“Loved this hotel!”

Hyatt Regency Birmingham
Ranked #7 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 11 November 2012 via mobile

I loved my stay at this hotel, nothing was too much for the staff and everything about the place was such a high standard. I got breakfast delivered to the room which I think would have been enough to feed 6 of me! Would definitely go back!

• Stayed: December 2011
Write a ReviewReviews (3,301)

Reviewed 10 November 2012

Myself and my travel partner stayed in this hotel for 2 nights. Upon arrival, the concierge was extremely helpful and this continued throughout our stay. However, as most other people have pointed out, the reception staff were not as welcoming.

Initially we had only booked for one night, but we decided to extend our stay as some of our friends were staying the extra night too. When we asked about booking the extra night, we were glared at and advised we would have to go back in the morning. That evening we ate in the bar area and had a few drinks with our friends. The service at the bar was second to none, we pretty much didn't wait more than 5 minutes for the staff to notice our glasses were empty and them being topped up, even after the bar got quite rowdy.

The next morning we were due to check out and go to another hotel, which was closer to the venue of the show we were attending. However, as I explained we had fiends staying at the Hyatt, so we went down to reception to check in for another night. The female staff member that we spoke to was incredibly rude. When I asked if there was rooms available so that we could add an extra nights stay, she looked over at another staff member, rolled her eyes, and loudly asked "I don't know, have we got any rooms available or not?" The other staff member proceeded to check the computer with this lady looking over her shoulder. Eventually they agreed that there was rooms available. When I requested the same room (SHOCK HORROR!), she said she would have to check that too. After around about 45 minutes at the check in desk, we had finally managed to book in to the same room for 1 extra night.

After speaking to our friends, they advised they were going to be staying on at this hotel for a couple more nights - suffice to say, we did not. We moved to the Hilton Metropole the day after.

Apart from the reception/check-in staff, the Hyatt is actually a lovely hotel. The views are amazing, it is very clean, the rooms are reasonably spacious, and the food is tasty and well cooked. I would recommend it to others, but I would recommend you ignore the attitude of the check-in staff - you only really have to deal with these people twice during a stay. For most other enquiries, the concierge is the most helpful I've ever encountered.

Room Tip: The higher up, the better! The views are spectacular.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 November 2012

I was attending a conference in Birmingham so stayed at the Hyatt. I was upgraded to a Regency Club room on the 22nd floor. The Club was very quiet - I have never seen only 2 people in there in the evening. The upside was that there was plenty of food and service was good. As I was working I ordered room service. The service was quick but the steak was only OK and the vegetables were cold.

Breakfast in the Club lounge - I was the only person there. Food selection for breakfast is poor but plenty of coffee and juice.

Staff are always very friendly at this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 November 2012 via mobile

I stayed for one night on a business trip. I really enjoyed my stay.

The gym facilities were excellent. My room was lovely and room service was very tasty. All the staff I encountered were great.

I stupidly left my Kindle in my room and it was returned to me with no trouble at all via special delivery. I really appreciated this, as this was entirely my fault!

Would definitely stay again if I am ever in Birmingham.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 5 November 2012

My friend and I were having a girlie weekend in Birmingham and got a deal at the Hyatt. The room was on the 19th floor, very comfortable and had great City views. The staff were fantastic and could not do enough for us, and the steak we ate in the restaurant for dinner was the best Ive tasted in many years.

The chaps on the concierge were helpful from the moment I stepped out of my car and their good humour was infectious.

I will definately be back for more!

Room Tip: You will be offered canalside or cityside - both are lovely. We were in 1908 so commanded a brillia...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 November 2012

the services of the hotel are really high-standard, in particular I appreciated the competence and at the same time friendliness of the receptionists! All very corteous and nice (thanks Manuela, Muhamed etc-and the manager of course!)
Very rich breakfast in an elegant setting
very clean room with breath-taking view
plenty of comforts !
the position is really central : luckily the hotel seems to be soundproof!
Round the corner you have Brindley and the passages along the canals are really romantic !
Just opposite The Auditorium, The Pre-Raphaelites' Collection and the city centre
last but not least: at Hyatt you can opt for a SMOKING room! Fantastic for a smoker like me!
Surely you'll see me again!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 November 2012

I agree with JS Cindy. Exactly the same experience wehad to endure with the reception and spa staff. We stayed for seven days and continued to receive same treatment, everything was too much trouble they didnt even break a smile. Fortunately the breakfast staff were welcoming.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple