“Probably the best hotel in Birmingham!”

Hyatt Regency Birmingham
Ranked #6 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
Barnsley, United Kingdom
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 3,851 helpful votes
“Probably the best hotel in Birmingham!”
Reviewed 2 June 2013

I have stayed in all the good hotels in Birmingham & this has to be the best. From the moment the concierge team take your bags & park your car, you know the service & hotel are going to be top notch.
Rooms have great views of the city landscape & are well appointed & comfortable. Try to get a high floor to maximise the view & avoid traffic noise.

Room Tip: High floor are best for the view.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Leedsaway67

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (614)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2013

I have been lucky enough to have stayed at some of the best hotels around the world and my stay at the Hyatt in Birmingham on 21st and 22nd May 2013 was brilliant. It was a business trip where I was making a presentation to a few hundred people so I really needed a haven to relax in and the Hyatt provided that superbly. I could not find anything that was not done courteously and efficiently and also with good grace and humour. The concierge were great as was reception. That is always a good start. Top quality rooms, room service and breakfast. A real pleasure to come back to after a busy day. Birmingham has been on the move in recent times and is lucky to have such an excellent hotel that matches its ambitions.

Room Tip: If you can try to get on the 24th floor where the views are spectacular
1 Thank Roger F
Wilts
Reviewed 31 May 2013

They say you get what you pay for. And that, in many ways is true, but regardless of what price I've paid to stay at the Hyatt, Birmingham, ( and I stay here frequently) I've never been disapointed.

To sum up my latest stay (bank holiday weekend- May 2013) I would say it was perfect.
Staff here are so attentive. It's an American company and you get exemplary customer service from the moment you arrive at the front door to the moment you check out.

The hotel is clean throughout, supplies are plentiful (in the room and the commual/social areas) and staff are happy to help (this makes a huge change to the usually abrupt reception you get in lower class hotels, and as much as it pains me to say this, usually by English staff). Most of the staff here are from overseas and therefore the expectation that you are rewarded based on your service is still part of their thinking.

I ate in the hotel restaurant on two occasions: firstly for an evening meal (£29 for three courses and two glasses of quality wine) and secondly for afternoon tea (£19 for a selection of sandwiches, cakes and scones and plentiful tea). On both occasions the service and food was faultless ( I personally didn't like the chocolate cake, but that's personal preference).

The pool/spa and fitness suite is fantastic and well equipped with towels and shower products (although the quality of the products is poor) and the changing rooms are clean and tidy at all times. Spa treatments are pricier than other hotel spas and availability is limited but the treatments are good quality.

My personal sports towel was mistakenly taken in the hotel's laundry on this occasion and I've since heard that it won't be found so the hotel have offered to replace this.

The only downside to my stay was the very, very firm bed. I had to use the blanket provided as an under sheet cover, but this is, of course, personal preference.
Overall an excellent stay again.

Would I return: definitely
Would I recommend: Yes, and with confidence.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kelasarj
Prenton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Stayed on a Saturday night, from the time we arrived until we checked out we were treated like celebrities and definitely valued guests.

The concierge team had the doors to my car opened as soon as I switched off my engine and our cases and suit hangers were soon to follow and in our room, my car was parked for me and was safely looked after until our departure where, despite it being about 30 feet away was driven over to us outside the hotel entrance.

Check in was friendly, efficient and took all of two minutes.

Rooms are spacious and well equipped.

Breakfast selection was excellent, we had a slight glitch but I only mention it for the professional and speedy manner in which it was rectified.

We didn't have time to enjoy what look liked a fabulous leisure club.

If I have one negative it is the charges associated with minibar items which often in other hotels of 'this excellent standard' and including of the same group Andaz come free.

On a positive, this hotel attracts its share of celebrities and I can tell you from first hand experience (as there were some in the restaurant at the same time as us for breakfast), you are afforded the same level of excellent service as 'they' receive

After this stay, I cannot envisage stopping anywhere else when in Birmingham.

Room Tip: Unless you get vertigo ask for a room 'high up' choose canal view or city view.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Andrew S
Quorn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2013

I booked this hotel as we were going to a concert at the Symphony Hall. On arrival the concierge was polite and parked our car for us.
The reception area is light and airy with the bar area situated in the middle. The receptionist was helpful and service really quick.

We had a drink in the bar which is waiter/waitress service.

We had a room on the 15th floor which overlooked the canal and the room was big and clean.

We have stayed in a number of hotels in Birmingham and this has to be the best for the Symphony Hall as it has a connecting bridge to it.

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking the canal are great - good view.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Annemasse, France
Reviewed 26 May 2013

Stayed for business in May. Nothing to fault, the Hyatt standards are maintained. Enjoyed the aesthetics of the pool...and the hot tub<; A fine location, to boot, take a walk along the canals. Quite a nice breakfast as well, cheery staff without exception. If one wanted to cite a possible area of improvement it could only be a few more television stations...
Room spacious and comfortable and attractively decorated and quiet. Bathroom perfect. Excellent quality linens and mattress on the bed...

1 Thank hask74
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 May 2013

Staying here for a three day conference, the location was perfect as it, connected to the conference centre by a linked walkway. Other than a dinner at a prestigious local location, attended by some well known figures, the stay was entirely at the hotel so no time to explore Birmingham.

Overall the rating I'd give for the hotel is excellent. Room service (breakfast) and one or two requests regarding check-in / out timings were all accommodated.

Staff were very pleasent and helpful.

The Pravda is pleasent and seems to attract all sorts in the evening.

Location is a five minute walk from Birmingham New Street station.

Happy to recommend.