“Nice hotel, great city centre location.”

Hyatt Regency Birmingham
Ranked #7 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 18 April 2012

This is a perfect location if you want to enjoy Birmingham city centre shopping & night life. I had a pleasant stay. The staff were helpful and friendly, although could be a bit less uptight. The cost of using of the wi-fi was a bit expensive. I didn’t eat there so I can’t comment on the food. The lobby is large and impressively designed. I had a standard double room on the 16th floor; nice view, the room was a good size with all of the usual conveniences; safe, iron, hair dryer, kettle, tea & coffee provided, mini-bar. My bed was comfortable, I slept well. There is no complimentary drinking water. I found it very tricky to get the water temperature right in the shower you’ve got to mix the hot and cold by adjusting the bath taps, alternatively you could have a bath if you had the time. When I’m back in the city I would definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank SeosamhOC
Write a ReviewReviews (3,250)

Reviewed 18 April 2012

I Often ned to go to Birmingham for work and its the only hotel Id choose to stay in

large rooms, quite modern clean really helpful and friendly staff

I had an executive suite which was lovely and gave me access to exec lounge, free food drink newspapers TV, computers printers breakfast

Very central to all shops restaurants the city and porters always so helpful with dircetions carry your bags!! Very good place

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Stayed one night for our wedding anniversary. Received complimentary upgrade. Rooms are large and comfortable - with fantastic views. Extremely comfortable - and you walk outside straight onto Broad Street, Brindley Place. Symphony Hall etc. Great service - all topped off by a good quality breakfast. Hard to fault anything - would definitely recommend

Room Tip: higher the better!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WychwoodWanderer
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Great location, comfy rooms and beds, nice size bathroom, great view from floor to ceiling bedroom windows.

The only fault for me was the breakfast, I appreciate that a buffet style, but the hot food had dried out, hash browns were over cooked and I had to ask to get a coffee!! After waiting for anyone who looked like they wanted to help (or pick up used dishes from other tables), I had to get up and go find someone. After a waiter agreeing to get a coffee, he obviously forgot, so I approached a different guy in a suit. He then finally got my coffee arranged for m daughter to have a free pancake in return for poor service.

Leisure facilities very good and clean.

Reception staff very helpful, although a big queue at reception to check-out. All in all a good hotel, other than the catering staff.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Claire H
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Stayed on a number of individual nights over a number of months in 2011 -

Efficient, clean, professional, spacious rooms

Aside from the usual above average cost on room service, pay for wifi, this hotel is a great place for business when in brum.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Mark P
Reviewed 11 April 2012

My wife and I stayed on 26th March. I have stayed at several hotels in Birmingham, the Hyatt is the best by far. Reception was extremely professional and friendly, with impressive public areas. The lifts are glass fronted and have a view over the city. The rooms themselves seem to have been recently renovated and in excellent condition/decor. We used the leisure club, and this had also been renovated a couple of months ago. This has a proper size lap pool and excellent changing facilities. We did not eat or drink at the hotel, so cannot comment on this aspect. However, Birmingham has no shortage of great places to eat and drink within a short walk of the Hyatt anyway. The only thing I cannot understand is why this is not classed as a 5 star hotel as it is so clearly better than any of the other 4 star chains i have stayed in. I think a stay at the Hyatt feels special and would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank extratester
Reviewed 11 April 2012

This hotel is right next to, and connected by an enclosed bridge to, the International Conference Centre (ICC) in the very centre of Birmingham. My guess is that many people who stay here are attending conferences and in many cases someone else is paying.

I have found in other hotels that this has led to a "don't care" policy and poor service. This is not the case with the Hyatt.

This hotel has all the facilities (and some of the faults) of a large 4* hotel run by a chain. Good sized rooms, good food (though pricy and breakfast was a bit unimpressive in terms of quality), a decent sized swimming pool (by hotel standards) which is warm, steam room, sauna gym etc. It is clean and the staff are helpful. It does tend to be a little soulless though large windows and good views compensate somewhat.

I had one incident worth reporting. I lost the key to my locker in the pool area. It was totally my fault but I was concerned that it took the hotel some time to locate a master key. But they were most helpful and the Manager phoned afterwards to apologise and offered a bottle of wine as an apology.

I think this is the third time I have stayed at the Hyatt. Although I didn't have a problem others have reported problems with noise from parties. I guess this can happen anywhere and is possibly more likely in the centre of a large city.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business