite itself was very nice with views onto central Birmingham. The bed was cozy and comfortable and fitted with luxury linens.

We ate breakfast here every morning and it was excellent and fresh. The indoor pool water was slightly cool but the room itself is quite warm.

If you are driving yourself, take care of the one-way streets that may confuse you to the location.

The service throughout our stay here was absolutely wonderful.

The location, room and services provided a very comfortable stay here.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 June 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Marriott for two days.
Receptionists and bar & restaurant staff very good.
Room spacious and comfortable with massive bed.
Easy reach for ICC and shops. The only problem was Midlands rain so I got soaked every time I left the hotel - but that's not the hotels fault. Really nice hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 7 June 2013 via mobile

We spent one night at this hotel, for the rate of 105 GBP inclusive of 20% VAT. Our experience was average: we experienced some problems at check in because the employee in charge put the wrong name in our room, with no elite benefits (we are Gold Member with Marriott). Then we were not given the special key to get electricity in our room and it took a while to fix this. But staff was generally nice and we had a nice dinner and breakfast at the hotel's restaurant. Room was old style with no mini bar and an old bathroom but still good.
So I was not totally happy with my stay but it was overall ok and considering the price and the fact that I am a loyal Marriott customer I would be back for sure.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 5 June 2013

I stayed for 1 night at this hotel, it is excellent. The bedroom (115), was large, and very clean. the evening meal and breakfast was excellent quality, with fried eggs cooked by Allan the chef in front of you.
The bar and restaurant staff, Letina, Victoria and Frederick are friendly. Frederiick gave me a chocolate bar for free, after I teased him for giving his staff chocolate bars !!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business