“Fabulous”

Hyatt Regency Birmingham
Ranked #8 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
“Fabulous”
Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

Love coming back to Hyatt fab location fab staff a special thanks to Sandra who is truly AMAZING at the regency club can't thank you enough for great service and a warm welcome thanks for making our stay very special

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Maria M
Dominik S, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Birmingham, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Dear Maria,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent visit to our hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive compliments from our guests.

I am pleased to hear that the staff provided such excellent customer service. It will be my pleasure to share your kind words with Sandra and the rest of the team. We have very dedicated members of staff here who will be pleased to know their efforts have been recognized.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if there is anything I can assist you with. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the upcoming future.

Director of Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (603)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
UK
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Stayed here for a one night stay on business in Dec 2013. Room high up with great view of the city, floor to ceiling window. Breakfast fine and good selection. Only negative points were that the shower 'curtain' leaked and flooded the bathroom, and you had to pay an extra £3 for a bottle of water in your room which seemed a bit steep given the price of the room. Overall however would stay here again.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear pm2006uk,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent visit to our hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive compliments from our guests although I am sorry to hear of your disappointment concerning the shower curtain.

Midlands
Reviewed 14 December 2013

We arrived at the hotel and greeted at the reception desk, other were so helpful. The hotel was very busy but the service was faultless. The room was fantastic and the views of Birmingham were breath taking. We ate out in the Mailbox which is worthy of a visit. Breakfast in the morning was great as you would expect and again the staff were very attentive to our needs. We had to go up to the 24th floor to see the views a must in my book if you stay at this hotel. The lobby is airy and light streams through in abundance creating a lovely relaxing bright place to be. We visited the spa to have a look at and we wished that we had bought swimming costumes as it was really nice.Thanks to all the staff for a great night will be back soon !!

Room Tip: The higher you go the better the view
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Mark,

I am pleased to hear that the staff provided such excellent customer service. It will be my pleasure to share your kind words with the team. We have very dedicated members of staff here who will be pleased to know their efforts have been recognized.

Lichfield
Reviewed 10 December 2013

I stayed at the Hyatt hotel last weekend with my wife as we were meeting friends for a birthday celebration and to visit the Christmas markets.
I stay in hotels a lot around the world for business and can honestly say that this was one of the best levels of customer service I have experienced. From the concierge on arrival to desk staff to bar staff all were very helpful and very friendly. We were given a choice of rooms and were lucky enough to receive a new refurbished room, it was so nice we ordered room service instead of eating out!
I would recommend this hotel to anyone, indeed it will now be my hotel of choice when I stay in Birmingham.

Room Tip: Ask for a new refurbished room - they are fantastic!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Paul,

Reviewed 9 December 2013

I used Hyatt Regency Birmingham's services on business trip.
The hotel is very elegant and rooms are comfortable and provided with all necessary things you might expect from a top class hotel.

Personnel is very efficient, gentle and available.
WiFi connection is perfect both in the lobby and in the room even if the hotel is quite big.
Breakfast is abundant and full of choices, from the typical continental, to the local English Breakfast.
The swimming pool is quite big, and it represents an opportunity to do some training, not only a chance to relax. Sauna, steam room and a well equipped gym complete the offer for a nice staying.

The position of the Hotel is perfect: it's in the very center of Birmingham, in front of the brand new Biblioteque and 5 min walk from the 5 ways, the exclusive area full of restaurants, clubs and pubs.

Room Tip: If you can get a room at the highest floors you might enjoy a beautiful view of the city center and...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear Luca,

Ashington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 December 2013

I returned recently to the hyatt regency touring with a metal band, every-time I've stayed here the room has been immaculate and for those who choose to do business in their room during the day the Wi-Fi is unrivaled

WIFI is right up their on my list of importance, every room i've stayed in has always had great access and the £10 charge is not an issue if youve used some poor "business class WIFI" connections before

the hotel is clearly fitted with a quality high speed internet line and during the day I could reach upwards of 20/20mb download/upload (evening 5/2mb down/upload)

I work with large data files and this hotel made my day perfect !

Only minor niggle was after leaving i was charged £6 on my card for using water which i didn't drink, although a quick call sorted it it shouldn't have happened

Room Tip: The Higher the Better, pick a city facing room for the best view IMHO
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Sni9er_UK,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent visit to our hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive compliments from our guests although I am sorry to hear of the inconveniences caused by the incorrect charge of your credit card.

Bridgend, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

Just about everything we wanted in a hotel... location... luxury... view... location etc. So glad we chose the hyatt. Now we wouldn't stay anywhere else. The room was perfect... view outstanding... beds sooooo comfy .... didnt want to leave! Highly recommended. If there was one negative its a tiny one. The bar attached to the hotel accessing broad street had music playing in the background BUT so loud you would have sit in silence as its far too loud to talk. I asked just to lower it a little but it never was. Solution? Take your drink through to the hotel seating area. We just missed the sights of the nightime revellers passing the window of the bar. This didnt detract from total enjiyment of our stay.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank peethomas
Dominik S, Manager at Hyatt Regency Birmingham, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Dear peethomas,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent visit to our hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive compliments from our guests although I am sorry to hear of the disappointment regarding the volume of the music in our bar.