“Superb hotel”

Birmingham Marriott Hotel
Ranked #23 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 30 August 2014

We booked this hotel as we were taking our daughter to Elmhurst Ballet School and we wanted a hotel near here, this did not disappoint. Excellent check in made nicer by a free upgrade to a suite and a free drink at the bar and 10% off the restaurant prices! Suite was immaculate and very comfortable, we could have stayed longer. Hotel immaculate in all areas. Staff were so pleasant and helpful. Restaurant food was excellent quality but rather expensive (£27 for a steak with no reduction for children on the steaks) and rather a limited menu. Nevertheless it was ample choice for us. I don't think the restaurant is very well used as there were only a few tables available and most of the area was set up in preparation for breakfast. Maybe this is perhaps due to the fact that just outside of the hotel there are many restaurants and bars. Breakfast was superb , staff very attentive and especially the chef at the omelette station. The only slight problem here could be the limited car parking facilities, we did park but had the last space available so I don't know where you could park if these were full. However we will definitely return to this hotel and are planning to book in here to do some Christmas shopping in Birmingham.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Gordon T, General Manager at Birmingham Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2014

Thank you for your feedback - I am glad that you found your room to be immaculately clean and comfortable. I was delighted to read that you found all our staff to be pleasant and helpful and we have really focused on our restaurant food - so I am pleased that you found it to be of excellent quality. As you commented, we do have limited car parking spaces, but on most occasions it is enough, but occasionally when everyone comes by car we do fill up and then our concierge will valet park for our customers.

Reviewed 28 August 2014

I recently stayed at the marriott hotel, the hotel location was brilliant, easy travel in the day, city centre was 10 mins walk away. From the moment I checked in, the stuff was brilliant, I was greeted by a very bubbly gentleman called Des & Julia was also brilliant who directed me to where all the areas are in the hotel, including a bar after a long travel a drink was much needed. The room was tidy very tidy, they was a swan on my bed made out of towel, it kind of made me just when I opened my door but it was a good surprise (must have taken time to make the origami swan). The spa was also good but was loud & couldn't relax with kids which I know the hotel has no control off so understandable. I ordered some room service food, I was very disappointed with the food as it looked good on the menu but in person, I don't think I touched much of it but the gentleman who delivered the good (I think his name was George?) was such a pleasure to talk to, we spoke about 10 minutes about all sort, he recommended me going down the restaurant, to which I took his advice & met Sam, brilliant he was. What I loved about Marriot was how genuinely the staff was, it wasn't scripted what they say, they spoke to you professionally & like a friend.

Recommend staying here!!!

• Stayed: August 2014

Thank you for your valuable feedback, as a management team we do use it to make improvements. Our housekeeping team will be delighted that you recognised their origami swan - they are rather proud of them! It is nice hearing you mention a number of our hosts by name, we do encourage all the team here to take the time to get to know our guests and make you feel at home whilst you are staying with us. I am sorry the room service was disappointing but I am glad that your experience in the restaurant made up for it.

Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

Good sized, comfortable twin room. Minimal dealings with staff, but they were polite and courteous. City centre a taxi ride away.
The only downside was no free wifi. Surprising in such a well known hotel chain.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank BlondeC

Thanks for your feedback. I am glad you liked our twin room and found all our staff to be both polite and courteous. Our location means you can walk to most of the City centre, but it is worth jumping in a taxi, from the rank outside if you are going to the other side of town. We do charge for our high speed internet in the bedrooms, but consistent with the rest of the brand we do offer it free in all our public areas on the ground floor.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

We stayed for the weekend as a large party of ladies. All staff were excellent. Rooms were spacious and clean. Food in restaurant was very good, breakfast was especially good. All of our needs were catered for very well. Overall a great stay at the mariot

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Gordon T, General Manager at Birmingham Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to feedback on your stay with us - it is so useful to hear directly from guests about their experience. I was delighted that you rated the food in restaurant as very good and that you really enjoyed breakfast. Your comments about the staff are greatly appreciated and I will ensure that this is passed on. Please do come back and stay with us again.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

The hotel is situated just outside city center with an easy access. It has a good parking and a supermarket is right next door, should you need it.
Hotel restaurant and spa area are good.
All the areas are spotless and really nice, rooms are really spacious, the shower could have been a little more powerful but overall experience is really good. Definitely a good choice and a great price!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thanks for your feedback about the hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your meal in our restaurant and were able to use our spa faclitiies. It is a given that the hotel should be kept spotlessly clean, especially the bedrooms and public areas- but none the less, on what was an extremely busy weekend for us, I was very pleased to to know that we didn't let our standards slip.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

We stayed in the Marriott hotel as part of a Spa Package for my friends Hen party. We had a great time from arriving at the hotel to leaving the next day. Customer service skills were outstanding and the staff couldn't do enough to help us. Des is a great guy to have as someone to first meet when you arrive and the restaurant staff were also impressive. The rooms were larger than we expected and had everything in we needed. We only had 1 little blip due the table not being ready at the time we booked it for but this was sorted very quickly, efficiently and in a professional manner. We used the spa facilities and had a treatment, again all staff stepped up to the mark and made our relaxing morning very enjoyable. Thank you

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Thanks for taking the time to write to us to tell us about your stay. It sounds as though your hen party was a real success and it was lovely to hear that you felt that we took great care of your party from the beginning to the end of your stay.

I met up with our leisure and Spa team today to pass on your appreciation to them.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

When visiting customers in the Midlands, I usually stay in a hotel with leasure club outside of Birmingham. This time I opted for the Marriott in the center of the city. I did not regret the choice. The staff was very professional, from check in till check out. I had a superior king room, with plenty of room, a spacious and very clean bothroom and large king size bed. The swimming pool is not maent for many people swimming laps (about 10-12m in length) but is ok if there are not too many paople in it and you don't mind shprt laps.
My corner room was facing two streets, but I was not bothered by noise at night.
Breakfast buffetstyle, the eggs are made to order, which makes a big difference.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Thanks for your lovely feedback about the hotel. We are really proud of our breakfast offering and I do think it is a real point of difference to other city centre hotels that we provide eggs, omlettes and waffles made to order. There are many advantages of our central location. It is so easy to exlore either on foot from here or using the nearby stops for the train into new street, buses, or the taxis rank opposite.