“Great value for money!”

Birmingham Marriott Hotel
Ranked #23 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 23 November 2010

This hotel has been my favourite for business travel in Birmingham - I go to Birmingham annually and this was my third visit. Simple and friendly staff evere willing to help, spacious comfortable rooms well furnished and warm efficient service in restaurants (these are perhaps not fancy, but again great value for money and the service really makes you feel welcome at the hotel). A nice compact gym that is available from 6 am to 10 pm and central location with convenient outlets and the happening places and rail station not too far - walkable distance unless the weather gets unpleasant - make Birmingham Mariott a great value proposition - I doubt whether I will ever try another hotel in Birmingham so long as Mariott is around! keep up the great service, look forward to being there again! Free internet access is my only request for consideration - that would go a long way to help business travellers like me who may want to catch up on important messages! Hope they provide this in future.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business

Reviewed 16 November 2010

We booked and stayed for 3 nights, Cost 520 euros for 3 nites, when we got there we were told it would be an extra 30 euro for breakfast each morning, Breakfast was awful, very limited choice, hot breakfast buffet was cold, very average dining and breakfast area.When we checked in we were told that our room was a smoking room which we did not book, neither of us smoke and that there was no other room to change too, why would you book a smoking room when we did not smoke, receptionist was not very helpfull, then when we got to our room, there was no hot water, complained to reception and had hot water the following night. Not a 5 star hotel, have stayed in much better 4 star and even 3 star hotels, avoid avoid avoid, much better hotels to say in Birmingham and will cost you half the price of the "5 Star" Marriot.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank johnnyc72
Reviewed 4 November 2010

I stayed at this hotel following a very late night working in a building close by.

I called the telephone booking line and was quoted a price. I decided to book in when I got there rather than on the phone.

I arrived at 2:00am. As the hotel is big I expected a couple of members of staff to be on the reception desk. There was no-one there. I waited a while and then finally someone came from a back room. he had a lot of problems checking me in on the system. Eventually a second man arrived and completed the transaction, but i had to go through an awful lot of explaining to him about the price quoted by telephone, eventually a colleague who was also staying at the hotel explained that we were working for the government and had a special rate. That sorted it. By now we had been there for around 15 minutes though.
We asked if the bar was open. The first man (I believe he was the head porter) was very kind and opened the bar for us and made fresh coffee. I was surprised by the level of serivce at this time in the morning - it was excellent.
My room was very large with a big bed, double wardrobe, television and lovely bathroom. I slept well until the traffic woke me. The location is great for me as it is opposite where I was working. It is not so great for anyone wanting to stay in the centre of Birmingham. It is quite noisy (I had a room facing fiveways island) and the area immediately around it is not so nice (I wouldn't walk there alone at night).
I would stay again if I needed a hotel quickly, but I have stayed in better hotels in Birmingham for less money.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 September 2010

Enjoyable weekend stay. Nice hotel situated on a busy roundabout, its easy to miss the hotel entrance. Lovely large room and bathroom, clean and well decorated [carpet a bit bright, height of fashion in the 70's!] Could not hear any noise from the busy roads outside or from other rooms.
Dinner on the first night was very good but the service was a little on the slow side. Breakfast was very nice with plenty of choice.
Walked into Birmingham, took about 20-30 mins. Excellent for shopping, all the large department stores and plenty of small independant shops something for everyone. Recommend the Blue Mango an excellent Indian resturant, a modern twist on the traditional.
Parking a the hotel is quite expensive but it is secure. Train station around the corner, handy after a long day shopping and you dont want to walk back.
Would definately return if we can get a good weekend deal again.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2010

Not a bad hotel, booked online and got a deal and was upgraded as they did not have a standard twin room available.
Spa area was nice, strangbe lack of a sauna. Couple of mix ups with staff not understanding requests. Location ok, but more central hotels available. Parking is also quite pricey.
Breakfast was ok, standard Marriott buffet.
Would stay again if could get an online deal.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank bristolkevin
Reviewed 15 September 2010

I chose to stay at this hotel after reading the reviews of the various hotels in birmingham city centre. I must say I was very pleased with my choice. The lady at check in was very helpful and polite. Our room was spotless with a huge bed and very good furnishings. Wide flatscreen tv and excellent bath and shower.

There were children staying next door to us and we didn't hear anything from the other rooms nor from the outside traffic. As a bonus because of location and possibly cost, there were no ro.wdy partying groups, n lots of family and business people staying.

The leisure club was very relaxing with 17m pool, and steam room and jacuzzi. We were lucky as it wasn't too crowded as it is quite a small area.

I ould certainly stay at this hotel again and would recommend it to friends

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 July 2010

As the title of my review says.. i can't fault it- and i'm very fussy! Everything was spot on. The bed was huge and comfy, there was plenty of hot water, everywhere was spotless. staff were attentive and friendly, breakfasts were substantial, with a wide range of food and drink to chose from. the pool/jacuzzi was a real treat. Parking straight outside, although this was £10 a day/night. Still very convenient though in a city centre location.
Slept like a log, pitch black and quiet- bliss :)
Can't wait to go back. Special thanks to Josefine on reception for her help in finding us a table for Saturday night.... she was great!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple