Birmingham Marriott Hotel
The Edgbaston(Birmingham)
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
1,003 results
All reviewsbroad streetsteam roomcity centrecar parkspa facilitiesbreakfast was excellentgood sizelarge bathroomhotel is situatedthe room was nicecomfortable hotelreception staffvery pleasant staystayed for one nightfull englishpublic areasbrindley place
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I stayed at the Marriott for one night stay in August. I was very impressed with the room and the bed was very comfortable and the air conditioning worked well. The hotel is located near to all the restaurants and bars so is in a great location if you are wanting to be close to the nightlife but yet far enough away to not be disturbed by any noise. The only thing I feel lets this hotel down is the price for the breakfast and parking i think this is very over priced. The staff were very helpful so couldn't fault them at all. Our friends stayed in a room and they had a problem with the air conditioning so the room was very hot, if i had been given there room my rating wouldn't have been so high. I would stay at this hotel if i was to visit Birmingham again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 September 2013

My husband and I stayed here in July 2013 while he attended an international conference at the ICC. It was a bit of a walk into town and the area around the hotel isn't very picturesque, but the hotel itself was very nice. The room was large and comfy and the buffet breakfast was great. The staff was very helpful in providing maps and advice. I would certainly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We visited Birmingham for a short midweek stay, the Marriott Hotel was well sited in the centre of Birmingham. The room was clean and very comfortable, the staff were extremely helpful they gave us a map of the city and pointed out places of interest. They directed us to the jewellery quarter and Cadbury world as well as local restaurants.

The hotel food was excellent and the pool was an added bonus altogether an enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: We had an executive suite which was slightly bigger than a standard room, it was a corner room with A/C very sunny with pleasant views.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My husband and I stayed here in Aug. 2013 as we were visiting my niece. I enjoyed the fact that it was outside city centre.... very easy to walk anywhere into the city. The rooms were clean and well appointed. Very large for European standards. The staff was very friendly and helpful. REALLY enjoyed the fact that they had free wifi....I do believe that it should be free for all Marriot Rewards members. The breakfast was good, buffet style....and the entire staff was very friendly and helpful...

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I stayed here a few months back and found the over experience to be an enjoyable one, the staff were extremely friendly. I didnt try any food but i did have a drink in the bar. Again was good. Room size was big and a very comfy bed. Breakfast was ok. I went out for dinner to a local restaurant recommended by one of the employees. A overall good visit and would love to stay there again.

Room Tip: Try and get a room at the back of the hotel as hotel is on a busy juntion and you may here some noise from the traffic.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo