“The Perfect Party!”

Ranked #7 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“The Perfect Party!”
Reviewed 14 March 2013

I had an absolutely fantastic 40th birthday at the Hyatt last Saturday.

Everything went to plan, the level of service was exceptional, the layout and presentation of the rooms was exactly how I envisaged it to be.

I only had 2 weeks to get everything sorted out due to a last minute cancellation by the Blue Piano restaurant which I had originally provisionally booked. Therefore as you can imagine I really appreciated how professional and flexible the team at the Hyatt were with ensuring that all my requirements were captured quickly and efficiently. I was particularly impressed with how the team were only too happy to accommodate some of the bespoke requests that I had, absolutely everyone that I dealt with at the Hyatt was professional, friendly and a pleasure to work with.

I had some last minute changes to make due to unforeseen circumstances and the banqueting team were great with helping me sort everything out and they ensured that my day was stress free.

The food was delicious and the service was excellent, I had no complaints from any of my guests and we all had a truly wonderful time.

I decided to stay the night after my party and my room was very comfortable. It would be great if there was at least one bottle of complimentary water included in the room charge as the cost of a bottle from the mini bar is quite dear at around £3.75 from memory.

Based on the whole experience that I had from the initial telephone conversations planning through the event to the end delivery of the perfect party, I can honestly say the level of service was first class and I most certainly would consider booking another event at the Hyatt in the future.

Special thanks to Petrina Johnson in Sales and the whole team including Kelly and Mehmet for making my 40th birthday celebration one that I'll never forget.

Beverley

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Bev G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (609)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 13 March 2013

Stayed here for a night in 2012 and this time spent 4 great nights in a room on the 19th floor. The Hyatt is ideally situated for concerts at Symphony Hall and only a short walk to the lively Brindley Place area (many eateries to choose from) and the shopping at the Bullring or Mailbox.

Without exception the staff were friendly & helpful, the food in the hotel was well worth staying in for on a cold Sunday evening and the cocktails in the bar were marvellous, including the non-alcoholic variety (I am reliably informed).

Didn't try the gym or pool but was told that theses facilities were first class. Would I stay again? Without hesitation.

Room Tip: Higher floor means less late night noise from Broad Street.
Yeovil, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 March 2013

Just returned from a four night stay and everything about the hotel was exceptional. From check-in to check-out the staff were polite, friendly, helpful and made us feel welcome and valued, nothing was too much trouble. We were asked if we wanted to be up high or down low and ended up on the 19th floor, when it wasn't foggy the views are stunning and the room comfortable and spacious. The gym and pool are among the best I have experienced in a hotel, the food and service in the restaurant was outstanding and all the bar staff were knowledgeable and helpful in our cocktail endeavours! I was ill during our stay and, at every opportunity, was offered something to ease my sypmtoms (hot toddy, tea etc.) and increase my comfort, which was lovely.

Room Tip: The street below is busy day and night so I guess the higher up you are, the less you hear the noise...
1 Thank Froodle
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 12 March 2013

I've stayed in this hotel before because of its great location near Brindley Place and the NIA. The one thing that really irked me was that there is no Wifi in the public areas. Most people just want to access emails and maybe post a photo on social media, and at £10 a day the Hyatt Wifi is too expensive for that. Maybe that's why a lot of the visitors seem to be businesspeople on expenses and why, although it's well-maintained, it's a bit soulless.

Room Tip: Great views from the higher floors
Tewkesbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Just stayed for the weekend. The hotel is ideally situated near Broad Street, Brindley Place, and the City Centre. The staff were extremely friendly and welcoming. The room was lovely with stunning views (we were on 19th floor). There are 4 lifts so you never really have to wait for one. The gym and pool / fitness suite were brilliant also. Really well designed - in the basement and the lift takes you straight there (so you don't have to walk through the lobby in your gym kit like you do in most hotels). Only complaint would be the mens' changing area here. Very small - much too small really considering there are over 70 lockers and only one bench. I found the toilets unclean, rubbish on the floor, and the soap dispensers empty. I brought this to the attention of staff though and someone came in very soon afterwards and started to sort it out. The jacuzzi, steam room, and sauna were all really excellent though, as was the gym equipment.
We were able to pre-purchase breakfast for only £10 per head - it was really worth this as it was an excellent buffet (only slight omission would be the lack of fried eggs - scrambled only I'm afraid). The TV in the room wasn't great - you had to go through several menus just to watch normal television, which was a bit tedious. The ensuite bathroom was great - very well stocked.
Overall a lovely hotel and would thoroughly recommend.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
KINGSWINFORD
Reviewed 11 March 2013

When we have visited Symphony Hall in the past we have had trouuble parking the car and as my husband is a wheelchair user it can make life very difficult. So we decided to stay at the Hyatt whenever we go to a concert. Everything about it is first class. The staff are exceptional, the hotel is in a superb location with a very disabled friendly room. If you experience any difficulty they all go out of their way to sort things out for you. The food can be expensive but is well worth the price as the waiters are all friendly and attentive and the food is exceptional.No more racing around looking for a car parking space when we can enjoy this luxury and just saunter over the bridge to the concert.!!!! Although retired it is one luxury I dont want to give up !!!!I would highly recommend this hotel to antone.

Room Tip: The disabled room we use is on the fifth floor but we never experience any noise problems from the s...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RIA R
Porthcawl, Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Excellent, a great city center location for all those important events and entertainment, i enjoyed waking up to a welcoming breakfast, the start of your day is important.

Lots of areas for your pleasure, i thoroughly enjoyed the spa and leisure facilities, children love this too.

location is great being in the center of the city, with all those important venues and theaters, with symphony hall adding that extra touch.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business