“A perfect stay...” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
coleshill
“A perfect stay...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2012 via mobile

A busy hotel ideally located in Birmingham City Centre.. Shopping, bars etc are all in walking distance. Room was spacious and bed lovely and comfortable.. Large bathroom with fluffy robes.. Great view from the window that was almost the size of the wall that housed it. Really enjoyed my stay, would highly recommend it.

• Stayed November 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (581)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Macclesfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2012

For a pre--Christmas treat, we stayed at the Hyatt Regency for a night last week because it was so close to the Indoor Arena and the Spanish Riding School display. We couldn't fault the staff, the decor, or the room comfort, size and layout. It was such a treat to find there was somewhere in the bathroom to put our stuff (very unusual!) - and a mirror right next to the desk/dressing table so I could do my hair and make-up. We stayed on the 22nd floor, so had free access to the Regency Club and enjoyed the canapes before our show as well as the buffet breakfast next morning - all included in our room rate, booked on the internet. Just three small moans - 1) our fish at lunchtime was overcooked; 2) it was impossible to get through to Room Service when we returned to the hotel after the Show (we had to use my mobile to dial the switchboard and get through). However, the service was then excellent and the food delicious; 3) the apple juice at breakfast was of the brown, reconstituted variety, when freshly pressed (even out of a pack) would have been so much nicer. But all in all, I would thoroughly recommend this hotel and would certainly return.

Room Tip: Room rates on floors 22 to 24 include entry to the Regency Club for free tea, coffee, drinks, canape...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2012 via mobile

Stayed on Saturday night: 22 floor: Regency Club floor, good room size, great bed, fantastic views across the city. Regency club was god, but spoiled by chavs earring and drinking their fill. Bar very good as was front desk service

Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Leicester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2012

We stopped for one night at the Hyatt (17th November 2012) whilst going to see the Spanish Riding School at the National Indoor Arena.

We couldn't have been more pleased with the hotel. Wonderful location right on Centenary Square within easy walking distance of Brindley Place with many restaurants, the Town Hall area etc. The German Christmas Market had just started and there was a funfair in Centenary Square which we were looking out over. We were on the 8th floor.

Other reviewers have noted that the car park is a little distance away. We did not find it too bad for a city centre location and apparently if you drive to the hotel first they will arrange to come and collect you by car from the car park (and in reverse when leaving). Car park was £13 for 24 hours which we thought very good for its location, and we paid at the hotel reception when checking out so we could drive straight out of car park without using the Pay Station.

We found the reception staff very pleasant and efficient. The room was large, spotless and had a very good, roomy bathroom. We were pleased to find we could get Sky TV free in the room as we wanted to watch a rugby match in the afternoon! However, we could not get the Internet on our iPad on our Vodafone SIM card (we wondered if reception was blocked?) and the hotel wi-fi was chargeable. Breakfast (buffet) was very good and included in our room rate.

We would very happily stay at this hotel again if in Birmingham. It was lovely not to have to travel home after our show and have a lie in and a leisurely drive back on the Sunday.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NellGarlinge
Bedford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2012

I spent a night at the Hyatt Regency Birmingham this week and was very impressed. The hotel is very central to the cities night life, but is an oasis of quality away from huberis of Birminghams teaming nocternal delights. My room on the 20th floor was bright, clean with a I spent a night at the Hyatt Regency Birmingham this week and was very impressed. The hotel is very central to the cities night life, but is an oasis of quality away from hubris of Birmingham’s teaming nocturnal delights.

My room on the 20th floor was bright, clean with a very comfortable bed, and a fantastic panorama of the cities neon vista. I dined in the hotel’s restaurant which whilst very good is somewhat pricey. Two courses and wine cost £58. That said the hotel markets itself as one the premium venues in the city and largely lives up to it.

The staff are first class, the concierge who took my bags from the drop of, area the restaurant staff (who were knowledgeable about their menu and wine) to the very pleasant reception staff. The only two minor issues I have are, Car parking (whilst included in the cost of my stay) is 5-10 minutes’ walk from hotel, and the cost I paid £165 B&B whilst my two clients paid £90 for identical rooms, which left a mild after taste in my mouth. In all other respects very highly recommended
very comfortable bed, and a fantastic panorama of the the cities neon vista. I dined in the hotels restaurant which whilst very good is some pricey. Two courses and wine cost £58. That said the hotel markets itself as one the premium venues in the city and largely lives up to it. The staff are first class, the the conciege who took my bags from the drop of, area the the restaurant staff (who were noledgable about their menu and wine) to the very pleasant reception staff. The only two minor issues i have are, Carparking (whilst included in the cost of my stay) is 5-10 minetes walk from hotel, and the cost I paid £165 B&B whilst my two clients paid £90 for identical rooms, which left a mild after taste in my mouth. In all other respects very highly recommended.

Room Tip: Drop of luggage if arriving in your own car, its a long walk from the car park
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Fleetwood, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2012

Stayed here 10-11th nov ,rooms really comfortable very clean ,bell hop can't do enough for you ,we were there for slimming world ,woman of the year at the ICC next door as you may or may not know there is a bridge connecting the Hyatt to the ICC so no need for you ladies hair to get ruined lol ,breakfast a bit pricey ,very central for shopping and you can leave your car all night and day £15 ,man u were staying there with alex ferguson ,playing Aston villa on sun 11th

Room Tip: Choose a high floor for a quiet stay and good view
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2012 via mobile

I loved my stay at this hotel, nothing was too much for the staff and everything about the place was such a high standard. I got breakfast delivered to the room which I think would have been enough to feed 6 of me! Would definitely go back!

• Stayed December 2011