Birmingham Marriott Hotel
US$44
US$112
US$109
  • Restaurant
Bloc Hotel Birmingham(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$57
US$127
US$110
1,002 results
All reviewsbroad streetsteam roomcity centrecar parkspa facilitiesbreakfast was excellentgood sizelarge bathroomhotel is situatedthe room was nicecomfortable hotelreception staffvery pleasant staystayed for one nightfull englishpublic areasbrindley place
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 June 2014

An excellent experience in this hotel. My arrival was very early and the room wasn't ready. They made immediately made some call to get things moving and I was in the room within a couple of hours. Very courteous staff. I had booked the one bedroom suite and it was clean and well appointed. It's an older building and the furnishings, though comfortable were not what you would consider luxurious. The tub did make a squeaking sound while I moved around in the shower. All in all it was a very nice stay. clean and fresh and wonderful staff. My luggage was a day late showing up but the staff let me know as soon as it arrived.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Gordon T, Manager at Birmingham Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Thanks for your great feedback - I am delighted you enjoyed your suite and our staff were helpful. I will feedback this back to our housekeeping and front desk teams.

Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

This was my first visit to the hotel and it wont be the last. I got a really good deal for a weekend. The mobile check in service was really quick and efficient and was greeted with a personal card from the manager which was pleasing as it looked like the management have the time for their guests. The food was great and prices reasonable. Would certainly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Booked using Booking.com, nice hotel and had a lovely couple of days. However there were a number of things that we were disappointed with for this class of hotel. When we booked I mentioned it was a surprise for my sisters birthday and also requested a travel cot (we booked a family room with two double beds room 417).

We were able to check in from 3pm however our room still wasn't ready when we arrived at 3.30 and there was no cot in the room until we requested one. We were given vouchers for a complimentary drink in the bar which was appreciated and the reception staff were lovely. The lady on reception said as it was a birthday she would arrange for chocolates in our room but they never arrived. Once we arrived at the room (met in the corridor by housekeeping) who let us into our room it became apparent that the room hadn't been made up for 4 people as there only two bath towels and two hand towels and the shower curtain was soaking wet. The lady said she would arrange to get the shower curtain replaced, which she did. There was also dust on the bedside lamp and also on the large glass mirror, just. However only one more two arrived meaning two people had to share. Using the pool on Friday afternoon was fine, however its not a large pool and were very surprised to have swimming lessons in there on Saturday morning, we could still use the pool but with our children splashing around we did feel we were in the way. Seems a strange set up. We did have a lovely time and the hotel is nice, parking seemed expensive but we would return as its in a nice location, far enough away but the noise of a busy city but close enough to the life.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank CHCBorne
Reviewed 31 May 2014

having had a long day and eventually getting to the hotel to the words 'you've cancelled the room' are not what you want to hear!
The room was sorted but it took several attempts to explain that I do not leave a credit card with reception I finally got in the room
Pretty old fashioned and a bot threadbare in places the door handle on the inside stuck but no one seemed to take notice of that.
The tv didn't work so I had to call for another one! eventually about an hour and a half later i could relax and settle.
Morning was noisy with a business breakfast in so guests had to queue.
Not exactly a great stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I've stayed in a number of Marriott hotels but unfortunately this is not one of their best. The location is good and the rooms are spacious and comfortable but could do with updating. The bathroom could also have done with some fairly major repairs. Breakfast was good. The best part was the staff who were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business