Birmingham Marriott Hotel
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
Good 3.5/5
    1,002 results
    All reviewsbroad streetsteam roomcity centrecar parkspa facilitiesbreakfast was excellentgood sizelarge bathroomhotel is situatedthe room was nicecomfortable hotelreception staffvery pleasant staystayed for one nightfull englishpublic areasbrindley place
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 25 October 2013

We stayed at the Marriott for two nights last weekend to visit the Caravan show and then the half marathon the next day.

The hotel was pleasant in a very traditional style, but the car park barriers were very modern, with bollard style entry/exit barrier.

On check in the staff very very friendly, and gave us the VIP treatment as we are Marriott gold members.

Because of the race on Sunday, we were informed that the hotel was very busy. When arriving at our room, facing the front of the hotel, I was pleased to discover the usual Marriott comfy bed and pillows, and was very pleasantly surprised to discover a larger sized bath, and that the hotel wifi could be accessed in the bedroom, rather than just the public areas.

Around 4am the next morning, I awoke to the sound of dripping in the bathroom, but could not see any actual water leaks. A hour later we were woken again by a call from reception asking if we had left any taps running. The dripping became worse and it was impossible to get back sleep. I requested to move to another room, but there was only twin rooms left (which I am not crazy about).

I was assured that he leak would be fixed by the time we were planning to return later that day. So a couple of hours later we headed to breakfast (very tasty and loads of choice), then headed out for the day. We returned after dinner around 8.30pm, and due to the hotel being full, we had to double park in the middle of the hotel car park. We left our car keys with reception, so they could move the car once a space became available. As promised, the water leak had been fixed.

We received a call from reception in our room an hour after we had returned to our room. They informed us that our car had been broken into in the car park. We were devastated to discover that the driver side window had been smashed and the sat nav stolen from the glove compartment.

This is the point where the hotel staff really showed us the meaning of customer service. They we so very sorry about the situation, and several staff came outside and cleared up all the glass outside the car, and used bin liners and copious amounts of sellotape to ensure the car would be waterproof until the glass could be replaced. Clare (I think that was the name of the manager on duty) was so very kind and could not do enough for us, offering us the use of her office and providing us with the phone numbers for the police and insurance company. She also offered us free drinks from the bar to help with the shock!

As the glass could not be repaired until later the next day, we left our car keys with the hotel staff, who informed us that we didn't need to worry about checking out by midday, as we could have as late a check out as we needed in order to get the car sorted out. When we returned to the hotel after 1pm on Sunday, we discovered that the hotel staff had moved our car to a safe parking spot AND vacuumed all of the glass from the interior of the vehicle!

On check out, without any prompting from us, they had taken the two days of parking charges off our bill, as well as taking an additional 25% off of original bill.

The care and concern shown to us during our stay made a all the difference and I can't thank them enough. They cannot stop criminals (sadly the world is full of them), but they can restore my faith in my fellow man! Well done - I won't hesitate in recommending your hotel in the future.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
    1  Thank madmaz99
    Reviewed 23 October 2013

This hotel does not represent in any good way the name it carries, I have been in many Marriots and this one is more in line with a low cost hotel. Everything was cheap - from room decoration and finishing, toilet, shower to breakfast. I will surely not return. The location is as well not ideal - overlooking the parking lot of Morrisons.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
    Reviewed 23 October 2013

Having previously stayed at this central hotel I was really surprised to receive such poor service.
    The room was the same however the temperature had dropped significantly and the room was really cold, I tried to ring to get a blanket as there was a wafer thin quilt on the bed. 10 minutes no reply, got dressed and went to reception to report phone problem and cold room. Surly concierge was rude and confrontational, his customer service skills were dreadful and I actually felt quite intimidated by him. Lovely professional duty manager resolve the matter but ended up putting me in the Hanbury Suite which was great but I was just going to bed and a minor issue became a major incident. Also car park way to small, cars double parked and usual problem with selfish people in company cars. Marriott manager needs to keep a close eye on staff at this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
    Reviewed 23 October 2013

On arrival we were unable to access the car park as a cone had been placed in front of the barrier. I ran into reception to ask where we could park and was asked 'what are you here for?'. Some welcome - it would appear there were interviews of some sort being held in the hotel but perhaps an assumption that I was a paying guest might have been nicer!!!

The receptionist came out and removed the cone and advised we might have to double park until a space became free.

As someone else noted, on checking in we were handed the room card with no accompanying information whatsoever. When I asked what room / floor we were on, receptionist said they don't say it as someone else might hear. OMG Just point to it then please.

Room was bright and airy with full length windows. Bathroom was spotless with white fluffy towels and good quality toiletries - conditioner not supplied so remember to take your own.

Hubby used the swimming pool and steam room and was quite happy with the experience. Breakfast was just OK -

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 16 October 2013

Lovely room spotlessly clean with great staff. Breakfast very disjointed to many thinks going on none of it done well other than the freshly cooked poached eggs, self service but why? so many staff wandering doing not a lot checking their mobiles, other than the Blonde foreign waitress who was very attentive. Food was poor quality and had been sat around for far to long.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple