“Business trip” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
bedfordshire
“Business trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013

I stayed here for a work conference, nice rooms and modern bathroom and bar downstairs is nice, it is In centre of Birmingham for nightlife is excellent . Parking cost £14 for 24hours which is ok. I was very hungover next day so breakfast was a must before long drive home, breakfast was lovely

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (578)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed with my 34 week pregnant girlfriend during a sweltering July weekend.
Hotel staff were very good, the manager Marie had arranged on request a variety of massages and treatments for my partner, she also arranged for a bouquet of flowers and some delightful handmade chocolates to be in the room on arrival, and a booking in the Aria Restaurant for the evening.
The service within the hotel was attentive and courteous, the staff always smiling and happy to help. They all when serving considered the requirements of my pregnant partner without request. They all were very considerate and made the stay very enjoyable for us both.
The rooms were clean, well presented and spacious, the air conditioning was well used and definitely required. The spa and gym was immaculately clean with upto date equipment, the pool area was well maintained.
The hotel itself is very well located and is a short walk to The Bull Ring for all your shopping requirements.
There are a large variety of restaurants and bars within walking distance.
A lovely time was had.
Fully recommend a stay.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Folkestone, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013 via mobile

I stay at this hotel at least twice a year with my partner and we will continue using this wonderful find. The staff are always very well presented and attentive. The rooms we've stayed in are clean, comfortable and with great views. I enjoy relaxing in the spa which is fantastic, has its busy times but I much prefer when it's quieter. I work in hospitality myself and cannot fault the service provided here. It's only a short walk to my favorite restaurant in mailbox. I look forward to staying here before every visit and on check out always feel well rested and happy. I would like to thank management here and hope all the staff continue to keep up their hard work and dedication to customer service.

• Stayed November 2012
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013

I stayed here for one night with my husband as a birthday treat in May. The hotel as lovely - very clean and modern looking. The staff were all very friendly. We had breakfast at the hotel which was very tasty with a good selection. We checked in quite late and the Manager kindly extended our check out time by two hours. The hotel also has a swimming pool, jacuzzi, sauna and spa. The swimming pool and jacuzzi were amazing, we used it in the morning which was a quiet time and enjoyed relaxing in the pool. Upon on our leave we noticed the Pakistan Cream Team were checking in! I am a huge cricket fan and managed to meet a few players and take pictures :) The room we stayed in was very spacious with a good view. Bed was very comfortable and I loved the fact that their was a presser in the room. Excellent location too especially for those who enjoy the nightlife :)

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

I stayed for 2 nights in July in an executive suite. A huge room with a massive bed room and bathroom with jacuzzi. A living room with all the normal amenities and a dining table for 8.

The living room is huge and has the most incredible views of the city.

I was very pleasantly surprised with how nice Birmingham is. A few hundred metres away from the hotel you hit the main areas for shopping and partying.

The suites are great but what is even better were the staff. I have to give huge compliments to the staff at this hotel. Friendly and very helpful. The concierge was potentially a little familiar but I can deal with that.

I sent the hotel and email prior to my stay and received an immediate response. Very helpful and I could not ask for more.

The room it self was just great and I had some friends over to entertain so it worked perfectly.

The regency club was nice with views of the city. A good selection of wines and beers and very helpful staff. A well done.

The pool is nice and big enough to get a decent swim in.

I took breakfast in the regency club which was a little limited. Lots of hyatt hotels allow regency club guests to use the main restaurant this one does not which is a shame but this is my only gripe.

The hotel has been built to a high standard but is wearing around the edges now. It does need a renovation soon. The standard rooms are not that great but the suites are worth the extra cash.

A great stay and I will return.

My tip is book the suite if you can. It is simply great.

Room Tip: Suite suite suite.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2013

We stayed at the Hyatt after attending a concert in the nearby Symphony Hall. It was a perfect location with just a short walk across the bridge from the concert hall into the hotel. Others clearly had a similar idea. Views across the city and the new library from our room were spectacular. Service in all areas of the hotel was speedy and first rate. We were particularly impressed with breakfast in the restaurant and the selection of drinks and snacks available in the lounge area in the evening after the concert. All of the staff were keen to ensure that we had a relaxing and enjoyable time. The hotel is highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Worcester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2013

we stayed at the Hyatt for one night to celebrate our wedding anniversary, and had a fantastic stay. the room was amazing, with great views of the city.
The staff were extremely helpful, particularly Rebecca on reception, who could not have done enough to help us and went out of her way to ensure that we had everything that we needed.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple